WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Props

Duramax

Reaction score
Do these look like Mercury Racing's old humpback cleavers? I will take the hubs off this weekend and see if there is a stamping, I just wanted to see what you guys thought.
merc.png
prop.png

Duramax

Reaction score
Yes those are humbacks
Maybe I am confused. I know they are humpbacks, I want to know if these are from Mercury Racing. Or, are you saying that nobody made a humpback cleaver except for Mercury Racing?

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Mercury is the only ones that made Humbacks like that

Duramax

Reaction score
Wanna sell them ? lol
No, I am going to keep them. I have these (28's) and a set of Mazco OS 3 blade 32's. I love the humpbacks for sure as I ran them all summer, lol.

I see them pop up for sale on S&F from time to time. Have you checked there?

stoker2001

Reaction score
Humpbacks are just OK IMO..My buds Mach26 has 32s with 300x motors and they struggle BAD to get boat on plane!I realize Mach26s with outboards aren't fastest planeing boats,but the 300X are most powerful 2smoke Merc ever made..
these are 15" diameter,i understand HBs came in 14.5 also.Early versions had non-removable hub,so would only fit small 15 spline shafts

AHQVegas

Reaction score
I’ve got a set of 28’s like these for sale!
pm me some pics over id like to check them out
Humpbacks are just OK IMO..My buds Mach26 has 32s with 300x motors and they struggle BAD to get boat on plane!I realize Mach26s with outboards aren't fastest planeing boats,but the 300X are most powerful 2smoke Merc ever made..
these are 15" diameter,i understand HBs came in 14.5 also.Early versions had non-removable hub,so would only fit small 15 spline shafts
Wonder if the 32P was the problem .. ?

stoker2001

Reaction score
pm me some pics over id like to check them out

Wonder if the 32P was the problem .. ?
32 is a lot for helping planning times,but they seem to cavitate a lot also.Its a catch-22,less pitch would be good for holeshot,but would be on rev limiters and struggle to hit triple digits..