WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Proposed Offroad legislation -READ THIS!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Got this off pat Richter’s fb

HERE IT COMES: Steven Latoski the Mohave County Public Works Director is recommending a new subsection under state law specific to Off-highway vehicle safety! Latoski is recommending several changes to include: speed limits for off-road vehicles, NO driving on any paved roads , 16 as the minimum age to operate an off-road vehicle, a Helmet and seatbelt requirement, and the requirement that all operators must take a safety course. The Mohave County Board of Supervisors are scheduled to review Latoski's legislative proposal on this Monday, 8/2/21, and heard in September at the AZ Counties Supervisors Summit in September. Start getting proactive in stopping this Government attempt to legislate common sense. This is TOTAL BS!!!!!

Anyone heard of this or know what we need to do to tell this guy to get F’d?

PlanB

Reaction score
This guy can get fucked, but I wonder if having a SXS that is registered as a primarily on-highway vehicle would make a difference?

Universal Elements

Reaction score
You need to show up at that meeting on Monday, Aug 2nd with a large group of people who are local and have sxs. There will be a time when you you’re able to speak. I believe it’s 3 minutes. Everyone should state their case why asshats proposal will jeopardize the tourism of Mohave County.

We went through something like this on May 2021. Our issue was regarding land parcels. Here is the meeting, all of us that live in Cedar Ranches went to. Our issue starts at 39:00 minutes. The motion was denied. In our favor, one of the supervisors lives in our community.

There may be other meetings after this one. Show up and keep pounding the message. Rally as many people as possible. Even through emails written to the board members. Don’t stop and give up. I have a orthopedic surgeon appointment on Monday otherwise I’d go. I’ll send emails to the supervisors and watch the proceedings on my laptop when I get home. This affects all of us too in our community.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Imagine...this goofball, who has probably never ridden anything motorized, is making decisions on what you can do in AZ.
20210729_232937.jpg

Last edited:

76sanger

Reaction score
Every person that has an off road vehicle of any kind had better be at that meeting if you live within three hours of Kingman. And if you don't have an off road vehicle but like boating and can make it to the meeting I suggest that you do as well. You need to make it known VERY LOUD AND CLEAR that you like(LOVE) the freedoms of Mohave County! That recreational freedom is the lifeblood of the Colorado river system, (monetarily wise) be it off roading or boating. I would suggest as well that everybody that gives a crap about this, (WHICH SHOULD BE EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON RDP) should look up and write in or call "no matter where you live" this "Steven Latoski at the Mohave County Public Works Director" and voice your opposition of this craziness. You won't regret that you did, you may regret that you didn't!!!
I've said it before, you can always tell when a Town, City or state is starting or has become democratic Nazi liberial, they constantly are passing any kind of law or you start to see all kinds of signage everywhere saying no, no, no, no. Its a F-ing epidemic with NAZIS!

arch stanton

Reaction score
The only way to stop the liberal do-gooder wave that is leaving California and coming for your freedom is if they fear you, while you may stall some of the rules they will slowly enact restriction after restriction it may take years but they will not give up.
They go to parties and talk about how they can make your life safer and how you need their guidance this what they like doing the same as we like offloading and boating.

Taboma

Reaction score
This guy holds a PE in Civil Engineering in numerous states, is from New York, and has written several publications on Traffic and Transportation.
He's out to make a name and be glorified with more awards then he's already got a wall full of.

If you spend a couple of minutes on his Linkedin page, all this becomes blatantly evident. He's brining Urban thinking to a rural lifestyle, bad news.

Steve Latoski.jpg

c_land

Reaction score
Keep in mind that this guy is just the Public Works Director. While he can make recommendations to the board, he cannot enact any new action without board sponsorship.

letting your supervisors know that you are NOT interested in this proposal will make this guy’s pitch very difficult. The board members usually want to keep their jobs, so tie their potential action to giving them your future votes.

Edit: Just realized he wanted the BOS to pitch this to the state legislature. While the above will still be the a good approach, contacting your state reps will be helpful as well

Last edited:

calkid

Reaction score
This guy holds a PE in Civil Engineering in numerous states, is from New York, and has written several publications on Traffic and Transportation.
He's out to make a name and be glorified with more awards then he's already got a wall full of.

If you spend a couple of minutes on his Linkedin page, all this becomes blatantly evident. He's brining Urban thinking to a rural lifestyle, bad news.

View attachment 1031582
My guess is that the 10 million in federal funds that he secured, have some off road management requirements attached somewhere.
It's possible that he made a "deal with the devil" to make himself look good and fucked everyone else. Find the grant that the requirement is attached to and send it back.

