WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prescott area inmates?

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Any inmates in the Prescott, Prescott valley or Chino valley area's? I just moved into town yesterday. I was wondering what areas to avoid/check out, what restaurants/bars are good, ect.

Plus being new in town I know absolutely nobody except for the boss and family of my new job, So it would be nice to have a familiar face around if there are any members out in the area.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Any inmates in the Prescott, Prescott valley or Chino valley area's? I just moved into town yesterday. I was wondering what areas to avoid/check out, what restaurants/bars are good, ect.

Plus being new in town I know absolutely nobody except for the boss and family of my new job, So it would be nice to have a familiar face around if there are any members out in the area.
Congratulations

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Congrats on the move. We used to visit Prescott Valley when my step-daughter lived there and seriously considered moving there. They are no longer there and now live in Upstate NY.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Wife & I moved to Prescott about 5 months ago, we are North of town off of Williamson Valley Road in Inscription Canyon. No expert here but have had a few dinners downtown at Murphy’s, food was great but a little on the pricey side. Hopefully, Monkeywrench will chime in, he is just East of Prescott in Chino Valley & knows the area a lot better than me.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For grub...Outlaw Donuts in town, Plaza Deli is good, but not cheap. @wash11 is right about the hole in the wall place in Chino...not the end all be all, but about the best Mexican in the area. East side, towards me in Prescott Valley...big hit lately is Colt Grill. Smokehouse place, it's good and they aren't mask Nazis. Cheaper than a taking a fimily of 5 to McDonalds too. Guido's pizza is pretty good, they have 2 locations, carry out only. Maya's is a little mexican place behind Robert's Market. Food's pretty good, but I don't believe open for dinner. Her sister owns a place in Prescott, hear it's good, but haven't eaten there. That family's patriarch is a cool old guy. Was the only produce supplier for the shops up here for years. Has a mexican market now, does a bunch of charity stuff for people...like boxed Thanksgiving meal kits. He had a refer semi at the church down the road, pretty cool.

If you have kids, there's a different list that includes kids menus and discount pricing.
Makes a big difference!

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
El Gato Azul is a nice little dinner spot downtown. Great food and cozy place, although its mostly patio so the ambiance is a little different in the winter. If you like Indian food Taj Mahal is on Montezuma and really good. As Monkeyswrench said plaza deli is good grub and they have and endless supply of craft beers. Bills Grill has the best burgers in town and is on south Montezuma. Bin 239 has great ambiance for dinner and awesome wood fired pizza. The Point is a good place to grab a cocktail if you are looking for a loungy atmosphere. In PV, the Backburner has awesome breakfast and is family owned.
If you are into mountain biking you are living with hundreds of miles of trails right out your door.
Enjoy!

endobear

Reaction score
Used to live there and had lots of family there. Haven't been in years though. When we would visit we would always hit the the Waffle Iron. Uses to call it the place that killed grandpa. Grandmother always liked Murphys and The Rose.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
For grub...Outlaw Donuts in town, Plaza Deli is good, but not cheap. @wash11 is right about the hole in the wall place in Chino...not the end all be all, but about the best Mexican in the area. East side, towards me in Prescott Valley...big hit lately is Colt Grill. Smokehouse place, it's good and they aren't mask Nazis. Cheaper than a taking a fimily of 5 to McDonalds too. Guido's pizza is pretty good, they have 2 locations, carry out only. Maya's is a little mexican place behind Robert's Market. Food's pretty good, but I don't believe open for dinner. Her sister owns a place in Prescott, hear it's good, but haven't eaten there. That family's patriarch is a cool old guy. Was the only produce supplier for the shops up here for years. Has a mexican market now, does a bunch of charity stuff for people...like boxed Thanksgiving meal kits. He had a refer semi at the church down the road, pretty cool.

If you have kids, there's a different list that includes kids menus and discount pricing.
Makes a big difference!
Have friends that live in the area that we visit and the first time there they did the Outlaw donut deal!!! Holy Crap, they're hard to beat. We went to a little BBQ place near their place, just off a main road, don't know the name but it was great also. Their address is in Dewy(sp).

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Damn! Thank you for all of the tips on places to go!!! I'm about to head out and explore the town. If anyone is in town and you see my truck, give me a wave and a honk!
IMG_20201206_142208569_BURST001.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Damn! Thank you for all of the tips on places to go!!! I'm about to head out and explore the town. If anyone is in town and you see my truck, give me a wave and a honk! View attachment 957471
A lot of people out my way wave and nod...with everyone! Been out here for 8-9 years now, and it's still odd!

I have to ask, what type of industry could possibly lure you here? We aren't exactly a metropolis or industrial powerhouse. Great place to live though!

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
A lot of people out my way wave and nod...with everyone! Been out here for 8-9 years now, and it's still odd!

