WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Project StressEliminator Restomod-23 Daytona

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I'm with HH! I've followed very closely, am hopeful everytime I see an update it will be a "sea trial", but I know he's not there yet. Probably not this liquid water season, but I'm with HH, when it does go down, its going to be an epic day! The finish line is fast approaching!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I'm with HH! I've followed very closely, am hopeful everytime I see an update it will be a "sea trial", but I know he's not there yet. Probably not this liquid water season, but I'm with HH, when it does go down, its going to be an epic day! The finish line is fast approaching!

Well, it’s not seatrial time yet, but it will be very soon!

Thanks for the encouragement, I’ll take that as a positive and put that final push on.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
The Seadek showed up today. The Cool Gray is a bit lighter than I expected, but it looks great and should be easy on the feet in the sun.

83F306E8-C8DD-4A66-8AA7-5C12822F2E54.jpeg

B051D59C-476C-4E71-9752-AAF6DDFE663C.jpeg

These are the cockpit cover snaps...

541F9450-BBB4-4B0D-A320-53DF60901BC6.jpeg

...that hold these on.

C82A09CE-2CBF-481B-9C9C-73287E0C83D1.jpeg

I just drilled and tapped two of them to our marks to ensure our process was accurate. Given the results, I’d say they fit pretty well and will complete the others this weekend.

cofooter

Reaction score
The Seadek showed up today. The Cool Gray is a bit lighter than I expected, but it looks great and should be easy on the feet in the sun.

View attachment 774613

View attachment 774614

These are the cockpit cover snaps...

View attachment 774616

...that hold these on.

View attachment 774615

I just drilled and tapped two of them to our marks to ensure our process was accurate. Given the results, I’d say they fit pretty well and will complete the others this weekend.
So cool!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Battery boxes are blue, as well as the inner deck hatch flange, fuel filter mount, and the mount for “transom lights” I made for the jackplate.

C329060C-6CB7-4557-B73B-208136C73D31.jpeg

Did a final fit of the jackplate and some of the holes were a bit tight, so I put a sanding roll on the die grinder and opened them up. This required resealing them, just finished second coat of epoxy in the transom holes, the drain holes from outside the stringers to the inner sponsons, as well as the bilge pump hose holes.

Check out how thick the ‘glas is at the transom.

FB8C73F0-36BA-4877-8195-E5700AAF5919.jpeg

Got both port and starboard hose/cable looms fit, drilled and tapped.

Here’s the starboard, which will carry cables from the house battery to the stereo, as well as the cables from the engine battery to the fuse box. It will also carry the 14-pin for the DTS.

A8F4B890-C7E5-4E51-BC8F-E0B34DAE7EFC.jpeg

Here’s the port side, which will carry the power steering hoses and steering hoses, as well as a sheathed cable which has multiple wires inside for carrying power from fuse box circuits, through the dash switches to the rear of the boat.

494B5FEB-4E8A-4D04-8C92-26665E0B21B3.jpeg

Fuel tanks had a few spots touched up where I got a little overzealous with the sawzall during demolition.

I still have to remove and replace a stud that I snapped off the dash while chasing it with a die. Once that’s repaired, dash goes in, steering helm goes in for the last time and we’re wiring. I cannot tell you how much I’m looking forward to completing that task.

After wiring is fuel tanks (they’ve already been plumbed), interior (it’s all been fit) Seadek and foot throttle.

Jackplate, engine, and windshield.

Let ‘er rip!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Toffen.

I can’t wait to see what your ol’ Phantom runs with a 450R!!;):D

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Wow it’s been a few months since i sat and read this, as always you’re killing it dude. I do have to say i do love the Miss’ StressEliminator that is just the icing imho.

Last edited:

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
You guys are too funny! This thread is about as far as I go for social media.

This thread was not started as a LAM thread, (I certainly don’t need the attention), but more educational to see the steps, thought process, time and effort it takes to do it right. Well, my version of right!:D

I don’t even have a YouTube account to post any videos. With any luck, our roving reporter @Headless hula will be there to document the maiden voyage and share the link. My wife still doesn’t believe it’s going to float :rolleyes:. After we cut the center pod out, I can certainly understand her skepticism.

