WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Propane rant just because I'm on a tear tonight

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Get a fuel level gauge

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Yeah fuk that PP chit, swapped over the Blackstone a couple of weeks ago and now I'm NG on all three devices.

20200523_153350.jpg

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Fuck bluerhino and amerigas. With covid I have been doing exchanges instead of filling. I turn the knob off after cooking every time. Tanks are lasting a week Fing over it. Time to switch to ng. Rant over.

Bluerhino and amerigas fill the bbq tanks ( holds 4.6 when filled, 20 lbs) They are filled to 15 lbs (about 3.5 gallons) Most exchange places are like this.

At 20 bux exchanged, that's $5.71 a gallon
In Kingman, it's a $1.69 a gallon.
Double that in Williams.
I go thru 20 or 30 gallons a month. More in the winter. Natural gas isn't an option for me.

Dan'l

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Bluerhino and amerigas fill the bbq tanks ( holds 4.6 when filled, 20 lbs) They are filled to 15 lbs (about 3.5 gallons) Most exchange places are like this.

At 20 bux exchanged, that's $5.71 a gallon
In Kingman, it's a $1.69 a gallon.
Double that in Williams.
I go thru 20 or 30 gallons a month. More in the winter. Natural gas isn't an option for me.

Dan'l
Where are you getting propane in Kingman for $1.69? I may bring my tanks to work and fill them after work I think I paid $2.54 in Havasu the other day.😡

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Normally go to uhaul or the shell by me that fill my tanks the last few times I've just done exchanges. I have a Weber summit with six burners and it eats but this is stupid. Yeah I'm cooking home more but a new tank every week is retarded. @Melloyellovector it's time to talk about the retaining wall and the built in bar.... What's your schedule look like?

yz450mm

Reaction score
Get the natural gas conversion Quick Connect kit for whatever you're using, drill out the orifice(s) slightly bigger, and enjoy unlimited fuel.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Where are you getting propane in Kingman for $1.69? I may bring my tanks to work and fill them after work I think I paid $2.54 in Havasu the other day.😡

Beale St. North of I-40, west side of the road.

Dan'l

4Waters

Reaction score
I've been NG for 15 years and I love it, if we have an earthquake an lose NG I can convert back over to propane in about an hour and go grab a tank or 2.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Normally go to uhaul or the shell by me that fill my tanks the last few times I've just done exchanges. I have a Weber summit with six burners and it eats but this is stupid. Yeah I'm cooking home more but a new tank every week is retarded. @Melloyellovector it's time to talk about the retaining wall and the built in bar.... What's your schedule look like?

Sounds like you’re gonna need a bigger tank to hold you over, lol
Slammed, it’s summer and everyone wants their pool built to get kids out of house.

How far is your bbq to pool equipment now? We could tee off the gas line there for temp gas, run line if it’s semi close. Get ng conversion for your Bbq or drill out orifices

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re gonna need a bigger tank to hold you over, lol
Slammed, it’s summer and everyone wants their pool built to get kids out of house.

How far is your bbq to pool equipment now? We could tee off the gas line there for temp gas, run line if it’s semi close. Get ng conversion for your Bbq or drill out orifices

Let me know when your ready for the whole tamale. We are ready when you are completely understand that it's summer and it's crazy with peeps dropping the stimulus money lol.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Our house is all propane , were on a keep full plan . Just paid $250 for 1/2 a tank

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
You dont get a full tank with Blue Rhino! And pay twice as much!

Stop using them and just get your own tanks filled!
I had to buy a new tank for the Blackstone a while back so I grabbed one from Walmart it's either a Blue Rhino or Amerigas can't remember. Anyway I had it filled at a KOA and it was much heavier than the factory fill it got

RVRKID

Reaction score
Get the natural gas conversion Quick Connect kit for whatever you're using, drill out the orifice(s) slightly bigger, and enjoy unlimited fuel.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Just got a new to me BBQ and want to change it over, where did you get the kit?
IMG_0190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
Go to uhaul. They don't short fill. Plus they have rv size.tanks you can buy

Andy B.

Reaction score

I pay $1.79 here in Vegas at the shell station on windmill and 215 .

707dog

Reaction score
You dont get a full tank with Blue Rhino! And pay twice as much!

Stop using them and just get your own tanks filled!
This here with all the tank exchanges... the guy delivering tanks told me they are not filled all the way usually around a gallon short or more. Told me to exchange for to new tanks keep them and just have the station refill half the price of a exchange

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
This here with all the tank exchanges... the guy delivering tanks told me they are not filled all the way usually around a gallon short or more. Told me to exchange for to new tanks keep them and just have the station refill half the price of a exchange
They definitely make a bundle on those exchanges. The last time I was at Praxair to fill mine up they would only recertify my 7.5 gallon tank I had two 5 Gallon tanks that were out of date they would only exchange, I said no then they asked me if they wanted them “dispose” them. LOL
What a racket.🙄

Spudsbud

Reaction score
If expired Cert date.... (every 5 years?) they need hydroed. Federal law!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Man I have a BR tank I got at Home Depot. I Q easy at least once or twice a week. It's been on the Q for months.

I'd think you would know right away if it was short filled, those tanks are pretty heavy when they are full. Plus they don't slosh a whole lot when full.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I went down to U-haul last week to get my bottle filled...due to COVID, all they are filling is larger tanks...the standard 5 gallon tanks are being exchanged. I brought my lie detector (bathroom scale) and pre-filled tank came out at 34lbs. Tare weight on the tank is listed at 16.6, but I'm seeing a bit over 17lbs with the valve. That comes right to a little less than 4 gallons. Pissed me off, but no other option when the food was half cooked at home.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ve been swapping at my local Wal Mart. They have an automated cage, it’s like $14 to swap there, and since it’s automated, I can do the transaction 24/7.

Double Live Gonzo

Reaction score
I use these guys:

www.cynch.com

They fill the same as Blue Rino, but deliver for free. Just leave the empty tank in the driveway and they come by and do the swap.