WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pretty bad ass truck / Ram T-Rex

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Picked up my truck for service at the Havasu dealer and saw this bad boy sitting out front. 710 hp TRX aka T-Rex. Sales guy said $100k ish. Engine has this image of a T-Rex chasing a velociraptor.
965BCBCF-E180-4DAD-A3A8-BEABF94A71AC.jpeg

Attachments

• E6224331-A53B-4A19-8792-0C945A213222.png
    E6224331-A53B-4A19-8792-0C945A213222.png
    650.1 KB · Views: 240

DWC

Reaction score
Saw a quick preview on Motor Trend channel last night. The 0-60 and 1/4 mile times were pretty impressive.

C9374BA9-8DB8-41AA-BA05-66BB39608DF7.jpeg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Picked up my truck for service at the Havasu dealer and saw this bad boy sitting out front. 710 hp TRX aka T-Rex. Sales guy said $100k ish. Engine has this image of a T-Rex chasing a velociraptor.
View attachment 992199
I was at Moss Dodge last month, they had a Charcoal T Rex in the showroom, with the dealer markups etc it was $130k😧😧
Or, about $5k less than I paid for my house😂😂

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I drove one around the block, Holy Hell! I’d love one, actually nicer than a Raptor.

Reactions: DWC

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
They are many subtle hints at the raptor through out the truck. With the T. rex eating a raptor.

Raptor still has the better suspension if you’re going to go off road.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I drove one around the block, Holy Hell! I’d love one, actually nicer than a Raptor designed years ago.

Fixed it for ya

The new Raptor ought to give the TRX a run for its $$$

These are street trucks with power that few will/can use offroad. And using that much power off road is an invitation to get thread-famed on internet forums

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Under the engine cover is actually a T-Rex with a Raptor in its mouth.

I like the truck but the Raptor outside and inside styling still more my style.

EDIT: Pretty awesome time for buyers to have so many high horsepower options with warranties available to us across most platforms.

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Fixed it for ya

The new Raptor ought to give the TRX a run for its $$$

These are street trucks with power that few will/can use offroad. And using that much power off road is an invitation to get thread-famed on internet forums

The new raptor-R will kill the trex all around. Our owner will be getting one of the first to roll out.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Raptor owners would still have a V6 if the TRX didn't come out and pushed the envelope.

I was not a fan when they first did the v6. But have to say I have only had mine 2 weeks and am blown away with the truck in stock form. I have driven the older V8 version and the v6 is a better and faster truck. That being said mine won’t be stock for long as the ups driver is already delivering parts. 🤦‍♂️

HitIt

Reaction score
The raptors are better in every way.

I like both trucks but this is factually inaccurate. At minimum, the TRX wins the HP war. So that isn't *every* way. Maybe you meant "the raptors are better in every way that matters to me"?

with the dealer markups etc it was $130k...Or, about $5k less than I paid for my house
the-intergenerational-rift-ok-boomer.jpg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I don’t understand that much power in a truck that’s supposedly purpose-built to go off-road.

Just call it what it is...a street truck with some bling. Tapping 1/3 of that power off road will fold the truck in half.

The TRX must be twice the truck as this, since it has twice the power [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I like both trucks but this is factually inaccurate. At minimum, the TRX wins the HP war. So that isn't *every* way. Maybe you meant "the raptors are better in every way that matters to me"?

View attachment 992425
Lol!
First off. A boomer (as described by Wikipedia) is someone born between 1946 and 1964.
I was born in 69, so the letters F O should mean something😂

Secondly, I bought the place in 1997, a new half ton truck was about $24k

Now pipe down whippersnapper😎

DWC

Reaction score
I like the overall look of the TRX. Just think they went overboard with the two-tone colors. Seems like it’s the Dodge brand thing to do.
The only version i could get to build out in one color was Black. Added some bead locks and the launch control and came in at just under $80k. I’d have no issue driving this around. You’d break some hearts in the Fast n Furious crowd.
8ECCE0ED-820E-4DCD-AC0A-28B70CBF8472.jpeg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I like the overall look of the TRX. Just think they went overboard with the two-tone colors. Seems like it’s the Dodge brand thing to do.
The only version i could get to build out in one color was Black. Added some bead locks and the launch control and came in at just under $80k. I’d have no issue driving this around. You’d break some hearts in the Fast n Furious crowd.
View attachment 992426
The charcoal example I saw was one color also👍

propcheck

Reaction score
I am still waiting to see one of these amazing 100k factory ”off-road“ trucks take Barstow main at sixty. I will admit they look great at the mall and are fun to drive around town. Now if somebody has some video of a factory truck doing this I will change my opinion until then they are cool nice trucks but not “off-road” supertrucks.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I am still waiting to see one of these amazing 100k factory ”off-road“ trucks take Barstow main at sixty. I will admit they look great at the mall and are fun to drive around town. Now if somebody has some video of a factory truck doing this I will change my opinion until then they are cool nice trucks but not “off-road” supertrucks.
Lol 60mph I would be surprised if they could do 30mph.

let’s face it these trucks are for guys that have allot of money but want to have the badass image.
You could take any new halfton spend 20k in suspension and smoke Raptors and Trex’s with ease.

700hp in a trex off-road is completely useless.

pronstar

Reaction score
IMHO the biggest thing that the Raptor has going for it, is a decade of experience going into three generations of production. Literally hundreds of thousands of trucks in the wild.

