WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Project Old Yeller (1969 Chevy C-10)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Thats a nice looking square body...

Only thing it really needs is to dump the rear exhaust after the axel and change out the mirrors.

Its probably a little too nice for a driver but it will be fun for us to hot rod it around and tinker with it.:skull;)

Ya I'll probably move the tips for sure. Rear exiting tips on a white truck don't work very well. Other than that I probably won't change much on the exterior. The mirrors are brand new as is most everything on the truck so I don't plan on doing much. It'll be fine as a work truck. I'll just have to wash it a little more often than I do the Ford. Also might have to park a little farther away to avoid the door dings. I just put a deposit in the mail for it. Still gotta figure out how to get it home. He might drive it down here and fly home or I might fly up there and get it. Either way I can't do it till after that whipper snapper shows up.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Thread jack time. Heres a pic of the front end.

Attachments

• ht headers 012.jpg
    ht headers 012.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 232

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Ya I'll probably move the tips for sure. Rear exiting tips on a white truck don't work very well. Other than that I probably won't change much on the exterior. The mirrors are brand new as is most everything on the truck so I don't plan on doing much. It'll be fine as a work truck. I'll just have to wash it a little more often than I do the Ford. Also might have to park a little farther away to avoid the door dings. I just put a deposit in the mail for it. Still gotta figure out how to get it home. He might drive it down here and fly home or I might fly up there and get it. Either way I can't do it till after that whipper snapper shows up.

The tips bug me way more than the mirrors.....

Hows the interior?

Any motor upgrades?

Where is the truck?

Quit holding out email me the pics:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
The tips bug me way more than the mirrors.....

Hows the interior?

Any motor upgrades?

Where is the truck?

Quit holding out email me the pics:D

All new interior (dark gray). Bone stock 350 tbi. Fresh 700R4 with the corvette shit in it. I think he says its a Lexus pearl white paint. Hes says its lowered right, so who knows what its lowered with. You can see the huge sway bar under the front on the last picture. Trucks in Sacramento. I just put a deposit in the mail and hes gonna hang onto to it till we have the baby. Either hes gonna drive it down here or I'll fly up there and get it. Probably do it in the next couple weeks. By the way, know anyone thats wants a beater Ford ranger for real cheap?:skull

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
All new interior (dark gray). Bone stock 350 tbi. Fresh 700R4 with the corvette shit in it. I think he says its a Lexus pearl white paint. Hes says its lowered right, so who knows what its lowered with. You can see the huge sway bar under the front on the last picture. Trucks in Sacramento. I just put a deposit in the mail and hes gonna hang onto to it till we have the baby. Either hes gonna drive it down here or I'll fly up there and get it. Probably do it in the next couple weeks. By the way, know anyone thats wants a beater Ford ranger for real cheap?:skull

cool....

You should try and plan it so you fly up on the 2nd of october. There is a big older truck party at my buddie renes in no cal(atwater).

They do this every year and it should be a blast. (bbq,beer and magazine coverage)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=416024

If my truck is dialed and I can find a sitter for saturday night were gonna bomb up that morning and kick it/grab a hotel and come home sunday mid morn.

69GS

Reaction score
I'll send ya some pics in the next day or so. I don't hang on any of the 67-72 boards. I also have a 69 Buick GS350 so I pretty much lurk on V8Buick and drool over schiada's and flats on RD's.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
cool....

You should try and plan it so you fly up on the 2nd of october. There is a big older truck party at my buddie renes in no cal(atwater).

They do this every year and it should be a blast. (bbq,beer and magazine coverage)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=416024

If my truck is dialed and I can find a sitter for saturday night were gonna bomb up that morning and kick it/grab a hotel and come home sunday mid morn.

Ya I'm sure that'll go well. Honey I'm flying up to pick up my new truck. By the way I'm gonna hang around for a couple days and go to a truck get together and have a bunch of fun while you stay home with our new born. :skull

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Ya I'm sure that'll go well. Honey I'm flying up to pick up my new truck. By the way I'm gonna hang around for a couple days and go to a truck get together and have a bunch of fun while you stay home with our new born. :skull

Its not a couple days...lol

Fly up saturday am and tell her its a long drive so your gonna get a hotel half way home. It just so happens that jen and I are staying in the same hotel and there is a suoper fun party .5 miles away...:D:skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Its not a couple days...lol

Fly up saturday am and tell her its a long drive so your gonna get a hotel half way home. It just so happens that jen and I are staying in the same hotel and there is a suoper fun party .5 miles away...:D:skull

LOL!!!!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score

I think you should donate your Ranger to Christian. :champagne::champagne::D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Trucks looking bad ass Brandin :thumbsup:thumbsup

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Truck is looking good. Will look awesome with the new wheels and tires on it.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
$1000 come and get it. I just put more than that into it. It needs work but totally drivable.

Dave........PM me some more details man. I may be interested. Shit, I need a hoopty to drive to work too. Would it handle my commute?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
OK....its a wrap

Factory break line from the MC let go while bleeding and gushed a ton of fluid. Thankfully when I replaced someother peices that part came in the kit.

Went and saw Scott at DV8 Motorsports (Thanks for the hook up Phil) and he hooked me up with some Toyo Proxes tires.

Attachments

• brandin10 302.jpg
    brandin10 302.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 20,556
  • brandin10 303.jpg
    brandin10 303.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 20,808
  • brandin10 304.jpg
    brandin10 304.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5,917

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I have busted my ass and spent countless hours to get to this point.

The wheel size/back spacing and tire size looks perfect. I am really happy with the drop as well. Its looow but no where near undrivable. It actually handles really well and rides better due to parts that are actually working. (old shocks were blown)

The brakes work good and the peddle effort for the brakes is nice and I am happy I upgraded to the power booster.

