WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prop for new imco scx drive

Dankdave79

Reaction score
Just wondering what prop you guys have been running with the new imco Scx drive ? Not the imco scx-4 surface drive just the standard imco scx -2 . And what type of slip numbers are you getting and how high of an x dimension are you running and do you have a stand off box ? My application is single engine cat 25' I've been running the boat with this drive since it came out and am very happy and yes I do have the newest latest designed lower unit.

racinjason65

Reaction score
Just wondering what prop you guys have been running with the new imco Scx drive ? Not the imco scx-4 surface drive just the standard imco scx -2 . And what type of slip numbers are you getting and how high of an x dimension are you running and do you have a stand off box ? My application is single engine cat 25' I've been running the boat with this drive since it came out and am very happy and yes I do have the newest latest designed lower unit.

I run Cutting Edge Props and am very happy with them. I have a similar size boat (HTM 24) and just put an SCX4 Drive on with a 2" spacer and Bravo style prop shaft, so my overall drive height is the same as yours is currently. The SCX drives (either standard or -4) have a much larger lower unit than an XR or Bravo style drive, so you will have higher slip numbers and lose a little speed. I had my lower (the latest design) blueprinted and still lost speed and increased my prop slip. What are you looking for in a new prop; looking to get on plane better, better cruise speed, less slip or higher top speed?

Dankdave79

Reaction score
Old thread lol well been trying to decrease my slip numbers at 22% with a 5 blade Maximus 32p I know they came out with that dual shaft lower but it’s not cheap . But yea I have the “1400” lower blueprinted

EBT531

Reaction score
I run a SCX extreme with a 26p 4 blade and also see 21ish prop slip. I was wondering if a 5 blade would reduce my slip but it looks like your numbers are no better. When I spoke to Lavey they said if I went to a larger diameter prop, slip may go down but I may also need less pitch to be able to maintain the same rpms so no guarantee I'd gain speed. I'm curious if anyone has the answer for less slip with this drive.

Mcchevy69ss

Reaction score
Old thread lol well been trying to decrease my slip numbers at 22% with a 5 blade Maximus 32p I know they came out with that dual shaft lower but it’s not cheap . But yea I have the “1400” lower blueprinted
I believe it is your lower causing your slip issue. The Maximus grips the water better than any other bravo style prop. They are revising the dual down shaft housing right now, so I would wait till that is proven before spending the $$