WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

President's Weekend Glamis 2021 Video

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
Great video! I know how much time and effort goes into editing these. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! lol people never realize how much time it takes. Get 3 hours of solid footage and break it up into 7 second clips to make a 3 minute video and then make it all flow and look good 😂

riverroyal

Reaction score
nice work, wish it was longer!!
There a white truck in the beginning, looks like a tacoma, that thing is a sleeper.
The in-car camera guys had his shit together, real helmet, haans device.

gqchris

Reaction score
Always look forward to your videos and appreciate them immensely!

This culture is so fascinating to me. I follow alot of those top dogs on Instagram in the video. They go there to JUST RACE. Thats it. They break something, and its back to the shops to repair and make faster. It is literally throwing thousand dollar bills in the wind!

Does anyone know, are the wheelies for show appeal or the fast cars just cant keep the front down? Wouldnt they design the cars to keep the wheels down for better straight line runs or? Its seems like these cars are just about the sand drags and not really duning after the fact.

JLG614

Reaction score

This culture is so fascinating to me. I follow alot of those top dogs on Instagram in the video. They go there to JUST RACE. Thats it. They break something, and its back to the shops to repair and make faster. It is literally throwing thousand dollar bills in the wind!

Does anyone know, are the wheelies for show appeal or the fast cars just cant keep the front down? Wouldnt they design the cars to keep the wheels down for better straight line runs or? Its seems like these cars are just about the sand drags and not really duning after the fact.
Alot of the top dogs have multiple cars and don't do a whole lot of duning with their fastest cars. they save those strictly for racing and the drags. The wheelies are uncontrollable. too much horsepower, these cars are pushing over 2k+ to the wheels. They are absolutely designed for it. Weights, water tanks, and fuel tanks all in the front to hold them down. They also limit the shocks and travel to keep the fronts down as well. If you watch them when they start to wheelie the front wheels hardly fall down at all because they want the front to stay as low as possible

BlowMe

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing! Always love your videos. Always come out fuckin killer! And damn do yall have some amazing and gorgeous places over there that look like so much damn fun 😍😍😍

JLG614

Reaction score
There a white truck in the beginning, looks like a tacoma, that thing is a sleeper.
most of the fast guys wear full gear when they race, hans, helmet, ect. There are guys that easily do 120+mph and don't have any gear on and i think they are insane. Sand is like water. every pass is different, new ruts, different lines, so unpredictable. its pretty amazing how fast these cars are really going. the green car in the video with the camera inside hit 150mph on that run. the day before he did 162mph

renodaytona

Reaction score
Definitely enjoy your vids. Got a couple of your calendars and a hat when you guys put those up for sale, thanks for the koozies with the order! 😎

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Alot of the top dogs have multiple cars and don't do a whole lot of duning with their fastest cars. they save those strictly for racing and the drags. The wheelies are uncontrollable. too much horsepower, these cars are pushing over 2k+ to the wheels. They are absolutely designed for it. Weights, water tanks, and fuel tanks all in the front to hold them down. They also limit the shocks and travel to keep the fronts down as well. If you watch them when they start to wheelie the front wheels hardly fall down at all because they want the front to stay as low as possible
The fast guys are getting the front to stay down fairly well. Front mount fuel cells and lead bars. As well as longer trailing arms.
the big dogs are pushing 2,000hp at the wheel.

shit is crazy

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Man when I used to go as a kid a ls with a turbo was the hit shit in the early 2000s.
Rhinos were just hitting the scene.

2000 hp to the wheels? Jesus.

when we bought the rzr and went back a few years ago the tech definitely changed.

what’s one of these drag cars cost? 250?
I know if you have to ask, but i wanna know.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Man when I used to go as a kid a ls with a turbo was the hit shit in the early 2000s.

when we bought the rzr and went back a few years ago the tech definitely changed.

I would say 250 and up.Not sure what one of those redline twin turbo motor costs alone. Someone shit as Jeff he just bought two😁

wallnutz

Reaction score

The three fastest are a little north of 300 said and done.

Taboma

Reaction score
Haven't been to Glamis since the mid 80's --- so gotta ask, what's with the quads running mixed in with these cars ? Seems like a great way to die, like jet skis racing flatties, or are they legit contenders ?

sintax

Reaction score

If you can spend 250k on a truck you can spend a few dollars on some proper gear.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
There is so much more to Glamis then just going straight and sand highway, but thats fine with me, never go to any of those spots, prefer to turn left and right, thats what duning is, and its amazing how many people on holiday weekend go nowhere else than olds, the drags, sand highway and vendors row. Again fine with me if you head out in the morning the dunes are empty even on a holiday weekend.

Unfortunately something bad is going to happen at the drags one of these days. Its not a matter of if, just when. The fastest cars are north of 160 mph now. Would you go to a Nascar race and watch with no barriers or fences and let your kids play in the sand on the front row? I just dont get it.

The tatum at 25 seconds in is one of Ponts fleet, he usually has Paul Tracy drive it, it came back to camp with several rods through the block and fire from the oil hitting the exhaust. Expensive weekend.