I have to ask, what type of industry could possibly lure you here? We aren't exactly a metropolis or industrial powerhouse. Great place to live though!
I'm gonna start working for LM UTV in Prescott valley.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Cool, that BackBurner place is right on the corner for breakfast, and the other place is good for lunch with pizza and wings.
Long Mesa is literally 6 miles from me, 1 mile past my mail boxes!
Kick ass! I'll have to swing by. All I do know is there is a smokin hot blonde and brunette that work at the Roberts gas station by my work. Haha

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For the life of me, can't picture the brunette, but know the blonde you mean 😂

Two things: if running late for work, DPS and PVPD hang out by the water tank, and right there at the overpass by Robert's. The other, Robert rd, from 89a to 69, is a 25mph speed trap. Most stuff idles that fast.

There are a couple of "trailerhoods" down that area. Couple of losers in town, but cops know who they are. One of the shadier tow companies is by your work, and so is the local repo man's yard. He's cool, but I sure as hell wouldn't mess with him. PV's municipal yard is right there too. Don't freak when you see an MRAP early in the morning...it goes out occasionally with the Sherrif's boys for high risk warrants. Usually outside of town.

Oh, and my wife wanted me to mention Copper Pit, little burger place on Robert. Pretty damn good.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Oh, and my wife wanted me to mention Copper Pit, little burger place on Robert. Pretty damn good.
Is that place open? First time I went to Prescott it was closed. Drove by it this last Tuesday and looked closed still.

Boozer, if you're looking for something to do take a trip over to Jerome. I just did this last Tuesday and the drive through the mountain was neat with the snow.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Is that place open? First time I went to Prescott it was closed. Drove by it this last Tuesday and looked closed still.

Boozer, if you're looking for something to do take a trip over to Jerome. I just did this last Tuesday and the drive through the mountain was neat with the snow.
Still open, but they have some goofy hours. I think it's just a mom and daughter deal.
If sending him over the hill, Haunted Hamburger is good too.

73beast

Reaction score
Damn! Thank you for all of the tips on places to go!!! I'm about to head out and explore the town. If anyone is in town and you see my truck, give me a wave and a honk! View attachment 957471
Just moved my daughe
El Gato Azul is a nice little dinner spot downtown. Great food and cozy place, although its mostly patio so the ambiance is a little different in the winter. If you like Indian food Taj Mahal is on Montezuma and really good. As Monkeyswrench said plaza deli is good grub and they have and endless supply of craft beers. Bills Grill has the best burgers in town and is on south Montezuma. Bin 239 has great ambiance for dinner and awesome wood fired pizza. The Point is a good place to grab a cocktail if you are looking for a loungy atmosphere. In PV, the Backburner has awesome breakfast and is family owned.
If you are into mountain biking you are living with hundreds of miles of trails right out your door.
Enjoy!
Just moved my oldest daughter and husband into their new home in the American Ranch development. He is very much into mountain biking,main reason they moved there. We arrived last sunday night.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Word on the street is, don't mention that you're from CA. They'll run you out of town. lol

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
@bobbytheboozer welcome to the area! I live out in chino. Some more good restaurants in Prescott would be Lindo Mexico up by Walmart. Labrussas italian food up iron springs and you can bring your own bottle of wine. Also brown bag burger.

Who do you work for and what do you do?

wash11

Reaction score
If any Prescott locals ever do a RDP get together, Amy and I will bring enough home grown ground beef for kick ass burgers. It's about a 100 mile trip for us but we seem to be in Prescott a couple times per month between buying feed, yearlings and picking up from our butcher so planning a trip is easy.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
@bobbytheboozer welcome to the area! I live out in chino. Some more good restaurants in Prescott would be Lindo Mexico up by Walmart. Labrussas italian food up iron springs and you can bring your own bottle of wine. Also brown bag burger.

Who do you work for and what do you do?
I am going to be working for LM UTV in Prescott valley. Doing a bunch of stuff. I can't wait! If you see my truck around, don't hesitate to give me a wave!

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
If any Prescott locals ever do a RDP get together, Amy and I will bring enough home grown ground beef for kick ass burgers. It's about a 100 mile trip for us but we seem to be in Prescott a couple times per month between buying feed, yearlings and picking up from our butcher so planning a trip is easy.
That would be freaking awesome!

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
I see youre working over on long mesa. I have done a lot of work over there in the last year with that viewpoint connector and pole change outs and multi pole blow downs. So there's a good chance I'll see you.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Our neighbors just moved to chino. I had never heard of it but they say we’d love it. Congrats on the move. I’m jealous
Yep, we have a Chino Valley...gets confusing as hell when someone from Cali, that lives here now, says something about Chino...and you can't tell which one!