Thanks to all that have followed along, and to those of you that comment, question, and cheer; it’s appreciated.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Here’s the starboard aft electrical panel, housed in the battery compartment.

It contains the breakers to feed power to various devices.

The top breaker will feed the port aft electrical panel, and that will run the power steering pump, jackplate pump, port bilge pump, and the horn.

The middle breaker will feed the stereo amp.

The bottom breaker will feed the fuse box up front for lighting, and you can see a small fuse holder on the bottom of the panel, which will feed a relay for the starboard bilge pump.

2E674CB7-477F-47D5-AB5A-30B9A6A65376.jpeg

92C0D9E4-E8A1-4160-92AC-C5D9E870C96E.jpeg

6FB00EB8-6E56-4773-8343-1CA879AF624A.jpeg

The lower battery will be the house battery, the upper will be engine power. There will also be a small Argofet battery isolator (very low power loss) mounted on the transom up near the deck in this compartment as well. That will give me easy access to the rigging tube and both batteries, but still be tucked up out of the way.

Not much stuff left to modify or make. Should be a rigging frenzy here next week.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Quit posting and get to work....

You bet your ass I'll have video of the maiden voyage. :cool:

I want @Gelcoater , @AzGeo , @Racey , and all the others that've been following along in this 5 year journey.

It's only been online for a couple, but the project has been going for way longer...

You deserve to post the pic of the dam thing in front of the cabin in minoqua.

You have earned the pic on the sandbar at dubay.

You have earned the pic with the min aqua bats in the background.

Every single one.

It needs to happen this year man.

Buckle down and fly right. It's the only way you know. You'll make up for the sleep lost while in the cabin up north.

We're all proud of you, we're all blown away at your determination, attention to detail, your vision of what it could be.

Finish it. Your steps away from the finish line.

I've never been so proud to have you as my friend...

Gettur dun son!
20190116_194728.jpg

This is you enjoying a beverage, and me waiting for you to back the trailer to the water.....:p:p:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
HeadlessHula is helping me this week doing final rigging.

Here’s a short list of things done today.

Power steering pump mounted, need a couple longer bolts for two holes. Bilge drains are sealed and tight.

A48D6404-805A-400F-8E76-66E179077118.jpeg

Bilge pumps are in place, starboard is plumbed, port is waiting for the jackplate pump to be mounted. Battery storage floor is finally mounted and glassed in.

5760D916-B863-43A9-B189-7DF638C52742.jpeg

Holesawed drain holes that I forgot to put in, resined them when I glassed the battery floor in.

15ED06E8-28A0-4E71-B0E5-645EA4A8B19F.jpeg

Got both hatch flanges sealed and mounted.

7B1048F9-ED53-463C-97D4-341DB696EA84.jpeg

I’m pleased with the fit and function of the inner hatch flange. Hula thought it was cool too.

79856D50-40F4-4C3F-A254-F2AEAECE5DE8.jpeg

Funky replacement dock lights are sealed and mounted as well. I made the forward electrical harness previously, as well as the beefy backing plate for the bow eye.

E4C31248-4372-430F-BD63-5190BC7E7359.jpeg

Phone battery went dead so I didn’t get a pic of the starboard electrical panel wired, but that will show when I get pics of the batteries installed tomorrow...technically later today.

Time to turn in!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Update

Batteries, isolator, starboard electrical panel installed.

A2A813C4-9671-4DC7-BF6E-130813EE77F8.jpeg

Cleaned up the wiring in the bow

0E1A42AA-716C-472A-8D8C-BD6CBD289C0E.jpeg

E4F989C6-829E-4916-9BAD-AF611E02E706.jpeg

Bow access is buttoned up

59750559-CC06-40D1-BD85-22FF7CFFDB98.jpeg

I wasn’t happy with the hatch hinges so Hula and I added fasteners all the way through the hinges, threaded into the inner hatch flange, making a sandwich. The hatch latches better now too.