This knowledge base means Ford has had time to chase many of the weak links.

The first Gen Raptors were failing in ways the engineers never dreamed possible.

The “hold my beer” crowd has a way of finding weaknesses.

IMHO Ram has a lot of ground to make up in this area.

HitIt

Reaction score
You could take any new halfton spend 20k in suspension and smoke Raptors and Trex’s with ease.
Not everyone wants a truck with 20k of custom suspension work. If we are just talking bang for the buck, then starting with a new halfton is a pretty stupid thing to do. These fill a market niche and Ford has been incredibly successful doing it.

When is the last time that you were in sand and thought, "Gee, I wish I had less power" Not saying these are sand machines, just saying it aint useless all the time.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
I can reveal, the problem Ford Engineering is having out in the desert with the development of the 22' Raptor "R", is keeping the driveline intact.
It was recently shared with me, that one of the biggest obstacles even with the current Eco-boost, was not breaking front axle driveline components when backing up a hill with the front wheels locked to one side or the other.

When when we start considering 700 HP in an environment of sand or boulders, forward or reverse in low range, or high, the torque on the driveline components is huge.
Another matter when price is no obstacle, but we're talking a somewhat affordable production vehicle.
When I pushed for info on the R's V8 engine, regardless of the one I named off to test for reaction, I got nuthin, I mean stone cold, Nuthin, not even a raised eyebrow.
He did mention there's a "Hot" Bronco they've been doing testing on, he's really impressed with, he mentioned the name, but I don't recall it.

It was also shared, that this same R&D team is attempting to purchase two Ram TRXs for evaluation, because they don't believe in the time table the Trex was pushed out in, the proper improvements could have been made to the previous Rebel's underwhelming chassis and drivelines that self-destructed when they had them for comparison evaluation.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Not everyone wants a truck with 20k of custom suspension work. If we are just talking bang for the buck, then starting with a new halfton is a pretty stupid thing to do. These fill a market niche and Ford has been incredibly successful doing it.

When is the last time that you were in sand and thought, "Gee, I wish I had less power" Not saying these are sand machines, just saying it aint useless all the time.

I never said they won’t sell. Lots of guys with money just want to buy something that looks bad ass.
I would like to own either. But I would build something before buying either.
303474FF-6C14-4AA4-84CB-2C03B4A9A798.png

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Lol 60mph I would be surprised if they could do 30mph.

let’s face it these trucks are for guys that have allot of money but want to have the badass image.

And you could take any Raptor or TRX spend 20K in suspension and smoke your "any new half ton +$20k" with ease. And the "any new half ton" wouldn't have the power. And that's what these trucks are really about. That and posing.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
And you could take any Raptor or TRX spend 20K in suspension and smoke your "any new half ton +$20k" with ease. And the "any new half ton" wouldn't have the power. And that's what these trucks are really about. That and posing.
I doubt it. 700hp in the desert is a fuck ton. That’s getting up there with trophy trucks HP wise and you see what they have to build to be able to use the power.

Don’t get me wrong these trucks are cool. But let’s be honest they are built for rough fire roads and mostly to look cool on the street. Where most of them will be used.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
View attachment 992426
$79,910 isnt with the 710 hp engine I dont think.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I was at Moss Dodge last month, they had a Charcoal T Rex in the showroom, with the dealer markups etc it was $130k😧😧
Or, about $5k less than I paid for my house😂😂
My friend is in the sales manager office right now trying to make a deal on this exact truck.

Taboma

Reaction score
they look good but hopefully you're deaf. the v6 sounds terrible.

I agree, I actually preferred the quiet of my previous EB Platinum -- but curious what the new performance, or dynamic, or sport exhaust actually sounds like, claimed have rumble like a V8 ?????? Ask my neighbor R&D guy and he just mentioned the exhaust was a rather elaborate system, which kind of tells me not easily retro-fitted to us earlier years. Odd, my wife's Audi V6 in dynamic mode sounds awesome, but it's supercharged not double turbo'ed .
I think they sound better outside than inside, but I haven't heard great things about de-programming the fake interior sound, seems to sound worse.

DWC

Reaction score
$79,910 isnt with the 710 hp engine I dont think.
It’s not the best truck building app ever. It only shows one power option available. I only change to all black and added launch control. Comes in at a smooth $80,260. Looks like the first version didn’t calc my add ons.
01F49488-D413-4A47-ACF8-AC29D6607B76.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
My friend is in the sales manager office right now trying to make a deal on this exact truck.
Looking forward to hear what kind of deal he walks out with.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

View attachment 992425

That is correct, the TREX wins a drag race.. that is about it. Considering very few of Raptors or Trex will ever touch the dirt, that could be a big one.

pronstar

Reaction score

100% true.

But that tranny will last mere minutes in sand when pushing that power down, unless there’s a tranny cooler the size of the bed along with powerful fans to get rid of the heat.

I think there’s a business opportunity in the making right there...once guys start smoking that tranny, folks will be lining-up for a badass custom tranny cooler [emoji106]

Someone fab it up and I’ll help market the shit out of it [emoji6]

BingerFang

Reaction score
I doubt it. 700hp in the desert is a fuck ton. That’s getting up there with trophy trucks HP wise and you see what they have to build to be able to use the power.

Don’t get me wrong these trucks are cool. But let’s be honest they are built for rough fire roads and mostly to look cool on the street. Where most of them will be used.

100%