With your skill set, and time frame, I'd bring the family for a day run from BH. See if you all like it. Then, start looking to by dirt if you do. Build a house in time to retire to. Play the long game. It's right at 200mi from Chino to Shiver River....about 220 for me!

stevesdcb

Reaction score
I’m good for a meet up. Been thinking about buying 1/4 from you. Need to buy a bigger freezer, I’m working on it.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
I see youre working over on long mesa. I have done a lot of work over there in the last year with that viewpoint connector and pole change outs and multi pole blow downs. So there's a good chance I'll see you.
If you see me just tell "hey fuckface!" and flip me off and I will know it's you. Haha

the510

Reaction score

have been wanting to start post asking about Prescott valley.. Last year we sold our Lake Havasu house and we really miss having a AZ getaway. My dad retired this year and is looking to get away from people, but my mom still needs to be some what social. They have been looking in Prescott, Scottsdale areas.

I personally have been targeting land in Chino Valley, and Williamson Valley. How do you like it so far?

stevesdcb

Reaction score
have been wanting to start post asking about Prescott valley.. Last year we sold our Lake Havasu house and we really miss having a AZ getaway. My dad retired this year and is looking to get away from people, but my mom still needs to be some what social. They have been looking in Prescott, Scottsdale areas.

I personally have been targeting land in Chino Valley, and Williamson Valley. How do you like it so far?
Can’t speak specifically about PV, as mentioned in post #7, I’m in Inscription Canyon. Been about 9 months now, we like it, on 2 plus acres, super quiet. Seldom do we see neighbors or even cars driving by. It’s a 20 minute drive to Prescott. I work part time in Prescott around the Courthouse area. The Courthouse area is right across the street from Whisky Row, kinda like the town square. Always a lot of peeps sight seeing, walking their dogs, shopping, hanging out in the park, its pretty mellow & cool. This weekend there is a big arts & crafts fair on the Courthouse Plaza......plenty of peeps for moms to socialize with.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score

In-laws live in Prescott Valley and they absolutely love it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm out in PV. 20-30 minute drive to the Square. I'm in the extreme NE, so 10 miles from the shopping areas/town of PV. We're on 10 acres. Pretty quiet, but a lot of working class folk, so the 2 lane gets a bit congested in the mornings. There are some nice places that are more geared to social people, a few developments out here have clubhouses and community type deals. I couldn't do that, as my hobbies tend to be on the loud side, and required a bigger garage. They are building some new homes down by View Point and 89A that look like they are going to be on larger lots, and have RV garages. Nice place, but far too many libs moving into the zip code.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
thanks... How is the traffic during the typical rush hours?
Not really an issue...the biggest "traffic" issue in PV would be 7:50am on Glassford Hill...a middle school and a high school right next to each other. Other than that, getting used to people that aren't in a rush to do anything.

Mikes56

Reaction score
A couple friends of mine moved there for retirement. We went to visit them and they took us to a mom and pop breakfast place it town. I can’t remember the name of it, but two cops were having breakfast there also. I asked the waitress to give me their check, and she laughed and said, “ Someone else already got it.”

Nice town, good people and obviously they like their law enforcement.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
I'm in chino absolutely love it. I live in a subdivision with 1 acre min. I have 2 acres nieghbor's are old hot rodders so they don't mind loud noises to much. As if they could hear. 😂

franky

Reaction score
Insurgent Brewery in Chino Valley is a cool place, nice family owners. Across the highway is a catering truck, actually more of a permanent trailer, in a dirt lot that sells tacos and the best Pho believe it or not.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Insurgent Brewery in Chino Valley is a cool place, nice family owners. Across the highway is a catering truck, actually more of a permanent trailer, in a dirt lot that sells tacos and the best Pho believe it or not.
As in beef pho with noodles? May need to make a trip over there!

Flatsix66

Reaction score
We own some land in Long Meadow ranch east in Williamson Valley, hope to build and move out there in 3-4 years to retire from SoCal. We love visiting the area, keeps us motivated and focused on making it to retirement. Will split time between Prescott (summer) and Havasu (winter) and look forward to the easy drive between the two.

the510

Reaction score
A couple friends of mine moved there for retirement. We went to visit them and they took us to a mom and pop breakfast place it town. I can’t remember the name of it, but two cops were having breakfast there also. I asked the waitress to give me their check, and she laughed and said, “ Someone else already got it.”

Nice town, good people and obviously they like their law enforcement.
Love this

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Love spending time in that area and have some good friends living in town. I’m up between there and Williamson during archery season and almost always make the detour into town if the 10 is a mess going down the hill.

I’ve always enjoyed a good sandwich at Chubby Chucks off Williamson valley rd.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Love spending time in that area and have some good friends living in town. I’m up between there and Williamson during archery season and almost always make the detour into town if the 10 is a mess going down the hill.

I’ve always enjoyed a good sandwich at Chubby Chucks off Williamson valley rd.
Who doesn't like a chubby!? I love that place to.