WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Presidents day

69hondo

Reaction score
Where are you going?
We have no plans as I have a shit load of stuff to get done around the house the next few weekends but if I get enough done we may head out camping and riding some where.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Wife, daughter and I are heading out to Ocotillo. Friends want us to head out and camp in Parker to go to Desert Bar, but it is just too far of a trip from the IE with not enough time. Hoping to stay either in Truckhaven or off the 22. Definitely not off the 78 as last time we were out there it was a dust bowl.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Hoping to get out to Dove Springs or Spangler if I can get my car back together.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Planning on being back out in Glamis!
if all goes according to plan

Meaney77

Reaction score
Find anyone to fix the spindle?
I did find someone local who was able to beef them up without having to do the 2" hollows which is a good thing because I would have had to buy new spindles, disk brakes, etc...Hopefully getting them back this weekend.

Icky

Reaction score
Heading out the weekend after

Singleton

Reaction score
Wife, daughter and I are heading out to Ocotillo. Friends want us to head out and camp in Parker to go to Desert Bar, but it is just too far of a trip from the IE with not enough time. Hoping to stay either in Truckhaven or off the 22. Definitely not off the 78 as last time we were out there it was a dust bowl.

looks like we are heading that direction as well. Pending a buddy getting his Jeep fixed (both rear axle shock mounts snapped last time out). Blew the shocks and has to be worst way to find out your bump stops were incorrectly installed.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Havasu and camping, welcome to join us. Right now it’s just us

BajaMike

Reaction score
It’s always one of the busiest weekends at the major ski resorts. A lot of families take the week off.

Reactions: TPC

69hondo

Reaction score
I did find someone local who was able to beef them up without having to do the 2" hollows which is a good thing because I would have had to buy new spindles, disk brakes, etc...Hopefully getting them back this weekend.

Yeah when I did mine I had to do the same. I saved a little by giving them my old spindles and they rebuilt them for the 2" hollow. Well I hope you get them back and can go use that thing again soon.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Yeah when I did mine I had to do the same. I saved a little by giving them my old spindles and they rebuilt them for the 2" hollow. Well I hope you get them back and can go use that thing again soon.
Thanks Man, We need to hook up one of these trips to the sand or the river.

renodaytona

Reaction score
We got a ton of snow up here. I was planning to go out to Sand Mountain for 4 days. Might be heading to Dumont to get away from this:
1B58FB05-BEDA-47E3-9141-1901CD5E3DE1.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Where are you going?
We have no plans as I have a shit load of stuff to get done around the house the next few weekends but if I get enough done we may head out camping and riding some where.

Shooting for Spangler the first weekend in March. Probably camp there on the Dry Lake for at least a week - 10 days. Always good access, plenty of room and fun.
35.427779, -117.593932

Wife's also talking up Boulder BLM above Phoenix sometime later in spring - before the heat sets in.

Last edited:

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Didn't make it out anywhere... heard Glamis was a wind fest most of the weekend.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Didn't make it out anywhere... heard Glamis was a wind fest most of the weekend.
It was still one of the busiest Presidents Day that I have seen recently. My phone camera took a crap so I have no pictures. We left Olds Saturday afternoon and headed to the swing set. It was like a giant ant farm out there. There were groups riding in every direction. The area around the flag pole and the swing set was as busiest that I have ever seen it. Between the two it looked as busy as it does for the Veterans day celebration.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It was still one of the busiest Presidents Day that I have seen recently. My phone camera took a crap so I have no pictures. We left Olds Saturday afternoon and headed to the swing set. It was like a giant ant farm out there. There were groups riding in every direction. The area around the flag pole and the swing set was as busiest that I have ever seen it. Between the two it looked as busy as it does for the Veterans day celebration.
We had great dune runs each day, today was the best. All you have to do is get up and go at 730, beat the crowds who just go for the partying and are hungover and beat the wind

wallnutz

Reaction score
We had great dune runs each day, today was the best. All you have to do is get up and go at 730, beat the crowds who just go for the partying and are hungover and beat the wind
We did 8am runs every day, then did our dune cruising to the hang out spots later in the day knowing it was going to crowded and torn up.

69hondo

Reaction score
Dumont was busier than I thought it was going to be but still not to bad. That damn W came up big saturday afternoon and all night but it was gone Sunday morning and left some awesome dunes. Had fast third and forth gear runs all day Sunday.