WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Proud dad moment

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
My son is 21. He’s been working since 16 and been paying for his own expenses except for car and insurance since 18. I’ve given him a credit card for emergencies but he never uses it. He’s in his last semester of college and will graduate in June.

Being a father is one of the hardest jobs. I'm always worried and thinking if my kids will make it in this world as far as getting a good job, making a great career, and earning a good living to support a wife and kids. This is the text I just got from him. Makes me proud. He’s going to be just fine. [emoji4]

IMG_7362.png

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Very cool. Both my kids are taking classes and my dumb ass said mom and I will pick up your books and supplies.

Bear Down

Reaction score
My son is 21. He’s been working since 16 and been paying for his own expenses except for car and insurance since 18. I’ve given him a credit card for emergencies but he never uses it. He’s in his last semester of college and will graduate in June.

Being a father is one of the hardest jobs. I'm always worried and thinking if my kids will make it in this world as far as getting a good job, making a great career, and earning a good living to support a wife and kids. This is the text I just got from him. Makes me proud. He’s going to be just fine. [emoji4]

View attachment 837629

That is really Awesome and really something to be proud of. Lots of great kids out there, but not many of those that appreciate the things parents do/sacrifice for them. Great testament of being a positive role model, father and friend. Hitting on all points with your kids is really hard, have 3 (2 step, one blood) is a daily grind. Your son will be better than you are in a very positive way because you've lead by a great example... +100.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You guys did great.....actually, more like awesome.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I hope to be seeing things like that at the same age with my son.....
its the little things in life.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Awesome!!! Should be many more like this to come. Had a great Christmas this year when our son bought us dinner and a few gifts after telling him don’t spend any money on us.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

View attachment 837629
Excellent job, dude.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Great job dad. Way different text I get from my son.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Some of the best times in my life for sure is seeing our kids success. Congrats to you, well done!

DWC

Reaction score
Understanding the value of a dollar is huge at any age. Great job Shintoo

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
That’s some great parenting there. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Sounds like you did something right Shin. You have a good young man there.

jetur

Reaction score
Good Job Dad! You taught him to fish.

Joker

Reaction score
Those texts from your kid will stick with you forever.

Reactions: DWC

Xring01

Reaction score
Great to read about kids doing things right....