WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I think that is right. Sales of trailers are subject to a use tax since the tags are permanent. Unlike a vehicle where you pay the use tax every year.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Little confused on this. My little trailer had a permanent plate. My Outdoors RV trailer I thought had a yearly registration just like an RV. I didn't have it very long though. I hope the fifth wheel is a perm plate.
My travel trailer had registration due every year no permanent plate.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I thought perm tag were just for "trailers"... the uliltity type and boat etc.. flat rate like 120 bucks or something?
5th wheel is an RV and you would not pay sales tax on private sale but you pay yearly reg based 5.6% of the price...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Little confused on this. My little trailer had a permanent plate. My Outdoors RV trailer I thought had a yearly registration just like an RV. I didn't have it very long though. I hope the fifth wheel is a perm plate.

Back when I had mine in AZ (admittedly more than a few years ago) I had a perm plate on it.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I thought perm tag were just for "trailers"... the uliltity type and boat etc.. flat rate like 120 bucks or something?
5th wheel is an RV and you would not pay sales tax on private sale but you pay yearly reg based 5.6% of the price...

as long as sales tax dont apply i am happy. I do know the formula they use on reg is MSRP on the OG year and deductions % wise every year after.