WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ProCharger

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Good friend of mine has had a pro charger on his 502 Mag since 2001.. has over 800 hours on it, and it still hauls ass.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So my dad had a pro charger on his 540 in his Daytona. Ran great for years this was with a built xr drive spinning a lab finished 30. Boat was conservative with the max rpm at 5400 and a top speed of 104 mph.

the pro charger didn’t make boost until 3400 rpm and climbed to 7 psi at 5000. The mid range acceleration on that boat was unreal from 40-90 in just 4-5 seconds.

the problem was top speed as it didn’t make boost down low so we could only spin a 30. If we could have spun a 34 would have gone a lot faster. But we couldn’t plane with a bigger prop.

this was a m3 pro charger With a blue printed wheel and housing.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So i should have a lot more details, in the next coming days. However it’s a done deal my boat will be off to Lenexa Kansas in the coming weeks.

Totally excited, have a couple little things first.

Anyone know who travel wraps boats (the white Saran Wrap type stuff) as well any idea how much to do a 26’ boat?

Anyone have a 30 or 32 Bravo for sale? Also looking for a 28-30 Max 5.
First testing will be with my 26 Max 5 and Bravo 28, but the boat will need more prop. Would be awesome to find but doubt it, one to borrow for two months, as the plan is driving my truck and boat out there, fly home, they’ll have the boat for 3-4 weeks for the fitment etc., then fly back out there run the boat on a small local to them lake then drive home. I figure if i can borrow for 2 months just Incase it takes longer, but would be locked up in the cab of my truck while out there as well to and from.

poncho

Reaction score
Is BBlades still around?...They sent me a prop to try and it cost me about $40.00 3 or 4 years ago.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Is BBlades still around?...They sent me a prop to try and it cost me about $40.00 3 or 4 years ago.

Got a pm with an awesome offer of three different wheels already to play with, definitely going to take him up on one possibly two of them. Be nice to have a baseline when i drop it off and then again when i pick it up.

Boat 405

Reaction score
I just picked up a procharger its an M4 that is going on my 582 that makes 860hp NA and 800 ft lbs right now. I spin a stock bravo 30 pitch 6300 rpm to 109mph currently on my 25 daytona. I'm going to drop the compression with new pistons to 8-8.5 to 1 and put on the procharger. I should be able to make 1100 ish on pump gas and over 1200 with race fuel. I imagine the boat should move pretty good.

Last edited:

Springfield

Reaction score
Not apples to apples Peter as I had a 502 in a 28 Eagle XP, put it on at 300 hours, sold the boat with 666 hours with no problems. It did add about 30 mph on top end with a 28P.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Is there an ideal compression ratio for a pro charger? Any cam timing to be concerned with, or as in @Boat 405 's case, just swap pistons and light it up? We have a NA 540 making 750 hp and would like a few more. Following.....

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Not apples to apples Peter as I had a 502 in a 28 Eagle XP, put it on at 300 hours, sold the boat with 666 hours with no problems. It did add about 30 mph on top end with a 28P.

The poor buyer who bought a boat with those hours. You couldn’t at least click it another digit [emoji51]

Boat 405

Reaction score
Is there an ideal compression ratio for a pro charger? Any cam timing to be concerned with, or as in @Boat 405 's case, just swap pistons and light it up? We have a NA 540 making 750 hp and would like a few more. Following.....
Lots of factors can determine how much compression you need, camshaft, exhaust, intake, cylinder heads. Boost is just a measurement of restriction. Cam/valve timing can play a factor too depending on cylinder fill.

I plan to use the same camshaft i currently have it it, different pistons and ring stack and of course I will need to rebalance the crankshaft for different pistons, other than that not much else will change.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The wait is over...... leaving in the morning to drop her off. Will be fun and will update as they update me and when i get it back.
Top speed i saw was 84.8 mph on gps and 70 gallons of fuel but I’m early March of this year. In the heat of the summer she’d run a solid 75-79 depending on water. Will it hit 100 or best 100+ next season with 800+ hp, we will see soon.

Singleton

Reaction score
The wait is over...... leaving in the morning to drop her off. Will be fun and will update as they update me and when i get it back.
Top speed i saw was 84.8 mph on gps and 70 gallons of fuel but I’m early March of this year. In the heat of the summer she’d run a solid 75-79 depending on water. Will it hit 100 or best 100+ next season with 800+ hp, we will see soon.

who is doing the work

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
KAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOM

LOL!!!! I’m super pumped for this build!

Last edited:

lavey jr

Reaction score
I guess when you bolt two V8’s together then x2 for a combined 8,000hp+ they can make some great low end power

08FECC6E-D6CE-48BB-8F3F-87ACB20E7029.jpeg

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Pro chargers are popular on the road because they’re easy to adapt to any platform….no need for special manifold castings or anything like that…anyone with a drill and a jigsaw can fab up a set of brackets. Also, you can close the stock hood with a procharger.

Boats have limited engine options which brings down the cost of manifolds and intercoolers for whipple type stuff, plus they look cooler, which is important in the baller boater program.

Warlock1

Reaction score
I will say this boat couldn't have went to a better guy. Love all the stuff you are doing to her and I can't wait to see the final results.

Reactions: DWC

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I will say this boat couldn't have went to a better guy. Love all the stuff you are doing to her and I can't wait to see the final results.
Thank you Tracy i truly appreciate that. Oklahoma now, about to call it a day. Yet still 500 miles to go 🥱

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Day one came to close and only 20 hours, one almost catastrophe that added about 4 hours, and 1080 miles later!

About 60 miles west of Albuquerque i pulled over to use the restroom and realized i was missing a cap to one of the hubs, stupid oil bath will be gone as soon as she gets home. So i removed the wheel and cruised slowly into Albuquerque to a Napa. Had met a guy on the river earlier this year we exchanged numbers etc. and i remembered he lived there in Albuquerque so called him up. He met me there at the Napa and helped me get her back together. Best part was the 1000# he had taken off my shoulders while i was still limping into town, when he said if we couldn’t get the parts and get it fixed being a Sunday i was welcome to stick it in his garage till morning. And that’s what i love about the “majority” of boaters is we will always offer that helping hand. Well time for 4 hours sleep then to get her into the hands of ATI/ProCharger, hop a flight home and sleep for a day and a half.
Pic Mike sent me he took as we went our own ways.
5366C263-CBE0-4A99-BD91-085F1B4F7328.jpeg

Long but beautiful drive so far!

222A8554-B534-4524-819C-920029FFEC6C.jpeg

A72457ED-4AFD-4E57-BDD2-DBF361A7850E.jpeg

See you tomorrow Dorothy
436BFBCD-19BB-49F7-86B1-BBA78C55CF75.jpeg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Wow! What a day!!!
Left the hotel at 5:30pt to get 13 miles down the I-40, than sit for 3.5 hours. A series of accidents (3 separate ones caused because of the next) only minutes ahead of me, resulting in a total of 4 fatalities according do a guy with a cb stopped ahead of me. First was a minor accident causing a stand still, than a sports car went under a semi that was stopped, then a pickup coming in behind hitting the sports car. Than a mile back the next and one i saw the outcome a pickup no idea what it was as it was mangled went into another stopped semi. I saw the two bodies covered up with sheets.

I will be 100% honest I’m done with my phone while driving as i am absolutely guilty of exactly what i assume caused the fatalities today.

Back to the journey, went smooth but long..... ended up getting to ATI/ProCharger at 4:20CT so was kinda a rush rush as they all wanted to go home to their families. Walt the head of development answered every question i had, and what he directly didn’t have the reply to he called upon two other guys and explained it all to me. I will say i am 100% confident this was absolutely worth the journey. Grant the Sales manager was caught in a meeting but came out and again made me feel like i was the most important person in town for the day.

Sitting here in the airport awaiting my flight home ready to sleep for a week, but i am super stoked and so excited for the return flight in a month or so. They will update me with photos along the way and i will be sharing them here as i get them.

This new setup will be the perfect addition to the market for all of us with the 525’s looking for a little extra power.
7FEC94F3-4BB0-4A4F-AF44-B839A3AB6F21.jpeg

I’m going to get a good nap on the flight ✌🏽
589E7303-F67C-4A3F-A861-588719FFF951.jpeg

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Peter are they doing their own tuning? Are they doing complete install including strainer, fuel reg, injectors, etc.?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Peter are they doing their own tuning? Are they doing complete install including strainer, fuel reg, injectors, etc.?
My boat already has the strainer etc but yes when i go back out there it’ll be 100 wrapped up tuned tested ready to go.
Tuning will be done by them as well.

The fuel system is a billet surge tank that will be down from the low pressure pump, mounted where the cool fuel is currently, cool fuel is removed completely. In the surge tank will be twin 400gph electric fuel pumps. 78# DW fuel injectors, factory fuel rail.

They already have had boat #1 out for over a year and has a ton of hours on it now. It’s a staggered Fountain (one in photos) and the kit is 100% ready to be distributed via tuning and testing. My boat is more or less being used for fitment on a single engine, 525 set up. So they can be absolutely certain that when Joe Bob orders a kit from CP Marine it will be a complete turn key install in the garage over the weekend kit.

I believe he said 38’ but looks shorter in the photo to me, but went from 82-83mph to the 105-110 range, which seems pretty damned solid to me.
My boat I’ve seen 84, on the VV mobile app, and 83 on the gps speedo, if she hits 100 I’ll be beyond ecstatic.

Attachments

• D3C3A2F8-5041-4E83-A557-FEE55781366A.jpeg
    D3C3A2F8-5041-4E83-A557-FEE55781366A.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 43

DWC

Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing the final results on this. Bad ass boat all the way around.
What drive are you running?

