WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Propane

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Anyone use Cynch for home delivery for BBQ style propane? A friend referred me a few months ago, Load the app. they deliver to most areas.
$22.99 for a replacement and $59.99 for a extra tank. Finding a place that had replacement tanks was a pain in the ass, Now just order, leave empties on the porch and new ones show up

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Anyone use Cynch for home delivery for BBQ style propane? A friend referred me a few months ago, Load the app. they deliver to most areas.
$22.99 for a replacement and $59.99 for a extra tank. Finding a place that had replacement tanks was a pain in the ass, Now just order, leave empties on the porch and new ones show up
That's pretty sweet, i'll have to check that out! I hate going to get the tanks exchanged, 1/2 the time I drive around to 2-3 spots and they don't have it in stock. Not many places fill propane in thousand oaks either

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Grab a scale and check the weight of a new tank...I bet it ain't full, much like all the other shitty exchange tanks.

For a few bucks less than an exchange, I get an extra gallon when I fill my tanks at the Uhaul place.

77charger

Reaction score
My old work place we used propane daily for kettles we had our own fill station.Now that i go back to work atleast once a month i take my empty and refill it for my trailer.

Im not use to getting tanks filled but around here i have 2 places close by i can if needed.

bocco

Reaction score
Grab a scale and check the weight of a new tank...I bet it ain't full, much like all the other shitty exchange tanks.

For a few bucks less than an exchange, I get an extra gallon when I fill my tanks at the Uhaul place.
X2 for Uhaul. The exchange tanks are never full and you always give some back because you usually turn in tanks that aren't empty.

Meaney77

Reaction score
That's pretty sweet, i'll have to check that out! I hate going to get the tanks exchanged, 1/2 the time I drive around to 2-3 spots and they don't have it in stock. Not many places fill propane in thousand oaks either
Wendy gas, they also fill by the gallon with no minimum.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score

beat me to the big question. Is it actually full?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I quit exchanging a few years ago and now take it to get filled 2.89/gal

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
My new tanks should be here Monday and I will scale them, What should a full tank weigh?

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
One of the big nationwide propane companies had to settle a suit for underfilling the exchange bottles not to long ago. One pound or so over a few million exchanges really adds up

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
a bit off topic .. We live aways out of town and heat with propane, The past two years they allow us to "prebuy" "X" gallons of propane at a locked price .... Glad we did this year in January anticipating a sharp rise .... also just bought 2000 lbs of pellets for $269 (40 LB bags)

HitIt

Reaction score
My new tanks should be here Monday and I will scale them, What should a full tank weigh?
A standard 20 pound bbq tank weighs around 17 pounds empty. So if full, it would weight 37 pounds. The exchange places only put between 15 and 17 pounds in them though. My bet is that is weighs 32 - 34 pounds when you get it.

edit: Just checked, Cynch says they fill to 15 pounds.

Our tanks are inspected and precision-filled with 15 pounds of propane, which is the industry standard and is the same as cylinders sold at nearly all large retail outlets.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Barbecue tanks way around 37 pounds plus or minus. Seems every time I pick up an exchange it’s 32 to 34 pounds. What a racket! 😡

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
A standard 20 pound bbq tank weighs around 17 pounds empty. So if full, it would weight 37 pounds. The exchange places only put between 15 and 17 pounds in them though. My bet is that is weighs 32 - 34 pounds when you get it.

Beat me to it.😂

81Sprint

Reaction score
I fill mine at Costco, cheapest i have found

lbhsbz

Reaction score

you can't fill them all the way up. Usually an empty will take about 3.5-4.5 gallons, depending on the weather. The difference is, when you get them filled you pay for what you get. When you exchange you pay for a full tank and get what they give you. I would weigh your new Cynch bottle when it arrives and again when you kill it, and also weigh your empty before they pick it up. It's not hard to check if they're full of shit or not.

Here's some good info on propane and propane tanks.

HitIt

Reaction score
you can't fill them all the way up.
I actually coincidentally just filled my 20 and 30 pound tanks. They unscrew the bleeder screw until liquid propane comes out. I would say that is pretty full. I will weigh it before I use any and report back.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
As long as they have a good Tank Wipe. That is all that matters. :)

Singleton

Reaction score

I only use the exchange when the date on the tank is old and requires a new tank. And I know going in the tank will only be filled 75% of the way.

I use a local propane place and they refill to the top.

DLC

Reaction score
Any good places to refill in HAVASU?

I know tractor supply does it but the are sticklers for current date codes on the tank….

boatpi

Reaction score
I converted my BBQ to NG years ago, best thing I ever did. And the temp is insane, around 650 degrees for steak!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Any good places to refill in HAVASU?

I know tractor supply does it but the are sticklers for current date codes on the tank….
I think its called Sundance gas station. Its the place next to the self car wash and the fire station on LH Blvd

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
The 20-pound tanks, sold under the Blue Rhino brand, normally hold 17 to 18 pounds of propane to guard against expanding gas. With propane prices rising in 2008, the suit alleged that Ferrellgas and AmeriGas conspired to reduce the amount to 15 pounds and charge the same price without telling customers.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I just bought two new 30 pound tanks so I have back ups for my fifth wheel trailer plus I have three 10 pound tanks. I have places all around me here that fill propane at $2.89 a gallon.

Besides the fifth wheel I have my Blackstone griddle and a gas grill I rarely use and a couple of Honda generators for emergencies so I keep propane around. The price is steady and there’s no issue with storing them in the tanks unlike gasoline or diesel fuel cans.

Reactions: DLC

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
From doing torch down, I have maybe 10 5gl and 2 30gl left from other stuff. The 5's I refill until the date is up, then they get exchanged at a Blue Rhino outfit. Works out good, I keep 3 at the river, the rest here. Never have a BBQ emergency.
The 30's are kept full incase the propane service for the house "forgets" to see us.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I secure carry my empties with me in the desert in the winter.

A feed store in Inyokern takes a propane delivery at the end of each month.
He gets a special low rate in volume purchases so he has to make room for the delivery in his tank so he rolls out a sign advertising almost half off (compared to my home station cost) before the delivery arrives.
I refill then.

We've been heating the RV with electric because getting gasoline for the generator is way easier a hell of a lot less hassle than getting the propane tanks refilled and musclefucking them about. Not much difference in cost either. Worth the convenience.

gqchris

Reaction score
I like convenience. Paying a couple extra bucks allows me to bill more billable hours.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
From doing torch down, I have maybe 10 5gl and 2 30gl left from other stuff. The 5's I refill until the date is up, then they get exchanged at a Blue Rhino outfit. Works out good, I keep 3 at the river, the rest here. Never have a BBQ emergency.
The 30's are kept full incase the propane service for the house "forgets" to see us.
Be careful...I've had a few Blue Rhino tanks from exchange places that are already out of date. Blue Rhino just fills them and repaints them I guess.

That being said, the place I get them filled looks at dates but doesn't give a shit unless the tanks look old and rusty. If you have to do an exchange, check the dates and pick a new one or at least find one that doesn't look like it's been rattle canned over rust and old pealing paint.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If it’s 7 Gallons for $22.99 that’s a great deal. I have a feeling it’s like most exchanges and they’re only pumping 4-5 gallons into an empty tank? That’s how they profit over the DIY refills

Jimmyv

Reaction score
I found a couple old propane tanks left behind a property I bought, Both 10 years out of date and so old the valves didn't have the external threads and the valve knobs themselves were round instead of triangular.

Swapped ‘em both at the gas station for ”partially filled” exchanges and felt no moral scruples after all the years of 15lb fills I overpaid for.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I just use Temecula RV (SoCal) for the fill. They fill till the bleeder hits gas and charge per gal. I normally run them until the fire goes out and get just over 4 gal into each tank on the fill. 3 tanks for $30-40 depending on pricing. It’s been in the $3s before and still cheaper than an exchange and hassle of tanks. The valet service being the same price as a normal exchange isn’t a horrible deal though. If I didn’t have a local business I would take that over a gas station exchange any day.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Newsom is banning propane and natural gas in 2028. Better get your makita 18v bbq now