Taboma

Reaction score
Keep in mind that this guy is just the Public Works Director. While he can make recommendations to the board, he cannot enact any new action without board sponsorship.

letting your supervisors know that you are NOT interested in this proposal will make this guy’s pitch very difficult. The board members usually want to keep their jobs, so tie their potential action to giving them your future votes.

Edit: Just realized he wanted the BOS to pitch this to the state legislature. While the above will still be the a good approach, contacting your state reps will be helpful as well

I'm curious exactly the extent of his or even the BOS's ability to enact legislation pertaining to motor vehicles, on or off road. As you pointed out, his goal is at the state level and in fact, I'd imagine HIS personal goal's are all about attaining a big seat at the State Table. This guy has credentials up the wazoo and politicians will listen.

c_land

Reaction score
I'm curious exactly the extent of his or even the BOS's ability to enact legislation pertaining to motor vehicles, on or off road. As you pointed out, his goal is at the state level and in fact, I'd imagine HIS personal goal's are all about attaining a big seat at the State Table. This guy has credentials up the wazoo and politicians will listen.

When I re read it, I picked up that he wants Mohave co. BOS to present it at the AZ County Supervisors Summit. So they would present to the entire state’s county governments.

Taboma

Reaction score
When I re read it, I picked up that he wants Mohave co. BOS to present it at the AZ County Supervisors Summit. So they would present to the entire state’s county governments.

I had dealings with this guy indirectly during this past year. Had to do with having the county accept a section of private dirt road for county maintenance. I won't bore you with the various landowner's being at odds over it, but once Steve got onboard, it passed the BOS vote, no problem.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look like the Dr. Used the forceps incorrectly on this douche?

His profile is a big crock of shit. There's literally one event by name that he probably wasn't even in charge of, he was More than likely on the traffic control committee for the event.

The rest is just key words that if an employer was looking for a candidate his profile would pop up.

Mohave county isn't exactly the pinnacle of traffic control engineering. We all know this. So him moving from new York to Mohave county explains a lot about his career. He sucks!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
If you want to cut down on off road injuries, then just cut out off roading. His logic is sound. LOL

These lefties want the entire world for just hikers. Even in places where no one would hike.

Their strategy seem to be the death of a thousand cuts. The beaurocrats know that it is a better strategy to take our rights a little bit at a time.
Death by duck nibbles as they say.

c_land

Reaction score
Got this off pat Richter’s fb

HERE IT COMES: Steven Latoski the Mohave County Public Works Director is recommending a new subsection under state law specific to Off-highway vehicle safety! Latoski is recommending several changes to include: speed limits for off-road vehicles, NO driving on any paved roads , 16 as the minimum age to operate an off-road vehicle, a Helmet and seatbelt requirement, and the requirement that all operators must take a safety course. The Mohave County Board of Supervisors are scheduled to review Latoski's legislative proposal on this Monday, 8/2/21, and heard in September at the AZ Counties Supervisors Summit in September. Start getting proactive in stopping this Government attempt to legislate common sense. This is TOTAL BS!!!!!

Anyone heard of this or know what we need to do to tell this guy to get F’d?

Did the facebook post link to anything regarding the Director's proposed action? I am writing an email to the Supervisor.

Taboma

Reaction score
I can't find anything on the Agenda for the Aug 2 BOS meeting pertaining to this subject.
Here's a link to the portal that allows you to open the proposed agenda.

Here's the agenda (assuming this link works, if not use the previous one)

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm not an off-road guy . . . but I will say this, We (the fisherman) got 'RAIL-ROADED' with the Marine Life Protection Act here in So Cal. It was a Federally Mandated thing, but there are some similarities in regards to restrictions.

My advice to all of you is to 'BAND TOGETHER NOW', this type of shit starts out as a tiny little fire, before you know it's burning out of control. Do everything in your power to stomp it out now , even if it takes some of your free time, costs you a little money etc. . Make it happen

Don't make the mistake of thinking someone else will handle it for you, and don't be stupid and think, "ohhh that'll never happen, nobody would ever vote for that". Trust me.

Captain Dan

Reaction score
The only way to stop the liberal do-gooder wave that is leaving California and coming for your freedom is if they fear you, while you may stall some of the rules they will slowly enact restriction after restriction it may take years but they will not give up.
They go to parties and talk about how they can make your life safer and how you need their guidance this what they like doing the same as we like offloading and boating.
11 posts in before someone blames it on CA. Looks like AZ is fucking this one up all on its own.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Except the liberal do-gooders are being raised in AZ right under your nose at the colleges. You can’t blame everything on CA.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I don’t see how mandating sensible speed limits, a minimum age to operate an off-road vehicle, wearing helmets and seatbelts or requiring all operators to take a safety course is a bad thing if it’s ment to save lives……
🤪
It’s call freedom
Do what you want to do .
Want to be rules and mandatory laws move to calif.

azsunfun

Reaction score
the left are actually dumb as rocks, a true lefty would just claim fuel caffe standards, noise and dust reduction, then everybody will get on board! lol

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Don't get into fingerpointing dem vs repub, lib vs conserv. CA vs AZ, now's not the time,
I'm telling you, get organized, get vocal, spread the word, make a flyer & take it down to every off-road shop or Rv Place and fill them in, many people will not even know what's going on . . . potentially until it's too late.
Now is a great time to pull together to squash shit like this. People are just looking for a legit reason to fight for their rights.
RDP is a great platform to fight-off shit like this, use it.

Taboma

Reaction score
Come on folks, you're all distracted by the symptoms and consequences. Look at the Disease and then ask yourself if you can truly expect otherwise.

TO MANY PEOPLE, that's the disease.

The more people, the more need for control, no different than if you had one child, versus six or eight.

You can fight, you can scream, but Havasu ain't never going to be like the good ole days, and neither is Mohave County.

Not one of you who's been to Havasu and watched as the number of SxS on the roads went from a couple to a shit-load should be shocked, it's the expected consequence.
There's no cure, you can just try to keep kicking the can and delay the inevitable.

Taboma

Reaction score
Don't get into fingerpointing dem vs repub, lib vs conserv. CA vs AZ, now's not the time,
I'm telling you, get organized, get vocal, spread the word, make a flyer & take it down to every off-road shop or Rv Place and fill them in, many people will not even know what's going on . . . potentially until it's too late.
Now is a great time to pull together to squash shit like this. People are just looking for a legit reason to fight for their rights.
RDP is a great platform to fight-off shit like this, use it.

There's no squashing it, there's only delaying it. Unless of course suddenly everybody finds a new favorite place to boat and offroad, highly unlikely.

In the 60's as a child I watched as they cut down all the miles of surrounding orange groves and built homes, there was no going back.
You want it different, go where there's nobody, like Havasu used to be, but enjoy it while you can, because nobody doesn't last long anymore, especially thanks to the internet.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score

View attachment 1031582
So he's basically an overpaid / glorified Crossing Guard ! LOL.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I can't find anything on the Agenda for the Aug 2 BOS meeting pertaining to this subject.
Here's a link to the portal that allows you to open the proposed agenda.

Here's the agenda (assuming this link works, if not use the previous one)

The agenda will be up either today or definitely Monday morning

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So will the people renting UTVs have to take a safety course?

Asking for a friend.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Come on folks, you're all distracted by the symptoms and consequences. Look at the Disease and then ask yourself if you can truly expect otherwise.

The more people, the more need for control, no different than if you had one child, versus six or eight.

You can fight, you can scream, but Havasu ain't never going to be like the good ole days, and neither is Mohave County.

Not one of you who's been to Havasu and watched as the number of SxS on the roads went from a couple to a shit-load should be shocked, it's the expected consequence.
There's no cure, you can just try to keep kicking the can and delay the inevitable.

Who is it harming having them on the street? What is the impact? They are licensed as motorcycles, so what is the difference? This comes at a time when more and more states are allowing them on the streets.. like half the country does now.

There are UTV models specifically for kids 10 and older.. what happens to those if you have to be 16 to operate them?

This is the case of a person in power that had his neighbor whine to him about all the SXS driving by his house, and has no idea about the actual vehicles available or the industry.

Taboma

Reaction score
So he's basically an overpaid / glorified Crossing Guard ! LOL.

You could only hope that were true, just the opposite I'm afraid. When he speaks or writes, people in high places pay attention.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

Don’t give Pfizer or J&J any ideas….

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
There's no squashing it, there's only delaying it. Unless of course suddenly everybody finds a new favorite place to boat and offroad, highly unlikely.

In the 60's as a child I watched as they cut down all the miles of surrounding orange groves and built homes, there was no going back.
You want it different, go where there's nobody, like Havasu used to be, but enjoy it while you can, because nobody doesn't last long anymore, especially thanks to the internet.
I won't argue w/ you, and I also don't 'pack-up and leave' because the 'inevitable' . . . I hold on to hope maybe a little more than you and do something about it, . . .call me dumb . . . the old saying, “Those who forget their history are condemned to repeat it" is always in the back of my mind . . . and I don't really subscribe to the 'Preacher of Doom' theory . . . but that's just me.