JLG614

Reaction score
There is so much more to Glamis then just going straight and sand highway, but thats fine with me, never go to any of those spots, prefer to turn left and right, thats what duning is, and its amazing how many people on holiday weekend go nowhere else than olds, the drags, sand highway and vendors row. Again fine with me if you head out in the morning the dunes are empty even on a holiday weekend.

Unfortunately something bad is going to happen at the drags one of these days. Its not a matter of if, just when. The fastest cars are north of 160 mph now. Would you go to a Nascar race and watch with no barriers or fences and let your kids play in the sand on the front row? I just dont get it.

The tatum at 25 seconds in is one of Ponts fleet, he usually has Paul Tracy drive it, it came back to camp with several rods through the block and fire from the oil hitting the exhaust. Expensive weekend.
i agree with you. we have some fast cars in our group but we are duners, not very fun going as fast as you can in a straight line or up olds but it is entertaining to watch. you are definitely right, someone is going to get hurt at some point. I don't let me wife stand up front with me at the drags when i film and i always try to film towards the front before these cars get wild going through the whoops. Paul tracy was driving one of ponts cars and starting back from pad 1.5 and by the time he hit the drags he was doing over 100, 140mph by the end. too much if you ask me but thats just my opinion. its all fun and most of the guys are respectful and just want to have a good time and entertain the crowd

JLG614

Reaction score
Haven't been to Glamis since the mid 80's --- so gotta ask, what's with the quads running mixed in with these cars ? Seems like a great way to die, like jet skis racing flatties, or are they legit contenders ?
Those people are either alot braver or stupider than i am, not sure which one. It was crazy taking my car down the drags one time let alone being on a bike or a quad

CLdrinker

Reaction score

To each there own. Sooner or later somebodies ego is going to get crushed.
160mph through the bumps is serious business shit gets real ugly at that speed.
The risk is getting awful high to be the baddest mother fucker at the drags.

77charger

Reaction score

Pretty much they are out for the show faster they go the more attention BUt everyone has their choices of what to do.Personally i dont care what they do its jsut a few less cars in the dunes.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I almost lost it just before you guys showed up, you guys parked just behind me at the drags Saturday. Happy I haven’t been made famous in any videos yet, lol
Car got sideways on the whoops left side, Ended up heading towards crowd in 4th gear on 2 wheels, and not the rears. Shut it down quick and parked to clean up my shame. could have ended badly

great video by the way

we got a Bieber flag that must be rocked for the weekend if your shit breaks and causes any delay longer then 30 mins
looks like were not the only ones, lol
B1223FFE-2208-4582-83C7-70EDE40CB3E8.jpeg
105A8ADE-3275-4229-8CBF-274CFEC6DBDE.jpeg

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

Shhh! We don't want the rest of the clowns screwing up our dunes. But yeah, I laugh at those who go to the flagpole, swingset, olds, and the store and call it a long day of hardcore riding. Epic ride, bro! Pfft. I'm good with that though. They can stay up there and away from us.

And yeah, only a matter of time before something happens at the drags. Then those will be closed too.

jones performance

Reaction score
I almost lost it just before you guys showed up, you guys parked just behind me at the drags Saturday. Happy I haven’t been made famous in any videos yet, lol
Car got sideways on the whoops left side, Ended up heading towards crowd in 4th gear on 2 wheels, and not the rears. Shut it down quick and parked to clean up my shame. could have ended badly

great video by the way

we got a Bieber flag that must be rocked for the weekend if your shit breaks and causes any delay longer then 30 mins
View attachment 973531 View attachment 973532

whos the builder of your car?

endobear

Reaction score

great video by the way

View attachment 973531 View attachment 973532
In my dirt biking days, whoever laid it down last got the spoon taped or zip tied to their bike until the next guy eats it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
In my dirt biking days, whoever laid it down last got the spoon taped or zip tied to their bike until the next guy eats it.
We have a apron that says "Camp Bitch" on it, if you get towed in you have to wear it for the weekend and cook all the meals and get anyone a beer when they ask. Crazy how hard our friends tried to fix shit in the dunes and make it back under their own power.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
We have a apron that says "Camp Bitch" on it, if you get towed in you have to wear it for the weekend and cook all the meals and get anyone a beer when they ask. Crazy how hard our friends tried to fix shit in the dunes and make it back under their own power.

When Harvey and Joe asked what’s up with the flag, my guys told them I was a super fan and play his music at camp all night driving them nuts. Harvey made a wtf face and no one told him the real reason.
Joe knows better, lol

I suggested a Biden flag. But figured the not knowing peeps wouldn’t think it’s so funny. Lmao!
Around New Years there was groups literally searching for a dude sporting Biden and F trump flags. Guys were talking about trashing their camp, rigs, rides etc... I was like uhhhh what if it his punishment.

77charger

Reaction score
Our group there’s a rainbow flag. I’m still waiting for one of them to pay off a bet he has to fly it on his car to the ledge at sunset.