WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

prop for 18' spectra 200 evinrude 2 stroke

baysidejim

Reaction score
I have the original aluminum prop but looking for something for higher top speed. Don't have the budget for buying prop after prop so I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

BigSteve

Reaction score
I have the original aluminum prop but looking for something for higher top speed. Don't have the budget for buying prop after prop so I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

You will have to pony up a few bucks and get a stainless steel prop.
The blades are stronger,the thinner blades transfer power more eff

You have limited power so setting up your boat correctly is very important when it comes to speed.

Weight placement in the boat. Try and get weight low and toward the centerline
Proper engine set back and motor height are key points, to carry the boat hull with the least amount of drag at speed

This is the toughest part of the job doesn't cost much money. Bolts and spacer blocks from Bobs Machine shop, but it takes time lifting the motor and changing spacers to move the engine forward or back, up and down. Test and retest !
Learn what the boat likes and dislikes and take notes.
Make a prop graph with RPM and GPS

The hulls running surface, the last 3 ft can't have a hook or a soft spot, it will KILL speed. Fiberglass shrinks over time and the hull can get trailer sores (dents) from sitting on the bunks

Take a long straight edge place a light behind it, if you see light you looking at missing speed tap the hull with a dead blow hammer for a soft spot

A little body work goes a long way in getting speed for very little money just time.

Fix the hull first !!!!!! before trying to dial it in

For as little as 500 bucks you can have a much better boat and go at least 10 mph faster
Post pictures or video of your boat and running from the side view it tells the story

baysidejim

Reaction score
Thanks Big Steve. I haven't taken the boat out yet. Will be at Parker the last week this month so I'll take notes. Meanwhile I'll ckeck the bottom. I have to figure out how to post pictures here... Thanks!