WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prop talk

Captainervin

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Caliber 1 Custom 28 Thunder Mid Cabin. With 502 HO Mag 430 hp. Trying to find out if anyone has a good prop suggestions. Boat runs around 65 mph but only turning 4300.
The boat came with a 24 Bravo 1 with* 4*blades
Most of the time I will have around 6 and at times 8 adults.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I would suggest a labbed 24.

What is the limiter on the ho?

Mph seems a little high for the rpm given the set up.....is the mph gps?

BajaMike

Reaction score
If you can't easily get to the the rated RPM on the engine easily with full gas, hot day, normal load of people and refreshments, you are over propped. You should be able to get to 5000 to 5200 RPMs with that engine in seconds.

Being over propped places a huge load on your motor and drive. Think of starting out in your truck in 4th gear from up stop sign going up a hill......you are hurting your engine.

Get a lower prop!!!

And buy my girls Honda.....:D

DSMITH

Reaction score
Having that 24 labbed would be a good improvement

HavaToon

Reaction score
Something is not reading correctly, your RPM or Speed. What you gave would have a slip of 0.21% and that's impossible.

Assuming the RPM is correct you are over propped and should drop down to a 22p. Labbing your 24p isn't going to gain you 700rpm.

Your RPM band is (WOT) 4600 - 5000 and the limiter would be about 5050-5100.

I had a similar boat, 29 Magic Wizard with a 496ho. I would run 65mph at 4800rpm with a labbed 24p Bravo all day any day and a best ever of 72mph at 5000rpm with two people, very little fuel and PERFECT water conditions. Never could break 70mph again.

As I said above something is not reading right. Double check your rpm and mph, one is off. If the rpm is correct then you have to much prop. If rpm is reading low and your speed is correct you are probably propped perfect.

Captainervin

Reaction score
What's the chances of my Speedometer and tach being off.
My boat will be in the Lake Havasu Boat Show and I plan on running her while I am out there.
Thanks for all your helpful information!

HavaToon

Reaction score
What's the chances of my Speedometer and tach being off.
My boat will be in the Lake Havasu Boat Show and I plan on running her while I am out there.
Thanks for all your helpful information!

I'm saying one or the other is off, not both. Download a speed GPS app for your phone, that's a simple way to double check your mph.