WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Promise Keepers

jonnyd

Reaction score
Do any of you remember this movement? Did anyone actually go to one of the events? I remember my Dad asking me to go with him to one of the events but I declined. Looking back now I wish I had taken him up on his offer. If I could only go back I would give my right arm to be able to do anything with my Dad again!

KevinR

Reaction score
Some dads and I from our church took our sons to an event at the Honda Center Arena in Anaheim, l will say late 1990s. It was an outreach of Promise Keepers for teenage boys. Speakers and a few Worship bands. Absolutely awesome.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
It important for men to have fellowship together.

Iron sharpens iron [emoji106]

Our Men’s group meets every other Thursday..just a group of about 10 of us, living life together.

On alternating Thursdays we all get together with our families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jonnyd

Reaction score
I am blown away by the attendance of these events! Sold out stadiums of people who are not going to see a sporting event, rock group or even get a beer, but rather getting together with other people to worship the King and have their lives changed forever!

KevinR

Reaction score
Pron, I too, have had the blessing of different Men’s groups over the past 30 years of being born again.

Given me untold wisdom, support and strength through the tough times and helped praise the Father.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
My dad asked me to go with a group of men from our church, I declined and also have regret. He passed in 05.

brownsuger

Reaction score
I went once and left about 1/2 way through.... You could tell the guys they had speaking at the event I was at were full of sh*t....

jonnyd

Reaction score
Look up these events. We have attended 3 so far in the last year and they are powerful.
Sean has a wonderful ministry. He takes it directly to the hot spots. It's great how many people his ministry touches.

jonnyd

Reaction score
I went once and left about 1/2 way through.... You could tell the guys they had speaking at the event I was at were full of sh*t....
Some people make it about themselves rather than what the purpose of the promise keepers events were created to be.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Just read up on this , a man of integrity / his word 👍 not to many left , I know some and some way left 🤬

Javajoe

Reaction score
Are people who have the addictive nature to abuse alcohol and drugs, naturally drawn into religion at Rehab places, etc. because of that addictive nature? Seems all the rehab places are way into religion. My stepson has been in and out of many places and they all push Christianity. It has really helped him but only while he was there did he do well

Reactions: DWC

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Are people who have the addictive nature to abuse alcohol and drugs, naturally drawn into religion at Rehab places, etc. because of that addictive nature? Seems all the rehab places are way into religion. My stepson has been in and out of many places and they all push Christianity. It has really helped him but only while he was there did he do well
It's called weakness.....some people need a crutch..😂😂

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
It’s about being held accountable for your actions.

If these people can’t get sober by being held accountable to friends or family, then being held accountable to a higher power often works.

Seems to help some, not others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I'm no saint but I do believe in Jesus. The Baptist church in my town posted this on their marquee and I think it rings very true.

"If you want God to Bless America, stop legalizing sin"

Couldn't agree more. Another thing to consider here is this a lot of us have kids and kids have friends. If you are comfortable taking their friends to the lake, this is a great way witness to the future of our country.

There are a lot of great points in this thread unfortunately it falls on deaf ears. Happy to see this thread floating on top though.

nowski

Reaction score
Just two years ago If I posted on any site that the United States isn't mentioned in the Bible in the last days you'd think I was a nut. Take a good look around at what's happening in this country today, seems like prophecy is coming to fruition...