79EAD8A3-5059-4005-A4F4-E798AF57463C.jpeg

Subs are sealed and installed. We’re at lunch coming up with a game plan for the rest of the wiring.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Hula is a trooper. He’s been at my house helping me since 10 AM yesterday morning.

Here’s the legend keeping away from any shenanigans by focusing on sealing up my subs.

FBAA1EDC-1A75-41D4-B2A9-8DDB2A248790.jpeg

My wife popped her head in the garage at 4 AM and couldn’t believe we were still up. She then promptly showed up with coffee. That helped.

My buddy Crash came at 6 AM with the articulating Kubota complete with forks and a jib. Made for pretty short work of getting the StressEliminator back onto its trailer with fresh bunks. We rolled the boat outside and swapped ends, backing it up to my 4-post hoist. Hula and I each manned a side, I ran the hoist and Crash lifted the front. Hula wet the bunks and I backed right under it. My wife came out and documented it.

4E2AE7A1-6A50-4E95-BB45-D6108DFDEF3A.jpeg

C78418B9-D717-45D6-AA8A-E36B5442D1C5.jpeg

D39AD720-5070-4567-92C7-D08392B03B27.jpeg

FBC249D9-DA2B-4E2C-9D3F-37B802769B35.jpeg

Haven’t seen that view in a while...

Hula and I are wrapping up wiring. To keep out of each other’s way, I’m doing the dash wiring and he’s at the battery and pump end. We just stopped for water and are getting back after it.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!! This is coming along so good, great to see it back outside!!!

Keep on truckin!

Headless hula

Reaction score
Couple of spy pics getting leaked here....to give you an idea of the rigging...
20190801_145449.jpg

20190804_073717.jpg
20190804_073705.jpg

Its rigged, it's up north on vacation as of right this minute.

We thrashed for a solid 4 days round the clock. There was no sleep to speak of. When we got delirious, we grabbed a nap.
Legit THRASH....

Left the "storage facility" on sunday at 8 am.. It was rigged, fired, lights and bilge pump working. Johnny said a LONG time back that the first song he wanted to hear on the stereo was " wynonnas big brown beaver".... it happened at 740 on Sunday morning. We shot each other a knowing grin....

I'll let him tell the rest of the tale, and mind you it's a dooozy....

Couple of blown trailer tires, etc...

Quite the saga...

Here's a couple pics I got from him today...
27349.jpeg

27350.jpeg

All I know is that the boat and my buddy made it up north. No word on what it runs.

I DO KNOW, it didn't sink, nor did it burn to the waterline. ;)....

I also know that poptart and I may happen to be on the same chain of lakes by Thursday, so there may be an outboard church/restoration and upgrades thread crossover episode....:p:p:p

You guys have no idea how happy I am that this project has FINALLY gotten wet....

Understand that "hydroskreamin" has helped me "get it".... he's taught me everything I know. (At least rigging related, and a few life lessons).

He's been my mentor, my best friend, been there through a divorce, a couple of shittty girlfriends, and one really awesome one.

He's ALWAYS been there. Without fail, he'll answer my call when I've been in over my head....

There's very few times in a guys life that the opportunity shows itself to have the opportunity to have a quality guy in your life. Fortunately for me, I was able to recognize that chance. Johnny is the guy I've always wished I was. The demeanor, the patience, the knowledge. Granted, he doesnt have as good of dance moves as me, but I digress.........

Such a satisfying feeling to have that damned boat up north at the cabin where it belongs. On vacation.

I'm still recovering from the lack of sleep, and may have had a couple of refreshing adult beverages, so I may be rambling here. You get the "gist"....

The "Stress Eliminator" is wet.......
20190804_080240.jpg

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY BITCHIN!!!

its is awesome when friends can come together and help each other out.. and completely amazing when its something you both are passionate about, an experience and memories that will last forever!!! The campfire stories generated buy this build for you guys is amazing and will last a lifetime.. absolutely nothing better!! CONGRATS!! And thanks for allowing us to ride along!!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I'm heading Up Nort this thursday, too, near Minoqua. What water are you guys going to be on?

I’m on Lake Tomahawk, on the Minocqua side.

