WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Project StressEliminator Restomod-23 Daytona

poncho

Reaction score
Thanks, boys! I’m pretty stoked to get this thing mounted and to hear and feel the V-8 torque.

Gearcase and trim rams are getting the same silver treatment as I did on the 400R.
Good vision[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
E2E824C2-B12B-43C1-BA28-95CB75CFD1A1.jpeg

I’m slacking. I forgot to add this pic of the comparison of the stock bottom to mine.

Just a bit different…

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score
Pretty remarkable, especially if you followed the thread.

So after a season of just using the boat, not cutting, glassing or other such stuff, how was it? Worth all that effort?
Hahaha yea and tell the truth, as the hours we know can’t be but half the overall hours put into her.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Pretty remarkable, especially if you followed the thread.

So after a season of just using the boat, not cutting, glassing or other such stuff, how was it? Worth all that effort?
A resounding YES!!

Unfortunately, after putting life off for 10 months, I’ve been playing catch-up at home, but the trips I have taken have been a blast. This thing is tight, handles great and is very predictable.

I’m going to focus on the remaining details and get them all ironed out, make a new windshield, then paint the trailer and add lighting.

Then I’m hauling it wherever I choose to explore both new and familiar waters.

Lenmann, you’re doing spectacular work on your project, and I’m excited for you to enjoy the same experience I did earlier this year. For me, it was exhilarating. I just took it all in and pinched myself to ensure it was all real and not a cruel joke. I cannot wait to hear the description of your maiden voyage.

boat527

Reaction score
View attachment 1058433

I’m slacking. I forgot to add this pic of the comparison of the stock bottom to mine.

Just a bit different…
So.. here's a question..

Does the other 400 run any better than yours? Mph, porpoise? Might just be for trailering, but it looks higher than yours..

Just curious.. mounting the same set up on my 22 Stoker..

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
So.. here's a question..

Does the other 400 run any better than yours? Mph, porpoise? Might just be for trailering, but it looks higher than yours..

Just curious.. mounting the same set up on my 22 Stoker..
His best vs my best (with this configuration) are 12 mph apart, mine being faster on top.

The picture is just trailering.

His comes on plane with less bow rise, but once on plane, mine frees up quickly and has a much lighter feel to it. The negative angle of the pod (whole reason I notched mine in the first place) keeps the bow really planted, and is hard to free up. You can really measure it as drag by our live fuel economy on the VesselView. Mine is way more efficient at cruise.

Mine leans in while turning, his leans more out.

His has a Porta-bracket with more setback than mine, both engines have at least 5” of vertical travel. His water pressure goes low like a light switch, I can actually run mine high enough to lose speed before I lose water pressure.

It’s wild switching drivers in the middle of the lake, because they’re the same hull, with entirely different attitudes.

Neither one is right or wrong, they’re just different. But if I had to pick one, I’d keep mine 😉

Last edited:

wettek

Reaction score
His best vs my best (with this configuration) are 12 mph apart, mine being faster on top.

His comes on plane with less bow rise, but once on plane, mine frees up quickly and has a much lighter feel to it. The negative angle of the pod (whole reason I notched mine in the first place) keeps the bow really planted, and is hard to free up. You can really measure it as drag by our live fuel economy on the VesselView. Mine is way more efficient at cruise.

His has a Porta-bracket with more setback than mine, both engines have at least 5” of vertical travel. His water pressure goes low like a light switch, I can actually run mine high enough to lose speed before I lose water pressure.

It’s wild switching drivers in the middle of the lake, because they’re the same hull, with entirely different attitudes.

Neither one is right or wrong, they’re just different. But if I had to pick one, I’d keep mine 😉
It will be interesting to see if the boat feels/behaves any differently with the V-8. When will we see the maiden voyage?

Xring01

Reaction score

When I buy my 23 Daytona, what ya gonna charge me to make the “Hydroskreaming modifications” to it?

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the boat feels/behaves any differently with the V-8. When will we see the maiden voyage?
When my maiden feels like it??😁

Next week. Making rigging harnesses custom length makes things really clean and tidy, but routing, figuring length, shortening, de-pinning and re-pinning just flat takes time. It’s definitely worth it, though. Coming out really clean.

3E0349E2-2C71-4081-9F22-71ABD131CD23.jpeg

96251736-CA69-4E24-8F45-DE0958EAB95A.jpeg

852092B5-0ADD-49E6-B464-BDF7BFBC02C2.jpeg

6D993800-F793-4894-B0D3-A2678F9FFEC2.jpeg

As HeadlessHula would say, “It doesn’t suck”.

I think the colors and the cowl lines tie into the boat nicely. I’m ecstatic with how it’s turning out.

Last edited:

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Saw this the other day....
Very cool!

I’m leaning toward 17” wheels if I change anytime soon. There’s so much other stuff ahead of even thinking about that, but thanks for thinking of me! They take me back to my youth, probably made most famous by the General Lee😁

wettek

Reaction score
Your maiden is looking great! Maybe a splash of color or pinstriping on the transom would break it up a bit? Just my opinion, and beauty is subjective, but the blue 450 looks a bit odd against a big all white transom. Maybe a small pattern either side matching the hull pattern. Just my opinion though, like I said, I still wouldn't kick it out of my garage!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Your maiden is looking great! Maybe a splash of color or pinstriping on the transom would break it up a bit? Just my opinion, and beauty is subjective, but the blue 450 looks a bit odd against a big all white transom. Maybe a small pattern either side matching the hull pattern. Just my opinion though, like I said, I still wouldn't kick it out of my garage!
I’m going to be making an 8” setback bracket for it, and also swim steps, which will be powder coated Translucent Blue to match the jackplate. Thinking of painting the bracket in the red/orange/yellow that’s on the engine. I should have enough paint left to do that.

I hear you on the mass of white back there. I thought of doing the bracket in silver as well, might be alright too. I’m trying not to contaminate the red/orange/yellow theme with too much silver, but as you get to the engine, the gearcase and trim rams are silver. I dusted one side cover in silver before I decided what color to make them and it was a bit much with all of the cowl colors.

Thanks for your suggestion!

wettek

Reaction score
I’m going to be making an 8” setback bracket for it, and also swim steps, which will be powder coated Translucent Blue to match the jackplate. Thinking of painting the bracket in the red/orange/yellow that’s on the engine. I should have enough paint left to do that.

I hear you on the mass of white back there. I thought of doing the bracket in silver as well, might be alright too. I’m trying not to contaminate the red/orange/yellow theme with too much silver, but as you get to the engine, the gearcase and trim rams are silver. I dusted one side cover in silver before I decided what color to make them and it was a bit much with all of the cowl colors.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Anodised swim steps will really break it up nicely, maybe an anodised grab rail above each one as well. Looking forward to the V8 water test results.