WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Production Boat Prices

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
If you thought custom boats were sky high, this 29’ production bow rider that won’t break 60MPH is pushing $350K.

I know for a fact for $100K less I could build a new 35’ Shockwave with twin 565s that would break 80.

In 2001 my parents bought a brand new Crownline DB for like $45K at the LA Boat show. It would just touch 52MPH and we enjoyed it for many years. Is this purely just demand driving price or cost of materials and labor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodtime$

Reaction score
A buddy of mine owns a few wake boat dealers in the NW. He explained to me that the high end boats $130k and up sell before they are on the floor. The value brands like moomba sub $90k can take up to 6 months to sell.

The high end consumer is driving the market up.

Cost of materials and covid crap obviously is the second step in pricing skyward.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
If you thought custom boats were sky high, this 29’ production bow rider that won’t break 60MPH is pushing $350K.

I know for a fact for $100K less I could build a new 35’ Shockwave with twin 565s that would break 80.

In 2001 my parents bought a brand new Crownline DB for like $45K at the LA Boat show. It would just touch 52MPH and we enjoyed it for many years. Is this purely just demand driving price or cost of materials and labor?

Come on. A 35’ shockwave with twin 565’s for 250k? Comparing that to our 25’ boat with a single 565 being built and I just can’t comprehend that... Sure, we aren’t building a shockwave, but still....

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Here in the NW Malibu is a HUGE brand. Well, Malibu's are built in TN where the HUGE ice storm just went through. Not only did it halt production for an extended time, there were many boats that have been destroyed from freezing. My dealer is already telling me good luck on getting a new boat this year unless you want to pay full retail plus....

Our current Malibu has some pretty serious issues, and was shipped from here in OR to TN about a month ago. It is not winterized, and is currently shrink wrapped and sitting outside at the Malibu plant...... My bet is that Malibu just bought themselves a new boat.... :mad:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Speed isn't the only measure people judge boats by. Our "kustom" boats are archaic by comparison to a new assembly line bote.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Come on. A 35’ shockwave with twin 565’s for 250k? Comparing that to our 25’ boat with a single 565 being built and I just can’t comprehend that... Sure, we aren’t building a shockwave, but still....
Sorry I misspoke, Greg Herron quoted me $224,000 with 565s on an Extreme triple axle trailer. I can forward you the email if you like.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
My dealer in Marblehead mass told me that Tidewater CC orders are sold out for 2021 and they won’t be able to deliver any units until 2022, so please plan accordingly.

Yamaha and Suzuki have zero 300hp stock outboards. Crazy times. Hold on

JB in so cal

Reaction score
My dealer in Marblehead mass told me that Tidewater CC orders are sold out for 2021 and they won’t be able to deliver any units until 2022, so please plan accordingly.

Yamaha and Suzuki have zero 300hp stock outboards. Crazy times. Hold on
I can attest to this.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Sorry I misspoke, Greg Herron quoted me $224,000 with 565s on an Extreme triple axle trailer. I can forward you the email if you like.

Wow.. 🤯

I guess it’s always those options that get ya.. Twin 565’s though. That’s impressive.

farmo83

Reaction score
Here in the NW Malibu is a HUGE brand. Well, Malibu's are built in TN where the HUGE ice storm just went through. Not only did it halt production for an extended time, there were many boats that have been destroyed from freezing. My dealer is already telling me good luck on getting a new boat this year unless you want to pay full retail plus....

Our current Malibu has some pretty serious issues, and was shipped from here in OR to TN about a month ago. It is not winterized, and is currently shrink wrapped and sitting outside at the Malibu plant...... My bet is that Malibu just bought themselves a new boat.... :mad:

My cousin is the supervisor of the gel coat department for Malibu. He told me at Xmas they are running 24 boats a day.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
My cousin is the supervisor of the gel coat department for Malibu. He told me at Xmas they are running 24 boats a day.

Tell him when the Red/Blk 2019 from Oregon GETS CUT IN FUCKING HALF to fix their fuck ups, to please take care in putting it back together.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Yup, I just got told by a manufacturer that I can’t get a 2021 and expect to pay the price increase for the 2022.

This next one gonna be like having a baby (9 more months).

Actually, we think we could have it by July. But I’m not in a hurry.

RodnJen

Reaction score

Point well taken but that is an apples to oranges comparison. It all depends on how you boat.

X-rated

Reaction score
You did see the "boat show pricing" on the Formula was $256 right?

boatnam2

Reaction score
New rv's will be up 7-9% this year, Im sure boats will follow.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
You did see the "boat show pricing" on the Formula was $256 right?
I did see that. MSRPs are a joke because they can say they cost whatever they want so when you get the real price you feel like you got a deal. That's still a $150K boat max about 3 years ago.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Formulas are extremely popular and tend to have very nice finishes inside. Formulas, Cobalts, and Searays are my bread and butter in this neck of the woods. Go fast west coast boats aren't all that popular and most boaters here just want a quality turnkey boat with a bunch of amenities. This boat could manage 60 without needing a blue motor in it.

People out here are shopping payments and that will likely live in a marina. Most owners of boats like this will trade it out for the new model in 3-5 years. Formula owners are very loyal just like Nautique and Mastercraft owners and will continue buying new ones again and again.

DLC

Reaction score
That’s a bargain!

A Tri toon with twins is well over $200, now days! Lean into it and LUBE up!

Have you looked at real estate prices...... going to need a 5 gallon buck of lube for that purchase!

with Covid shut downs everyone should be sitting on a ton, ok maybe 2-3 wheel barrows of cash these days....

unfortunately, my 2 WB‘s had dirt in them before Covid started......

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
When the gubment prints money non stop cuz covid...it flows to risk assets. Real Estate and Stock. 0 rates. We have already seen this in 07...these prices for homes, stock, toys, etc. are much worse this time. I think I know what comes next.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
That seems like a great deal! I wonder what the upgrade to 600s would be?