View on the way to Minocqua for lunch with the family on board. I was worried about how bright the engine turning on the dash would be in the sun but it’s exactly the look I was shooting for.

D905C0F0-5DE7-4F4B-BDA8-045D83AD10FF.jpeg

Parked at the public docks in Minocqua, eating at the Thirsty Whale.

1AEBCF82-24D8-43FB-BF76-4456CD251D06.jpeg

The StressEliminator finally released back to its natural habitat. Hanging at the sand bar with music pumping.

ECDFA08B-4915-411B-AA77-6A2879922E86.jpeg

View from our cabin.

3A29BED8-0421-4A2D-9D3B-190ED26CEE8C.jpeg

We finished off the day by going into the middle of the lake and stargazing. A perfect end to a perfect day. I think tomorrow may be lather, rinse, repeat.

The neat thing about all of it: the boat was born 32 years ago to the day. I’m so proud of the finished product, which wouldn’t have been remotely possible without the help, advice, and encouragement of my friends. I’m indebted to them.

I’ll add more build details when I return from vacation. She’s not “done”, but all the tasks left are small things I can tackle each evening.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m on Lake Tomahawk, on the Minocqua side.

View on the way to Minocqua for lunch with the family on board. I was worried about how bright the engine turning on the dash would be in the sun but it’s exactly the look I was shooting for.

View attachment 784442

Parked at the public docks in Minocqua, eating at the Thirsty Whale.

View attachment 784443

The StressEliminator finally released back to its natural habitat. Hanging at the sand bar with music pumping.

View attachment 784444

View from our cabin.

View attachment 784447

We finished off the day by going into the middle of the lake and stargazing. A perfect end to a perfect day. I think tomorrow may be lather, rinse, repeat.

The neat thing about all of it: the boat was born 32 years ago to the day. I’m so proud of the finished product, which wouldn’t have been remotely possible without the help, advice, and encouragement of my friends. I’m indebted to them.

I’ll add more build details when I return from vacation. She’s not “done”, but all the tasks left are small things I can tackle each evening.
Hell yes!

RCDave

Reaction score
Congratulations. Its been amazing to watch all the effort you put into this beautiful boat. Looks fantastic, especially on the water

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
That is one sexy son of a bit@# sitting on the sandbar. Congrats on all that hard work finally paying off. Can’t wait to get a ride in it soon.

Toffen Gunnufsen

Reaction score
Johnny, many many congratulations from Heidi and me. For a ride, for a ride MAN !! Love to hear more how she runs. Take care, and enjoy the holidays :) :)

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
2232771C-E584-4E77-8605-6CEBBC9C4877.jpeg

I meant to post this earlier, but it’s still relevant...:D

I’ve really enjoyed the thumbs up, comments, and conversations thus far.

Raining on and off all day here, so some cruises and short blasts for the families we are vacationing with.

Haven’t had it over 70 yet, but it feels really good. Turns nice, stays on plane at 21 mph with 4 adults, 60+ gallons of fuel, and coolers. Averaging 3+ mpg over the last 66 miles. Prop is under 8% slip. I think the engine needs to be raised, but that’s not what this vacation is about. Plenty of time to test when I get home.

Looking forward to getting some pics with Hula. It’s been a long journey...

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Congratulations, must be a really proud moment for you after all that hard work!

All I wanted for this week of vacation was for the boat to function properly and show my family how much function it really has. Speed was truly not on my radar. That’s for when I’m alone or on a different type of run.

HeadlessHula and I made sure the nav/anchor/interior lights worked, as well as the stereo. That’s pretty much all that was absolutely necessary for this week.

The dock lights need a relay installed, I don’t have the battery isolator wired (running switch on “combined” this week, except at the sandbar), Seadek isn’t in, foot throttle isn’t in, cabin lights transom lights, and storage lights aren’t in, but you know what? Nobody really cares but me. We’re boating, and that’s what the push was all about. To go boating in this awesome chunk of paradise.

And we did it!! Last full day here, then pack up and head out tomorrow. It was all worth it, and I can’t speak for @Headless hula Hula, but I think he’ll back me on this one.

poncho

Reaction score
All I wanted for this week of vacation was for the boat to function properly and show my family how much function it really has. Speed was truly not on my radar. That’s for when I’m alone or on a different type of run.

