WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Project StressEliminator Restomod-23 Daytona

wettek

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if I have missed something in this thread, is this the second 450R you have had on her? What is the difference between the old one and this one?

lenmann

Reaction score
Awesome to see it back on the water, congrats.

Looked like a nice day and no ice!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Happy New Year! Boat looks good on the water, and when it warms up, it should turn some heads out this way.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Great to see that you found time to get on the water. Boat looks amazing in the south. I hope that the move brought you everything that you were hoping for.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if I have missed something in this thread, is this the second 450R you have had on her? What is the difference between the old one and this one?
I know he had a 400R then went to the 450R, and then he went and had it painted to flow with the boat as it is now.

hallett21

Reaction score
Very cool thread! Congrats on being back on the water.

wettek

Reaction score
I know he had a 400R then went to the 450R, and then he went and had it painted to flow with the boat as it is now.
That's what I thought, but back in October 2021, (post 961) there was photos of a new 450 fitted, all painted to match the boat, then October 2022, (post 1004) there's photos of a brand new 450 in a crate with HydroSkreamin talking about getting it smurfed out

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion here.

I used to work at Mercury Racing in the Engineering department. I've never officially disclosed that on this site or in this thread because I didn't want my position there to cloud this project. Other than power provider, Project StressEliminator had nothing to do with Mercury Racing other than I was graciously allowed to use the machine shop and welding equipment. Brunswick/Mercury/Mercury Racing have very strict rules about employee online involvement, and I played by the rules.

So, when I left Mercury Racing, I tried to buy the unit that was on the boat, but it was a preproduction prototype that could not be sold. I was allowed to keep my custom painted cowls, and I ordered a new 450R before I left the company.

I then went to Performance Powerboats in Osage Beach, MO, and was Chief Operating Officer for 18 months, getting molds designed and built, factories found, set up and moved into, and production started. I'm proud of my involvement with getting the P360 and P420 models into production.

I am now pleased to be at DCB Performance Marine filling the position of VP of Manufacturing. Lots of exciting things happening with DCB 3.0, and I'm proud to be part of them. Our new 42 OB cat is my focus, as well as acquiring talent to continue to build our team larger and stronger so we can up our production numbers.

So, now that I've told you what's been going on for the past few years, you can understand why this project took as long as it did, and why I strive for excellence even on an old hunk o' junk like mine. All the times I was traveling during the project were work trips for development, races, or to visit boat companies to address an issue or roll out new product. It was really tough not sharing pictures of all of the places I got to travel to for work, but there's a reason I lasted 27 years (over half of my life at the time) with multiple positions working for one parent company. I had a blast working with a bunch of different engineering teams over the years, developing early stages of a lot of product, some that never went to the public, and a bunch that did.

I held a tight budget on this boat, and did a lot of things myself, and a lot of things with the help of my friends. Had a lot of fun and learned a ton along the way, as well as made new friends.

The 450R that is on the boat now will probably stay on it for a long time. I may build another new boat with a single, in which case I could rob this one and put another L6 400R on the boat, other than the acceleration and cool factor of the 450R, the 400R was just fine.

Hopefully this clears things up, and as previously stated, I'm looking forward to boating in the new waters around me!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

I used to work at Mercury Racing in the Engineering department. I've never officially disclosed that on this site or in this thread because I didn't want my position there to cloud this project. Other than power provider, Project StressEliminator had nothing to do with Mercury Racing other than I was graciously allowed to use the machine shop and welding equipment. Brunswick/Mercury/Mercury Racing have very strict rules about employee online involvement, and I played by the rules.

So, when I left Mercury Racing, I tried to buy the unit that was on the boat, but it was a preproduction prototype that could not be sold. I was allowed to keep my custom painted cowls, and I ordered a new 450R before I left the company.

I then went to Performance Powerboats in Osage Beach, MO, and was Chief Operating Officer for 18 months, getting molds designed and built, factories found, set up and moved into, and production started. I'm proud of my involvement with getting the P360 and P420 models into production.

I am now pleased to be at DCB Performance Marine filling the position of VP of Manufacturing. Lots of exciting things happening with DCB 3.0, and I'm proud to be part of them. Our new 42 OB cat is my focus, as well as acquiring talent to continue to build our team larger and stronger so we can up our production numbers.

So, now that I've told you what's been going on for the past few years, you can understand why this project took as long as it did, and why I strive for excellence even on an old hunk o' junk like mine. All the times I was traveling during the project were work trips for development, races, or to visit boat companies to address an issue or roll out new product. It was really tough not sharing pictures of all of the places I got to travel to for work, but there's a reason I lasted 27 years (over half of my life at the time) with multiple positions working for one parent company. I had a blast working with a bunch of different engineering teams over the years, developing early stages of a lot of product, some that never went to the public, and a bunch that did.

I held a tight budget on this boat, and did a lot of things myself, and a lot of things with the help of my friends. Had a lot of fun and learned a ton along the way, as well as made new friends.

The 450R that is on the boat now will probably stay on it for a long time. I may build another new boat with a single, in which case I could rob this one and put another L6 400R on the boat, other than the acceleration and cool factor of the 450R, the 400R was just fine.

Hopefully this clears things up, and as previously stated, I'm looking forward to boating in the new waters around me!
I’m still sad i never got a walk through in Wisconsin, but didn’t make it up there till this past summer and you were long gone.
It’s awesome to see more to your story than other discussions we had had. Was sad we missed each other in October and look forward to finally meeting you in March when we’re in Phoenix.
Now that you’re no longer at the plant in Wisconsin are there things and photos you’re able to share? If so that would be an amazing thread all within itself.

BigAl96

Reaction score

I'm curious where in phx you wound up? Do you boat on canyon or any of the "eastern" lakes at all? I've spent countless hours reading this thread, and every time I look at it, I want to take on a project like this. Your level of attention to detail and talent is amazing and I'd love to get the chance to see her in person!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I'm curious where in phx you wound up? Do you boat on canyon or any of the "eastern" lakes at all? I've spent countless hours reading this thread, and every time I look at it, I want to take on a project like this. Your level of attention to detail and talent is amazing and I'd love to get the chance to see her in person!
IMG_8445.jpeg

IMG_8446.jpeg

IMG_8450.jpeg

IMG_8455.jpeg

I did get over to Canyon Lake for the first time with my buddy @lake p.a.l. the Saturday of Super Bowl weekend. Absolutely stunning! I’ll definitely be going back there and hit up Apache and Saguaro later this spring.

I’m over in Glendale, very happy with where we ended up.

If you’re from the area or get to the area please hit me up!

BigAl96

Reaction score
View attachment 1336386

View attachment 1336387

View attachment 1336388

View attachment 1336389

I did get over to Canyon Lake for the first time with my buddy @lake p.a.l. the Saturday of Super Bowl weekend. Absolutely stunning! I’ll definitely be going back there and hit up Apache and Saguaro later this spring.

I’m over in Glendale, very happy with where we ended up.

If you’re from the area or get to the area please hit me up!
I love canyon, Apache is too tough to get too as my rig is over 60' long and the road is awful. Beautiful lake though. My wife and I are in queen creek but my dad's out in Glendale. He works at a modular furniture company fairly close to the mew dcb shop. Feel free to text me any time you're going out! I'll pm you my cell

Last edited: