WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Project Edge Stealth Jet

HAP

Reaction score
The drive line covers look cool. I would want to add some sort of screen or something to give me a little better feel of safety form something falling in there (glasses, keys, cell phone...) Nice machine work.

R,
HAP

Fonz69

Reaction score
The drive line covers look cool. I would want to add some sort of screen or something to give me a little better feel of safety form something falling in there (glasses, keys, cell phone...) Nice machine work.

R,
HAP
If this was a river/sandbar type deal that makes sense however this is a 99% race boat so shouldn’t ever be things like that back there. Most guys run a billet flex plate cover and only a driveline loop near the pump intake brace and the driveshaft is completely exposed. I thought about that but also was worried about if I lost a U Joint and how the parts would fly around back there. Leaving this in place also helps with the U Joint grease mess to stay off the hull 😎

Last edited:

HAP

Reaction score
U joint inspection and greasing, big advantage with your MOD for sure.

R,
HAP

HST4ME

Reaction score
If this was a river/sandbar type deal that makes sense however this is a 99% race boat so shouldn’t ever be things like that back there. Most guys run a billet flex plate cover and only a driveline loop near the pump intake brace and the driveshaft is completely exposed. I thought about that but also was worried about if I lost a U Joint and how the parts would fly around back there. Leaving this in place also helps with the U Joint grease mess to stay off the hull 😎
You guys have a race schedule for this season yet?

Fonz69

Reaction score
You guys have a race schedule for this season yet?
This what they know so far for UMPBA races.
And I think the Three Lakes Radar run is June 22nd

IMG_3150.jpeg

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
great thread full of excellent info. thanks for sharing!

Fonz69

Reaction score
great thread full of excellent info. thanks for sharing!
I followed the forums on Hot Boat back in the day and tried to learn as much as I could from reading all the posts. Hopefully my thread inspires or helps others in the pursuit of their boat dreams too!

Maybe when Sidechick heads back over to the west coast for another race you can make a detour and stop up to Three Lakes WI on June 22nd for the Radar Run! 😎

Fonz69

Reaction score
Had the flexplate cover welded up where it cracked and came up with a quick loop to attach the driveline cover to. My thought is it was acting like a lever bouncing around and causing the flexplate cover to crack at the lower corners. I drilled and tapped a 1/4-20 arp bolt from the driveline cover to the intake brace so hopefully it will stay put now!
IMG_3577.jpeg

IMG_3592.jpeg

Used an old BBC front motor plate to make the part. No fancy cnc here just allot of hand shaping and some hole drilling on the mill.
IMG_3594.jpeg

Single bolt with blue loctite.
IMG_3593.jpeg

End result.
IMG_3598.jpeg

IMG_3597.jpeg

Fonz69

Reaction score
So Furo headers sponsored my race program this season with an awesome set of custom laid back stainless 2 1/2” zoomies. Can’t wait until after the dyno session and I can make some passes to test them out!
IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3599.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

Harold has done a long list of custom headers for the “Street Outlaws” show and can be found at www.Furoracing.com and @furoheaders
I am fortunate that he lives nearby and was willing to work with me on my program, look him up!

HST4ME

Reaction score
Hoping I can make it over for one of those race dates.