WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Propeller Recommendation for a 2003 Laveycraft 2750

Motordude0616

Reaction score
Currently wrapping up a repower on a 2750 Laveycraft with a Supercharged 572 BBC that should dyno in the 1,000hp range. Outdrive will be a Teague Bravo one with 1.50 gear ratio. I currently have a few old Bravo 1’s laying around the shop in a 30 pitch and Gibbs warmed over 32 pitch. All props have the flared barrels. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

B. Rainey

Reaction score
Following... Have the same boat and love it. Who did the motor? I'm Considering Alexi at Bostpower for our upgrade when the time comes.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Currently wrapping up a repower on a 2750 Laveycraft with a Supercharged 572 BBC that should dyno in the 1,000hp range. Outdrive will be a Teague Bravo one with 1.75 gear ratio. I currently have a few old Bravo 1’s laying around the shop in a 30 pitch and Gibbs warmed over 32 pitch. All props have the flared barrels. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Max 5 all the way. If your able to get ahold of some stock bravo ones to collect some data it will help you pick the right pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

farmo83

Reaction score
Following... Have the same boat and love it. Who did the motor? I'm Considering Alexi at Bostpower for our upgrade when the time comes.

He has my boat now, super good guy to deal with and very down to earth

Yoshiro

Reaction score
I'm thinking a 1.75 ratio will put you out of prop pitch choices? I think a 1.5 would be pushing it. Better off 1.36.

Motordude0616

Reaction score
Curious why the 1.75 ratio? Seems with that power the more common is to go from the 1.5 up to a 1.32 ratio.
That is the current ratio I have on the Bravo One is 1.5. I mixed up my 300R gear ratio from my 21’ F-2 when I drafted this post last night. I haven’t taken the drive to Teague yet for the new gear sets. I never considered changing to the 1.32. With that arrangement I could run a smaller pitched prop. The other high horsepower Lavey 2750 that I know is running a 1.5 ratio with great success.

Motordude0616

Reaction score
I purchased the short deck from Steve Schmidt Racing out of the Midwest. Jim Barnard finished out the build for me at his shop. To be honest, if I did it again I would have just gone with a 632 with the Brodix 20* heads. The set up yields 950HP without the headaches of a blower.

Last edited:

lavey jr

Reaction score
Handful of things to consider here.
What year is your 2750? There are different bottom variations based on the year of a 2750.
DO NOT change the drive to a 1.34 keep it at a 1.50
What's your rev limiter going to be and what's your target max RPM you want to run?
Are you interested in top speed? Mid range? Low speed? All around performance?

Motordude0616

Reaction score
Handful of things to consider here.
What year is your 2750? There are different bottom variations based on the year of a 2750.
DO NOT change the drive to a 1.34 keep it at a 1.50
What's your rev limiter going to be and what's your target max RPM you want to run?
Are you interested in top speed? Mid range? Low speed? All around performance?
The Lavey is an 03’. I’m looking for overall efficient performance. Regarding the rev limiter, I don’t see spinning the engine much past 5,500. I would like to cruise the boat in the 3500-4000 range.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
The Lavey is an 03’. I’m looking for overall efficient performance. Regarding the rev limiter, I don’t see spinning the engine much past 5,500. I would like to cruise the boat in the 3500-4000 range.

I have a 02 2750, 496 power. I run a max 5. Seems to be the best. I used a cutting edge 5 blade for a while that worked great. The bravo 1 is also a good choice. All I have noticed on the hull is it doesn’t do well when over propped. Id borrow some stock bravos until you find the right pitch then start testing others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lavey jr

Reaction score

Being an 03’ it’s most likely what Lavey would call the “full bottom” unless it’s been altered to the updated bottom. The updated bottom isn’t necessarily an entirely new bottom design but had a couple of the strakes removed to create less lift to help settle the boat down at higher speeds and higher horsepower.

From my testing on the 2750, if overall efficient performance and cruise speed is what you’re looking for it’ll be either the Max5 or Maximus. The Maximus will be better for the cruise speed and lower speed efficiency. The Max 5 will be very close to those numbers but will provide you with a better top speed and slightly better handling overall.
If top speed is what you’re after it’ll be a close call between a Max 5 and Bravo1 prop. Each boat reacts slightly different and I’ve had the Bravo1 be faster than the Max 5 but it will lose a little bit of the handling on the top end.
Pitch will most likely be in the 28-30 range for the 5 blades and 30 for the 4 blade.

I’ve tested a few 2750’s with 800-1000hp trying the 1.50 spinning a bigger pitch vs 1.36 spinning a smaller pitch. In all cases the 2750 reacted best with the 1.50 through all performance numbers.

Motordude0616

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the advise! Engine is headed to dyno on Monday and I’m hoping to get it set next week and finish out the rigging.

lavey jr

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the advise! Engine is headed to dyno on Monday and I’m hoping to get it set next week and finish out the rigging.

Feel free to send me a message at any time if you have any questions at all about your Lavey. I can answer just about any question you have and if I don’t happen to know the answer I can get it for you very quickly.

Motordude0616

Reaction score
Feel free to send me a message at any time if you have any questions at all about your Lavey. I can answer just about any question you have and if I don’t happen to know the answer I can get it for you very quickly.
Much appreciated!