WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Predator 3500 Generator on pre-sale now.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I thought about buying the predator 3500. But it was just to big for what I want.
I just wanted something to run all day and keep batteries roped off and run some flood lights around camp at night.

Ended up getting a Westinghouse 2500.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I thought about buying the predator 3500. But it was just to big for what I want.
I just wanted something to run all day and keep batteries roped off and run some flood lights around camp at night.

Ended up getting a Westinghouse 2500.

I bought a Westinghouse 4500 dual fuel last year, its been a great Genny

HitIt

Reaction score
Finally picked one up. Runs great. Rattles like it was made in China. Time to take it apart.

Looking for any upgrades I should do. Advice? Not going to do the wheel kit... yet.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Finally picked one up. Runs great. Rattles like it was made in China. Time to take it apart.

Looking for any upgrades I should do. Advice? Not going to do the wheel kit... yet.
TPC said wheel lock rattles like a bell, might check that.

thinking about picking one of these up myself for a backup around the house and RV.

HitIt

Reaction score
I noticed that there is no fuel shutoff and the Off/Run switch controls the fuel and the ignition just like my Honda eu2000i. I installed this switch in my Honda to be able to shut the fuel off separately from the ignition so that I can run the carb out of gas. Nice not to have to drain the carb.

Plug and play and works great. Anyone know if there is anything similar for the 3500? If not, I will end up hacking in my own.

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Flip the 30 amp RV plug 180 degrees if you plan to use the 30 amp. The way they come the cord come out of the generator at around 10 oclock kinda goofy. Theres a few videos on YouTube to show you how. Also I changed the oil on mine after running it for 15 mins to get the metal flakes out and then again at 1 hour and then 8 hours. Now I run Mobil 1 in mine and change every 100 hours. Make sure you don’t overfill it past the fill line in the fuel strainer. It will fill up the charcoal canister and make it run really rich. I also clean the spark arrestor after every couple trips.

HitIt

Reaction score
@TPC just fired up the generator after it sat for 3 weeks and it is surging without a load. Didn't do it before. I am guessing that the carb got gummed up. Thoughts or tricks?

The thing only has 20 hours on it. just changed the oil.

Last edited:

yz450mm

Reaction score
@TPC just fired up the generator after it sat for 3 weeks and it is surging without a load. Didn't do it before. I am guessing that the carb got gummed up. Thoughts or tricks?

The thing only has 10 hours on it. just changed the oil.
Plugged up jet in the carb. You can try running some seafoam through it, but probably best to just pull the carb and clean out as much as you can with carb cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Seafoam works wonders. Don’t think you’d have an issue at 20 hours but I notice when I clean the spark arrestor it always seems to run best. I clean it every other trip with some carb spray.

HitIt

Reaction score
I was able to pull out the idle jet without removing the carb. Ran the metal part of a twistie tie through it. Only thing I could find in the camper that was small enought to fit through it. Put it back together and it was still surging. Fired it up about an hour ago and it started running great. Maybe whatever was in there worked it's way through.

When I get home, I am going to pull the carb off and clean everything, clean the spark arrestor, and either put in a fuel shutoff or figure out a way to separate the ignition shutoff from the on/off switch so that I can run it out of gas when I store it. Gas sucks these days.

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
I run star brite fuel stabilizer in mine and it sits for a few months in between use without issue. I would definitely run a fuel stabilizer.