HeadlessHula and I made sure the nav/anchor/interior lights worked, as well as the stereo. That’s pretty much all that was absolutely necessary for this week.

The dock lights need a relay installed, I don’t have the battery isolator wired (running switch on “combined” this week, except at the sandbar), Seadek isn’t in, foot throttle isn’t in, cabin lights transom lights, and storage lights aren’t in, but you know what? Nobody really cares but me. We’re boating, and that’s what the push was all about. To go boating in this awesome chunk of paradise.

And we did it!! Last full day here, then pack up and head out tomorrow. It was all worth it, and I can’t speak for @Headless hula Hula, but I think he’ll back me on this one.

Been boating over 40 years and have had probably 10 weekends like what you are having with friends where we thrashed together, no better feeling. When your cruising side by side and everyone is smiling and throwing thumbs up at each other, what a great feeling.

Outstanding job.

Xring01

Reaction score
HydroSkreamin

Thank you for your detailed build. We all learned alot in your journey. I truly appreciate the efforts it took to you to share it...

And most importantly, answer all of our questions...

Seeing a pic of it floating/running/tied to bar dock, put a smile on my face... :)

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Been boating over 40 years and have had probably 10 weekends like what you are having with friends where we thrashed together, no better feeling. When your cruising side by side and everyone is smiling and throwing thumbs up at each other, what a great feeling.

Outstanding job.

Poncho, that really means a lot, and I know EXACTLY what you’re talking about.

I’ve done the thrash for race cars, race sleds, and race boats, street rods and personal snowmobiles, but not a personal boat.

I have to really hand it to Hula for patronizing my wishes. We generally do things a little differently, but he grit his teeth and asked first before ANYTHING got routed or permanently attached. It truly came out bitchin.

The look on his face when our boats were floating tied up together at the sandbar said it all. That moment in time was exactly why he worked so hard to help me, and the fact that it became reality after all these years was almost breathtaking. It definitely didn’t suck...;)

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
HydroSkreamin

Thank you for your detailed build. We all learned alot in your journey. I truly appreciate the efforts it took to you to share it...

And most importantly, answer all of our questions...

Seeing a pic of it floating/running/tied to bar dock, put a smile on my face... :)

I’m glad someone was entertained or educated by all this ongoing nonsense :D Like I said at the very beginning, I’ve learned from other’s builds and thought maybe I could give back a little on this one.

Glad to share, and I’ll continue with actually finishing the details and dialing it in.

Stay tuned!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Some pics of the last night on vacation.

B72AB332-84CD-43C9-A534-DC48C2379438.jpeg

84DC7062-F768-48AB-AAFF-C4A6E984BB6C.jpeg

Afternoon pic heading to the sandbar

EF539577-939D-4E82-914D-973C4504EA6D.jpeg

This morning before loading up and heading home.

9CDBC07B-F0E3-400B-AE19-96A4E5D0363A.jpeg

3A7B6B41-1622-43A6-8256-872852BCCA12.jpeg

My wife has not totally been on the same page with me on this project, and I’ve never done a project that took this long in my life, but she really enjoyed it, how it rides, handles chop and wakes, her custom fit seat (remember, she’s had 3 back surgeries since I started this project), and the view from every seat on board. She thanked me today on the way home for making this boat “ours”, and is looking forward to using it more this year. That meant the world to me, because now I know “she gets it”. And a guy can’t ask for any more than that...other than funding :D:D

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
So stoked.for you. This has been a project and a half but damn what a payoff. You sir are winning.... No i take it back you sir have won.

Headless hula

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time. To see it come to fruition is quite satisfying.

While taking the pics when we were anchored, I must've gotten some wind blown sand in my eyes.....

Fer FUCKS SAKE ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!

:p:p:p

:D:D:eek::D:D:D:D:D
20190809_155630.jpg
20190809_144438.jpg
20190809_144437(0).jpg
20190809_165922.jpg
20190809_155332.jpg
20190809_155510.jpg
20190809_155628.jpg