WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Profitting from Corona virus

Spudsbud

Reaction score
These end of the world Preppper supply company's are making bank. Storable food supplies etc....
Selling out!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Endless stream of businesses that take advantage of peoples fears and/or emotions. Nothing new, not even the ones that buy into it.
Should we be cautious with this virus? Hell yeah. Should we run around screaming and waving our arms in the air? Hell no.

rivergames

Reaction score
I do agree that families should have a survival kit. Especially when the BIG earthquake hits. It's not if, it's when. First thing that will happen is people raiding markets to survive.

I'm solo so I'll just fry up my cat. Probably will taste the same as all the other Chinese cat I've eaten. 😁

HCP3

Reaction score
People are hording dust masks. Hardware stores can't keep them in stock and are price gouging.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Endless stream of businesses that take advantage of peoples fears and/or emotions. Nothing new, not even the ones that buy into it.
Should we be cautious with this virus? Hell yeah. Should we run around screaming and waving our arms in the air? Hell no.

Obviously you don’t live in Costa Mesa.. lol

Spudsbud

Reaction score
People are hording dust masks. Hardware stores can't keep them in stock and are price gouging.
My kid works for a Global Medical Equipment supply company. Very large. I asked him today and he checked.
Over 1.5 million masks on their shelves. Orders are same as always...... They ship worldwide. No big demand or rush.
Democrats at work again trying to start a panic........
Probably brainstorming now trying to figure out a way to blame Trump!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

With three kids, I'm borderline prepper. If I were solo, no worries. Different thought process with kids at home. We could lockdown for a month or two...then stuff would get real. We were only set for half that in Cali...and that was also having a stocked toyhauler.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
My kid works for a Global Medical Equipment supply company. Very large. I asked him today and he checked.
Over 1.5 million masks on their shelves. Orders are same as always...... They ship worldwide. No big demand or rush.
Democrats at work again trying to start a panic........
Probably brainstorming now trying to figure out a way to blame Trump!

I amazon them for work... a month ago, medical masks were prime next day. Last week, no one had any available. Orders were 2 weeks out.

2Driver

Reaction score
HAHA The biggest one is the government.

This morning CDC put out the scare news to expect the Virus to get worse and land in the US and to get prepared. Hours later they asked for $2.5 Billion dollars to fight it. Last heard Chuck Schummer was asking for $3 plus billion instead.

Never pass up a crisis. 🖕

2Driver

Reaction score
I amazon them for work... a month ago, medical masks were prime next day. Last week, no one had any available. Orders were 2 weeks out.

Plenty of N95 masks at my Lowes.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Obviously you don’t live in Costa Mesa.. lol
I was referring to the world is ending prepper capitalists...lol
My daughters school in Korea has closed for a minimum of 2 weeks due to an outbreak from some cult-like church congregation not so far from her location. She still has to go to work but there won't be any kids. Kinda sad because there was only a week left in the school year, none of the teachers will have a proper farewell to their graduating classes.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
We have masks and loaded up on water. I'm hoping to profit. Damn near 2k drop in the Dow over the last 2 days. My broker is gonna get a wire soon.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I was referring to the world is ending prepper capitalists...lol
My daughters school in Korea has closed for a minimum of 2 weeks due to an outbreak from some cult-like church congregation not so far from her location. She still has to go to work but there won't be any kids. Kinda sad because there was only a week left in the school year, none of the teachers will have a proper farewell to their graduating classes.

Wow Ziggy that is close to home for you. Best to you and the family to keep from coming Dow with the sickness. Too bad on graduating kids. That was one of the things that I enjoyed in my early years of school.

Saw a story on the church this morning on some news channel. The news person noted that the church kind of takes attendance of the members and they frowned on people not coming to services because of illness.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Airborne virus
You have respiratory issues already, you could be in trouble.
No respiratory issues and you survive influenza, you’ll survive this
Gotta love no one addresses the fact China has one of the highest ratios of smokers and highest level of soot in their cities. They have weakened respiratory systems, guess what happens when they get hit with a respiratory virus? Duh

Europe? Damn well 1/4 of Italy and 60% of French smoke regularly, guess what happens when they get exposed?
Common Sense , use normal precautions

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Diesel will go down about 30 cents a gallon next month, we're all in this together.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm not too worried yet. Have seven confirmed cases here. I stock up on can goods and water in winter just in case. More because we have had winter storms with power outages, etc...….. when its snowing I like staying home.