Singleton

Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing the final results on this. Bad ass boat all the way around.

is someone getting upgrade ideas :)

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It’s the one i had built for the Orion. It’s a swept 1x upper with everything that MMW can do to the upper. And then an SC lower with IMCO 1” prop shaft and billet carrier.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Where does the cooling water for the intercooler come from? Is it force fed so it cools at idle also?

traquer

Reaction score
My first 90+ MPH boat ride was in a procharged Essex. Good memories!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Where does the cooling water for the intercooler come from? Is it force fed so it cools at idle also?
Tapped into the outlet for the sea pump, same as any other intercooled marine set up. As long as the engine is turning the seapump is moving water, so yes at idle it’s still moving water throughout the intercooler.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Tapped into the outlet for the sea pump, same as any other intercooled marine set up. As long as the engine is turning the seapump is moving water, so yes at idle it’s still moving water throughout the intercooler.
My intercooler is not tapped in, but runs off a separate stage. That way it does not steal engine cooling water. I asked you about this because a friend of mine blew a head gasket on his ProCharged 500efi because of this “cooling” issue. It didnt ever show a temp issue, but Pro Marine said the middle cylinders were constantly starving for water. Would hate to see you have an issue down the line.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
My intercooler is not tapped in, but runs off a separate stage. That way it does not steal engine cooling water. I asked you about this because a friend of mine blew a head gasket on his ProCharged 500efi because of this “cooling” issue. It didnt ever show a temp issue, but Pro Marine said the middle cylinders were constantly starving for water. Would hate to see you have an issue down the line.
Yeah every supercharged marine engine I’ve ever seen is running either a 2/3-stage water pump or the innercooler is it’s separate force-fed system. I too would be concerned with enough volume to cool both.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So i actually brought that up while there, but then while waiting on my plane was looking at pumps on CP as well Teague and all the dual stage pumps seemed to be single outlet which confused me. Am i looking at that incorrectly, is that actually a single inlet, the photos aren’t very telling. Maybe I’ll call Jim at CP tomorrow when i get home, i actually need to anyway in regard to some other parts.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yeah every supercharged marine engine I’ve ever seen is running either a 2/3-stage water pump or the innercooler is it’s separate force-fed system. I too would be concerned with enough volume to cool both.
Which is how i said it basically to the lead design guy. He then said they just tap in to the existing supply. I’ll definitely talk to Jim at CP as well send him at them as CP is actually one of the biggest distributor of their Marine components, from what i understand.

petie6464

Reaction score
Prochagers have made big advances in the last couple years. Like everything aftermarket marine this will lag behind a good 20 years or more if ever.

With the trend of outboards and the ever shrinking marine big power market you will be lucky to see a one off build with the newer chargers.

The engine bolt together aftermarket that are using turbos are still using parts and technology from the 80's!

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
I had a 01 HTM SS24 with a 565 and M3 Procharger. Ran 132 on GPS with a 32P and 1.24 gears. Boat with a 30p was pretty much untouchable on the midwest rivers and lakes.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So it makes me sad but i also fully understand.
ProCharger asked me not to share anything else until it’s complete as well released. As soon as my boat is completed and all the tests and a certain number of hours etc they will be doing a debut of the kit. Which will be fun in itself.
This thread was started just to get some questions answered as well to be able to pass other’s questions to them before i signed on the dotted line and i do appreciate all the questions as asking them to the guys at ProCharger was a great way to get them answered and make me feel like i truly made the better decision by going along with this plan.

So as soon as it’s completed and i can i will back date and add it all in here but i will say with every communication i get more and more excited. Being fall/winter i wasn’t really caring how long it took specially as that means i have a lot more garage space for activities but after today’s call from them I’m so so antsy to get her back.

Singleton

Reaction score
So it makes me sad but i also fully understand.
ProCharger asked me not to share anything else until it’s complete as well released. As soon as my boat is completed and all the tests and a certain number of hours etc they will be doing a debut of the kit. Which will be fun in itself.
This thread was started just to get some questions answered as well to be able to pass other’s questions to them before i signed on the dotted line and i do appreciate all the questions as asking them to the guys at ProCharger was a great way to get them answered and make me feel like i truly made the better decision by going along with this plan.

So as soon as it’s completed and i can i will back date and add it all in here but i will say with every communication i get more and more excited. Being fall/winter i wasn’t really caring how long it took specially as that means i have a lot more garage space for activities but after today’s call from them I’m so so antsy to get her back.

give them all the time needed
the tow back will suck with the weather you will end up going through

Bobby_329

Reaction score
I like pro chargers I just helped my father-in-law put one on his ls sand rail last year, made a big difference . But I never really liked the look of the marine box intercooler. Too bad no one makes anything like this one for big blocks. Or even the Holley hi ram intake there’s a bunch of different intercoolers that fit right in that.

Attachments

• 24FC09F6-F842-4B70-B84C-4B10B5B2DE75.jpeg
    24FC09F6-F842-4B70-B84C-4B10B5B2DE75.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 54

RaceTec

Reaction score
I like pro chargers I just helped my father-in-law put one on his ls sand rail last year, made a big difference . But I never really liked the look of the marine box intercooler. Too bad no one makes anything like this one for big blocks. Or even the Holley hi ram intake there’s a bunch of different intercoolers that fit right in that.
They do make them they are just BIG $$$$$ custom made units... https://shearerfabrications.com/ https://www.hogansracingmanifolds.com/