WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Predators (animal)

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Those who know our area likely know its semi rural , very little concrete and lots of rolling hills, underdeveloped compared to bigger Ca cities... as a result we (man has encroached on nature) , of late the buzz on my local "neighbor hood watch" forum is about missing pets , livestock etc and we have had several Mountain lion sightings including one in front of my shop around Thanksgiving ... The "Nancys" all seem to think theres a Evil "nite staker" with a "blood lust" to kill for sport , I've taken the position of LION+Baby goat/pet = food and survival for the predator what say the masses ?

C-2

Reaction score
EelcUQjXgAoDNq1.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Although aliens would be cool, we all know they prefer cattle mutilations as well as the occasional cat dissection. Ramirez type guys would probably hit more populous areas...easier to hide with the homeless.

so the obvious answer is el chupacabra 👍

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Those who know our area likely know its semi rural , very little concrete and lots of rolling hills, underdeveloped compared to bigger Ca cities... as a result we (man has encroached on nature) , of late the buzz on my local "neighbor hood watch" forum is about missing pets , livestock etc and we have had several Mountain lion sightings including one in front of my shop around Thanksgiving ... The "Nancys" all seem to think theres a Evil "nite staker" with a "blood lust" to kill for sport , I've taken the position of LION+Baby goat/pet = food and survival for the predator what say the masses ?

How big of livestock?

Anything 25lbs. and under is coyote territory and they are damn well cunning /stealthy.
I have video of one spending 30 minutes going after one of my parrots on my back deck. The coyote would take a bite at the straps holding the cage up, and or at the bird and look up after each bite looking for movement (someone coming). They’ve survived centuries for a reason lol.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
How big of livestock?

Anything 25lbs. and under is coyote territory and they are damn well cunning /stealthy.
I have video of one spending 30 minutes going after one of my parrots on my back deck. The coyote would take a bite at the straps holding the cage up, and or at the bird and look up after each bite looking for movement (someone coming). They’ve survived centuries for a reason lol.
They are impressive little bastards. I live in an area known as Coyote Springs. (Used to be known as "Jackass Flats", but not as marketable I guess.) The yotes out here are pretty resourceful. They have tactics, that's for sure. You'll have one near the fenceline, either a female calling, or one with a different yelp, like a wounded one. With optics, you scan out, maybe a 50ft radius from the one making noise, and you can see the 4 or 5 others waiting for dinner!

Rumor has it, they'll eat their own bait should it become...incapacitated ;)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
It's mountain lions and coyotes
Lets not forget the Bobcat!
People like to blame coyotes, but?

A neighbor between me and @sintax had to stop putting water in his bird bath because of them.
He, on his way out the door early mornings was startled/surprised by a couple of bobcats using his facilities, who were likewise startled surprised by his walking out his front door on a few occasions 😂

They’re stealth lil bastards.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
They are impressive little bastards. I live in an area known as Coyote Springs. (Used to be known as "Jackass Flats", but not as marketable I guess.) The yotes out here are pretty resourceful. They have tactics, that's for sure. You'll have one near the fenceline, either a female calling, or one with a different yelp, like a wounded one. With optics, you scan out, maybe a 50ft radius from the one making noise, and you can see the 4 or 5 others waiting for dinner!

Rumor has it, they'll eat their own bait should it become...incapacitated ;)
For sure
They work around the golf course we’re on and signal each other for kills. When I happen to have a dead rodent , just toss it over on the vacant property next to me, gone overnight every time. They walk by the next door property and take cover moving , literally moving one at a time like squad tactics. Smart bastards they are.

Taboma

Reaction score
For sure
They work around the golf course we’re on and signal each other for kills. When I happen to have a dead rodent , just toss it over on the vacant property next to me, gone overnight every time. They walk by the next door property and take cover moving , literally moving one at a time like squad tactics. Smart bastards they are.

I toss decapitated rattlers and rodents to the back of my grove, like you wrote --- gone by morning. I jokingly call them the "Night Crew" clean up in the grove isle 5 😁

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Thats about right.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The coyotes trick where i live is one will somehow chum up with a pet dog and try to lure it into the woods where the rest are waiting....that's what people are claiming.

My dogs are pretty crazy when they see a yote. I am sure they will do that but they know mine are just a little too much to handle....lol

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We have a large fox that comes around smart as hell sets off the lights you even look out the blinds and it looking back and gone 🤔

dave29

Reaction score
Here's what's in my backyard. Took this with my game cam. We also have mountain lions, coyotes, porky pines, skunks, Lynx, eagles, hawks, raccoons, fox's, beavers and musk rats. Oh Elk and deer.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Here's what's in my backyard. Took this with my game cam.

Video.JPG

I wish Dave would ban all you guys with whatever phones you post videos with that only folks with the same phone can see.
Imagine, if there was a common video format everybody could see. 😂

Anyway, nice thought, and yup, it's dark out at my house at night too. ;)

I get a real mix --- They seem to alternate nights and times. Coyotes & Bobcats don't always wait for dark.
Coyotes have filed complaints as this is usually avocado season, but I topped and trimmed the grove this summer, so no avos and they love avocados.

Coyote Pair 2-16-20 -2.jpg

1-06-20 Bobcat.jpg

1-06-20 Racoon.jpg

Racoon 2-23-20 vid capture.jpg

Buck 7-30-20-1.jpg

dave29

Reaction score
I was taken with a game cam not a phone. You can't see it???? Yikes!!

Taboma

Reaction score
I was taken with a game cam not a phone. You can't see it???? Yikes!!

No sir, I posted a snapshot of what I can see on a windows desktop using Chrome. But I recall Dave saying, certain phones and maybe it's Taptalk that doesn't allow everybody to view. My DSL upload speeds are so slow where I live, I don't even bother trying to upload even a short video.
Jungle tribes who've never seen a white man have better internet speeds that are available to me.
MP4 ?

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Guys there are all sort of critters in the hills and wooded area surrounding the Town and back in the canyon we live in , Coyotes are a problem, have we "dispatched" a couple over the years , in fact theres a cat rescue a mile or so away from my place "
( as the crow flys) and the people dump their unwanted felines off in the nite and they often become snacks for Wile Coyote , This latest issue is all the Karens ( likley new to the area) who are Naive enough to move into an area like ours and expect different results . The Lion is a real deal and yet its doing what comes naturally , I made this point yesterday and got scolded by one saying "I was disrespectful to the PHD types that know more than I about animal behavior" I suspect they will piss and moan till the Lion (s) are trapped or relocated ... there goes the neighborhood... ;)

lion 1.jpeg

lion 1.jpeg