WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prop Repair

Javajoe

Reaction score
My boat came with an extra prop. It’s slightly dinged. Any place out here near Riverside that can fix it?

Reactions: DWC

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Not sure where you are but I’m that way from the I.E. just about every other day. If it helps I could drop it off for you.

HBCraig

Reaction score
My boat came with an extra prop. It’s slightly dinged. Any place out here near Riverside that can fix it?
cutting edge propellers

FWIW

I dropped off a Bravo 1 prop to Cutting Edge and will pick it up Tuesday. We talked about what I wanted vs. What he thought and we will see what happens. If you can wit a ouole of days I will update you here. I had my Merc labbed 26 polished at Hill and they did a good job. Nothing special just an average "clean up" . They were fast and professional.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I’ve used hill propellers in Santa Ana.
Hill is about a mile from Cutting Edge

I can tell you from experience I have used York Propellers as well in Fullerton. The guy was a 1 man show then but kind of a mad scientist type. Solid guy and does good work. Always wears an OG Dodgers hat so he gets my vote. Maybe for @HOOTER SLED- too

JayBreww

Reaction score
Used to be a guy in Bloomington off San Bernardino and riverside ave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BingerFang

Reaction score
Hill is about a mile from Cutting Edge

I can tell you from experience I have used York Propellers as well in Fullerton. The guy was a 1 man show then but kind of a mad scientist type. Solid guy and does good work. Always wears an OG Dodgers hat so he gets my vote. Maybe for @HOOTER SLED- too

According to google York Propellers is permanently closed. When is the last time you were there?

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
If its truly your spare and just "slightly dinged" why not just clean it up yourself with a file? Super easy.

Javajoe

Reaction score
If its truly your spare and just "slightly dinged" why not just clean it up yourself with a file? Super easy.
Well, it’s really not a spare. It’s a 24 and the one on my boat is a 26. I will run the 24 when the kids tube. I could file it but would rather get it repaired

Subadvantage

Reaction score
Is gotta hav-it prop repair still around? Used to be in Moreno Valley..... 951-242-5041

Javajoe

Reaction score
I talked to Augie the owner at Cutting Edge and I’m gunna have my wife run it down there tomorrow. They have a 5 day turn around. Wife needs to go by Happy Jewelers anyway and have her diamond setting checked. Wonder if her going alone to the Jewelers is a good idea 🙁
Thanks for the info guys 👍

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I talked to Augie the owner at Cutting Edge and I’m gunna have my wife run it down there tomorrow. They have a 5 day turn around. Wife needs to go by Happy Jewelers anyway and have her diamond setting checked. Wonder if her going alone to the Jewelers is a good idea 🙁

It's not. Left there little light on Saturday and was only getting her wedding set cleaned up and the prongs checked. Then she picks out and new one she would like.

So its not a good idea......lol

Javajoe

Reaction score
It's not. Left there little light on Saturday and was only getting her wedding set cleaned up and the prongs checked. Then she picks out and new one she would like.

So its not a good idea......lol
Her wedding set is only 2 years old and was $$$$ so I think she is good. BUT…I always tell her…buy it if we can afford it lol. She is super good with money and handles all of our bills so I think I am good. When I just texted her about dropping it off she asked if Happy’s is on the way out there 😆

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Her wedding set is only 2 years old and was $$$$ so I think she is good. BUT…I always tell her…buy it if we can afford it lol. She is super good with money and handles all of our bills so I think I am good. When I just texted her about dropping it off she asked if Happy’s is on the way out there 😆

Ok then your good, my wife's set is 17 yrs old now. So shes on the look...

Javajoe

Reaction score
They this number 909-749-7170. UR Bright Prop repair and Polishing Bloomington Ca
Yea I tried calling. No active website. They do chrome plating and a few other things also. Since the wife is free she is going to drop it off at Cutting Edge. I’m way too busy during the week and also work Sat.’s

HBCraig

Reaction score
Thats where I am having my spare done

HBCraig

Reaction score
Yea I tried calling. No active website. They do chrome plating and a few other things also. Since the wife is free she is going to drop it off at Cutting Edge. I’m way too busy during the week and also work Sat.’s
Top 2 are of the newly labbed 26P. Augie did a great job as usual

Bottom is my labbed prop from a different prop shop. I highly doubt I would use somebody besides Cutting Edge
20210727_132833.jpg
20210727_132830.jpg
20210720_124333.jpg

Javajoe

Reaction score
Looks Nice! Wife dropped it off today and Augie called asking me specifically what performance I’m looking for 👍. Picking it up Sat

HBCraig

Reaction score
Looks Nice! Wife dropped it off today and Augie called asking me specifically what performance I’m looking for 👍. Picking it up Sat
Tell him you want 10 mph more or you aren't paying. ;)

Turnup

Reaction score
What's the difference for you when you run the 24 for tubing vs the 26? And what's the boat specs.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I got a 08 28’ Magic Deck with an Ilmor 625 and IMCO drive. With the Bravo 1 4 blade 26p I can plane with full tanks and full load of 6 adults and coolers in about 10 seconds. Tubing it gets on plane at about 20mph but does struggle at the slow speed of 20 which the young kids like. Slow as fuck really but oh well. I feel it strain.
I tried a 24 last weekend and big difference. Higher RPM’s and easier on the engine. I will lose top speed but I really don’t care. I can hit 50 with it at 5,000 rpm’s at 3/4 throttle. At least that’s what I observed last weekend when the wife was driving. I didn’t drive it. I don’t know what the top speed will be with it. I will change the props depending if kids are with us.