WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Product Spotlight - new removable Speaker Pods - Ron’s

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
New Product Spot Light from Rons In Your Ear Audio in Lake Havasu!

While putting speakers on the gunnels of boats has been around for awhile, Ron’s has upped the game with their new receptacle! When the speakers are removed they pads are wireless! Connection is done internally in the receptacle! Swivels 360 degrees while maintaining a connection, with detente to lock it into whatever angle you choose! Extremely strong and clean design. All parts are hard anodized to prevent corrosion! Custom anodize colors are available upon request.

Retail is 640.00 per set!

First class setup and is the best thing going BY FAR for removable speakers on a gunnel or other mounting location.

Dealer inquiries welcome!
Ron’s in Your Ear Audio 928-680-6570
Tell em RD sent ya!

666043F4-DCBB-4672-A4DB-0840986CACC6.jpeg
8E362B81-9F88-450F-BC76-B5B0FF927CFE.jpeg
C706F53C-2CAB-4C77-A80F-BD1768709C9F.jpeg
91A06678-D293-4B2D-BA3D-64CF82EFA5B5.jpeg
03B093E1-2CDB-4588-9F09-5C4C69C964C7.jpeg
888DBBAD-0755-45B5-836A-888DA270E30D.jpeg
D9A3CCDB-420E-414F-9A71-13BDCCC8481C.jpeg
2E42B897-7C9E-43C5-B6E3-CD03B8B62050.jpeg
45E5F791-EAC6-4AEA-BD6C-5A7BF3517918.jpeg
26C0C7E2-9E88-4EC6-8AFF-6E7F7B534E5E.jpeg

PlanB

Reaction score
A friend has these on his boat and they sound really good. He keeps the pod's in helmet bag's when driving the boat around. Easy on and off.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Pretty cool....before I holy shit this.....stupid question....mounts and pods only? Speakers included?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had that setup on my Bennington 10-12 years ago by Frank at Car Toyz in LHC. Lol

did not use bluetooth though.

no ya didn’t.. you had speakers on top, but it’s nothing like this.

FYI Adam was the first guy to put the speakers up on top and he was basically using stern light setups 20+ years ago.. these are way more advanced than that and much stronger / easier to use

Reactions: DLC

Singleton

Reaction score
Any cap when speakers are out.
Only shadow I see is water getting into mount when speakers are not installed

DWC

Reaction score
I really like the idea. The $640 is expensive but much more affordable than Wet Sounds product.

Reactions: DLC

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Pretty cool....before I holy shit this.....stupid question....mounts and pods only? Speakers included?

I had the same question. I’m guessing $640 is just for the mounts. Plus $1000 for the speaker and pods plus install.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That’s for the mounts, and connectors. They have options on which pods go on the mounts I’m not sure what the costs are on those.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
yes I did. Only thing missing was “bling” mounts. Mine were white and I could rotate directionally and also unplug and remove when in a parking lot or whatever. Did not have any bluetooth.

so what is it I didnt have besides what I just told you?

The connection in the base, the detents to stop at various angles, wireless pods (no wires when pods are removed) the strength of the mount so it doesn’t get destroyed when some drunk chick grabs it.

As I said the speaker pods and being up top has been around for decades.. This is a new product and is a much nicer, stronger and cleaner setup than the old way of doing it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
over priced IMO

cool if you want bling and the newest IPhone I guess

i could adjust mine easily for any angle by the way. Whenever I wanted.

Nice things aren’t cheap. This is the best system on the market right now for this application. It isn’t going to compete on price to sticking speakers on a stern light base..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wouldnt even be going this route but when ya come out that strong telling me I am wrong. Ahhhh…no

well you are wrong. You said you had the same thing. It is a similar result of speakers up top, but it isn’t the same thing.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Mounts only cheapazz.

The pods for them are another $600-$800 depending on what size, and then another couple hundred to wrap the pods to match your bote.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
over priced IMO

cool if you want bling and the newest IPhone I guess

i could adjust mine easily for any angle by the way. Whenever I wanted.

These stupid things are actually worth it after seeing them in action. The ability to point them them you want the music is money. You don’t have to crank the volume up in the boat which saves battery life and makes you not go deaf when you have to get back in the boat, and the fact that they just pull out with no tools if/when you need to remove them seal the deal.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I had the same question. I’m guessing $640 is just for the mounts. Plus $1000 for the speaker and pods plus install.

Then you might want them on their own amp and get a head unit with zone control. 😂

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Mounts only cheapazz.

The pods for them are another $600-$800 depending on what size, and then another couple hundred to wrap the pods to match your bote.
Lol....I'll stay a cheapazz instead of being a broke azz...trick or not, that's a lot of money for a couple pieces of aluminum or stainless, whatever they are. Now if they came with a stripper pole attachment, I might consider it. 😂😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
i could do that in 10 seconds as well.

I get that. With those of us with what I’d call non roll bar or assembly line boats, we have fewer options. I’ve seen it done a few ways, but none this clean. If you have a custom type boat, it is a cool mounting solution. These JL pods sound awesome

For people that preach about buying American, and local.. here you go :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lol....I'll stay a cheapazz instead of being a broke azz...trick or not, that's a lot of money for a couple pieces of aluminum or stainless, whatever they are. Now if they came with a stripper pole attachment, I might consider it. 😂😂

Since they are Kustom, I’m sure Ron could
make an optional “tall pole mount” option for you.

Reactions: DWC

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Lol what would be awesome is if the speakers were rechargeable/wireless Bluetooth and you can walk up and down 3 dunes or the channel and blast these things right in peoples ears. Just like the water cannons 🤣

Edit: I’m signing up for a patent right now. Lol I will call them the douche blasters.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
the wires were run hidden and up to a QD at the base. No wires exposed

edit…No extra bars or anything like that. It was very clean
So when you turned the speakers it would twist and or wrap the wires up then. Either inside the pole or outside (I don't know where the spin occurred on your set-up).

This set-up eliminates the twisting of the wires and completely eliminates them being exposed. That's what Dave means by you did not have this set-up. Same concept and does most all of the same things, just slightly different and better.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Rbcconst

Reaction score
The connection in the base, the detents to stop at various angles, wireless pods (no wires when pods are removed) the strength of the mount so it doesn’t get destroyed when some drunk chick grabs it.

As I said the speaker pods and being up top has been around for decades.. This is a new product and is a much nicer, stronger and cleaner setup than the old way of doing it.

I have a set of these but an earlier version from Rons. But mine have an external plug in.

Question: on there new one is there a way to lock them in 1 position then change when desired? The version I have can’t be locked so when you are moving down the water they rotate on there own, easy to position when you stop but sure would be nice to lock in the forward position when underway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MagicMan

Reaction score
$640? RD you didnt negotiate an RDP discount for us?

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
well you are wrong. You said you had the same thing. It is a similar result of speakers up top, but it isn’t the same thing.
Hey its Dave's site, he has to be right he is the authority of all boat products. Lol

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I have a set of these but an earlier version from Rons. But mine have an external plug in.

Question: on there new one is there a way to lock them in 1 position then change when desired? The version I have can’t be locked so when you are moving down the water they rotate on there own, easy to position when you stop but sure would be nice to lock in the forward position when underway.

Yes they have detents in the assembly so it takes a little pressure to rotate them. Mine don’t move when driving

Singleton

Reaction score
I will admit, I like the mount since it is flush.
Mine are hard wired and the base plate sticks up 2 inches when speakers are out. Need someone to 3D print a cover for mine (Wife hit one of the mounts when speakers were off the boat and got a huge bruise).
EB182098-9C36-4AE5-B923-BB0DA67B353C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rotten deal

Reaction score
So these only work with Jl audio ? Or can they be used with wet sounds? I want 4 wetsounds rev 10s mounted on pontoon.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They have detents, but I’m not sure they would hold while underway.. I would approach it differently if you wanted them to lock

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I will admit, I like the mount since it is flush.
Mine are hard wired and the base plate sticks up 2 inches when speakers are out. Need someone to 3D print a cover for mine (Wife hit one of the mounts when speakers were off the boat and got a huge bruise). View attachment 1030659

What’s with the blue tape?

Singleton

Reaction score
gotcha.. I thought it was painters tape down on the front of the grills.

it was. The tape aligned with the gel design on the gunwale. so the color on the speakers follow the same flow. When looking straight down on top of speaker, perfect match

hallett21

Reaction score
$1000 prop to make your boat go 4 mph faster with a buddy twice a year? Hell ya brother!

$1000 badass mounts and speakers that the whole crew will enjoy at every stop. Nah fuck that.

I like them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk