WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Props to Saleen Fiberglass

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Needed to have the keel fixed along with the swim step and some misc scratches. Pedro and crew did the work on time when they said they would and sent pics through the process updating their progress. I would highly recommend them for any of your gelcoat needs. Thanks Saleen!
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ13

Reaction score
what did it run to have the Keel done.

kevnmcd

Reaction score
what did it run to have the Keel done.
It really depends on the condition and the size of boat so you should really talk to Pedro. I can say that I thought it was very reasonable for a 30' IMO.

AJ13

Reaction score
It really depends on the condition and the size of boat so you should really talk to Pedro. I can say that I thought it was very reasonable for a 30' IMO.
OK THANKS

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Not knocking your boat. But better hope the keel repairs don’t come off when you hit the water the first time.

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Not knocking your boat. But better hope the keel repairs don’t come off when you hit the water the first time.
Why would you say that? Did you have an issue before? Pedro (Saleen) did my keel 5 or 6 years ago and I didn't have any problems with it. The only reason it needed to be done again is from beaching it. It is a heavy boat so beaching it takes a toll on the gel on the keel.

gqchris

Reaction score

Just curious why everyone keeps it a secret what things cost? Sorry not just pointing you out, but I noticed its always a secret here......... boat prices, detail price, you name it.

I feel like if we all knew it would be advantageous to us all. Are we protecting the vendors so they can "shoot from the hip" on each deal?

Singleton

Reaction score

Need more data if you going to post something like that. Never seen an issue with Pedro.
My last keel repair got f’d up when loading the boat on the trailer after going dead floating out front of the Nautical ramp.

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Just curious why everyone keeps it a secret what things cost? Sorry not just pointing you out, but I noticed its always a secret here......... boat prices, detail price, you name it.

I feel like if we all knew it would be advantageous to us all. Are we protecting the vendors so they can "shoot from the hip" on each deal?

Like I stated, it really depends on what condition it is in. Every boat isn't going to be the same so I don't want to quote my price when others may be worse and he/she uses my quote as a benchmark and then blast them saying they are overcharging. If someone want to PM me about it that is different but I don't want to put it out there for the whole WWW to see. Just my personal preference.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
My brother just had pedro do the keel on his hallett 210 . around $800.. Came out great! I had him do some work on my old ultra. Was totally happy with it..

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Need more data if you going to post something like that. Never seen an issue with Pedro.
My last keel repair got f’d up when loading the boat on the trailer after going dead floating out front of the Nautical ramp.

I'm curious as to the post as well. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Pedro.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My brother just had pedro do the keel on his hallett 210 . around $800.. Came out great! I had him do some work on my old ultra. Was totally happy with it..

I need my Keel(s) done on my 28' cat, they're pretty hammered. Sounds like I need to give them a call

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
72D48FD8-4E75-45FE-AF7A-4F9DE3B4917B.jpeg
Is this how a gel repair should look when you first take it out? I didn’t ask for a knockdown finish/eggshell finish or bubbling I have more pics but I’m over it. Ron at Ron’s fiberglass saw the hack job he did as well as Paul from MOM. Paul recommended Ron’s and have been 3 seasons with no issues and looks good as new. Also I beach my boat and Saleen was my first repair since I owned the boat since new. I had the boat 6 years before needing sponson repair. I never drive the boat onto the beach I always walk it up or push it out. Still on the same stock impeller housing without a grain of sand to touch it. My skeg still looks new as well. It seems it was just sprayed over the areas that needed repair no prep work. The repairs came off immediately after first time use. No call back or anything after multiple attempts I just moved on. I also gave it about a month to cure before using. I try to get my repairs done early before the season. Your Hallett looks better than mine did I’m just sharing my experience. I believe member mohavalley had also a not so good experience that never was followed up on

Singleton

Reaction score
View attachment 735450
Is this how a gel repair should look when you first take it out? I didn’t ask for a knockdown finish/eggshell finish or bubbling I have more pics but I’m over it. Ron at Ron’s fiberglass saw the hack job he did as well as Paul from MOM. Paul recommended Ron’s and have been 3 seasons with no issues and looks good as new. Also I beach my boat and Saleen was my first repair since I owned the boat since new. I had the boat 6 years before needing sponson repair. I never drive the boat onto the beach I always walk it up or push it out. Still on the same stock impeller housing without a grain of sand to touch it. My skeg still looks new as well. It seems it was just sprayed over the areas that needed repair no prep work. The repairs came off immediately after first time use. No call back or anything after multiple attempts I just moved on. I also gave it about a month to cure before using. I try to get my repairs done early before the season. Your Hallett looks better than mine did I’m just sharing my experience. I believe member mohavalley had also a not so good experience that never was followed up on

Based on photos posted, that was a shit repair job and understand your frustrations.
If you would of posted the pics with that statement I don’t think anyone would of questioned your statement.