WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Predator 3500 inverter questions

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Bump....

How many hours are you guys getting under "light load" conditions? I.e - its just juicing your charge converter / batteries. No A/C. Predator specs say .22 gallon per hour run time at 25% load, but im hearing they are better than that. Saw a video where a guy removed the spark arrestor completely, and claims it will run 18-19 hours on the 2.6 gallon tank?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Bump....

How many hours are you guys getting under "light load" conditions? I.e - its just juicing your charge converter / batteries. No A/C. Predator specs say .22 gallon per hour run time at 25% load, but im hearing they are better than that. Saw a video where a guy removed the spark arrestor completely, and claims it will run 18-19 hours on the 2.6 gallon tank?
I usually spill gas in the hole before stumbling to bed and its still running throughout the night.... :)

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
You need to keep an eye on valve lash. Especially the exhaust valve.

It will pound up in the seat over time and close the lash to the point that valve never fully closes and then it will burn.

The manual calls for 300 hour or "yearly" inspections. Very few adjust valves on gensets.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wife occasionally sleeps with the TV on mostly because she's up all night anyway.

I get 10 hours running time at night with just the TV running and the RV refer cycling, occasionally the RV battery charger will kick on and off.
Double door Furion Refers suck a lot of juice. Shim the doors with a washer at the lower pivot so you have no air leaks. Makes a HUGE difference in cycling.

Predator 3500's are noticeably louder with the spark arrestor removed.

On Eco run setting with the refer on Propane, no TV,, you might get 14 hours.
50" LG draws only 1.5 amps according to the amp meter on the generator.
Seems like more because the TV puts out a lot of heat, but the generator doesn't come off low idle when only the TV is on.

With the AC or electric heat we get a legit 5 hours run time. If the battery charger doesn't cycle on we can run the microwave with the AC on. Getting gasoline is a hell of a lot easier than muscle fucking & trekking out for propane refills.

Terrific generators. 19F in the snow, 116F in the heat it carries on.
If it rains I push it under the slide out.

I change the oil every 100 to 150 hours and clean the spark arrester with carb cleaner and a toothbrush. I know people that never service theirs.
When you change the spark plug annually don't pull the plug cap from the top - It'll crack and split and crumble real easy. Use a screw driver and pop it from under the 90 on a hard spot where the plug wire connects.

I like the solid "foam filled" tires over the pneumatics. It rolls much easier on the soft ground and they are way more durable. But not so easy to find replacements when you're traveling like the pneumatics are. The extra height makes oil changes easier and faster too.

0dv2Fk7.jpg

Last edited:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I have the 3500and drunkenly over filled it. Ran like shit and kept dying.

Also had a clogged idle jet.

Other than that it runs great!!