Attachments

• brandin10 304.jpg
    brandin10 304.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 469
  • brandin10 306.jpg
    brandin10 306.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,241

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Came out really nice Trickle :thumbsup

No rubs?

I'm thinking maybe a real light tint? maybe not. It looks good.

Thanks...

No rub at all.....I could probably go another 1" all around w/o issues. Thats the nice thing about ordering wheels with custom offsets.

I stripped the old tint......Honestly I kind of like it w/o:cool:

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Fock that shit came out tits man!!! Perfect stance. Looks like a totally different truck. You strippin the moulding or keeping it stocky? Both ways has its good looks. Makes me wanna sell the boat and pick up a truck. :D:thumbsup

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Fock that shit came out tits man!!! Perfect stance. Looks like a totally different truck. You strippin the moulding or keeping it stocky? Both ways has its good looks. Makes me wanna sell the boat and pick up a truck. :D:thumbsup

thanks....truck will hold a bunch more crap in the garage and you can roll with diddy and I.

Whats fnny is a couple days ago I would have told you the molding was coming off when/if it gets painted. now I'm not so sure it kid of all works.

I want a blend of new/old

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Come get the Ranger this weekend, throw a mexican blanket on the seat, and slap a Earl Scheibe paint job on it and you'll be rollin. :thumbsup:skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
thanks....truck will hold a bunch more crap in the garage and you can roll with diddy and I.

Whats fnny is a couple days ago I would have told you the molding was coming off when/if it gets painted. now I'm not so sure it kid of all works.

I want a blend of new/old

Keep the molding. I think it looks good with it. And don't be hatin on my 16's. :D

I can't wait to go get the new work beater. :skull

Attachments

• b-boat 009.jpg
    b-boat 009.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 229

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
The truck is coming out sick Brandin, love it. Congrats. Makes me miss my 72' !

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The truck is coming out sick Brandin, love it. Congrats. Makes me miss my 72' !

Thanks....I'm really happy with it thus far.

Sell the boat and rhino and get back in the game. Its alot easier to back a truck out of a garage to enjoy it vs. driving to the dessert or lake...haha:skull

?I don't think I will loose any $$$ on this toy;)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Thanks....I'm really happy with it thus far.

Sell the boat and rhino and get back in the game. Its alot easier to back a truck out of a garage to enjoy it vs. driving to the dessert or lake...haha:skull

?I don't think I will loose any $$$ on this toy;)

I bet you thought the same thing about your Rhino when you got it. :rolleyes::skull

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I bet you thought the same thing about your Rhino when you got it. :rolleyes::skull

I got a good deal on my rhino and all the parts.....

Granted I lost a bunch but no where near most of the sxs owners on this planet..lol

I lost way way way more on my house and boat;):D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I tried to register on that site and it kicked me out stating my email was banned. I have no clue why. I sent a message to administration over there but it got me no where.

what email?

I will see what I can do...;)

69GS

Reaction score
A few picsof my 72 and 69.I wanted to go bigger on the tires and wheels on the 72 but the price was right on the 15's,anyway yellers wheels are awesome.Gonna sell one of the two but haven't decided which one yet.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
A few picsof my 72 and 69.I wanted to go bigger on the tires and wheels on the 72 but the price was right on the 15's,anyway yellers wheels are awesome.Gonna sell one of the two but haven't decided which one yet.

Nice toys......

Be tough to decide. I'm partial to the 67-72 shortys but that 69 is bad ass.:bowdown::cool:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What do I got to do to get my truck on that dyno? I probably really don't want to know how much power it makes though. :rolleyes:

Probably need to become major stock holder in the company...lol

I will see what I can do but rich is really really hard to nail down these days

A 1970 stock carberated 350 would be lucky to make 200 to the wheels.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Probably need to become major stock holder in the company...lol

I will see what I can do but rich is really really hard to nail down these days

A 1970 stock carberated 350 would be lucky to make 200 to the wheels.

Hey its a 1987 TBI 350. I bet its make more like 205 to the wheels. :skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I just did a quick search. It says 210hp and 300tq. So that probably equates to about 175 at the wheels. LOL!!!!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I just did a quick search. It says 210hp and 300tq. So that probably equates to about 175 at the wheels. LOL!!!!

lol...not to mention thats when it was fresh;)

Your rhino might make more after the tune;)

I'm probably making a tad more power but you might get me with that auto tranny....haha

Either way it would be an incredibly boring race;):D

What times the flight?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
lol...not to mention thats when it was fresh;)

Your rhino might make more after the tune;)

I'm probably making a tad more power but you might get me with that auto tranny....haha

Either way it would be an incredibly boring race;):D

What times the flight?

Flight leaves LAX at 8:40am.
And yes, a very boring race. LOL!!!
Am I sick in the head if I'm already looking for a new crate motor for this thing? :rolleyes:
ATK sells a 300 hp crate motor for around $2,500. Maybe Notalent can hook me up. :skull

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Flight leaves LAX at 8:40am.
And yes, a very boring race. LOL!!!
Am I sick in the head if I'm already looking for a new crate motor for this thing? :rolleyes:
ATK sells a 300 hp crate motor for around $2,500. Maybe Notalent can hook me up. :skull

300 wont be enough to make it exciting.....

Shoot for 400hp with smog legal manifolds so it will pass the visual....383 or bigger

Than a 2500 stall for the 700 and you have a daily driveable truck that will run low 13's...haha:champagne::bowdown:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
300 wont be enough to make it exciting.....

Shoot for 400hp with smog legal manifolds so it will pass the visual....383 or bigger

Than a 2500 stall for the 700 and you have a daily driveable truck that will run low 13's...haha:champagne::bowdown:

And it will probably cost me $200/week in gas.