WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Proud Marys Is Gone......Pics

BajaMike

Reaction score
These were taken yesterday afternoon.....

They say it will re-open by Memorial Day.

29.JPG

Turks is still going strong........

35.JPG

This is a brand new power cat, for charter and whale watching, that was just put in service a couple days ago.

cat.JPG

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Great pix Mike.:beer
The power cats have an excellent ride.
It'd would be a fun charter/party.

Skankersore

Man Eater
Reaction score
Shit. Now Im craving the fish tacos from John's fish mkt there.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Great pix Mike.:beer
The power cats have an excellent ride.
It'd would be a fun charter/party.

There's a Hobie Alter designed power cat in the harbor, much different then the one pictured above. It's more like a big, powerfull sport fisherman type boat, I think about 45 feet long.

I've been out on that one (I think it's named Manatee or something with an "M"), and it's fast and confortable for such a big boat, it just cuts through the swells at about 40 mph with 30 people on board.....

Nice!

:drnkfr

Not So Fast

Reaction score
We used to like going to the Jolly Roger for breakfast and watch the launch ramp follies from upstairs. My favorite was the Trash Can Skillet, little bit of everything in it:D NSF

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hey Mike...Rumor is that you had the cook make you some bad eggs one morning so you burnt that bitch down. Any truth to the rumor?

:)

BajaMike

Reaction score
Hey Mike...Rumor is that you had the cook make you some bad eggs one morning so you burnt that bitch down. Any truth to the rumor?

:)

Ouch.....Tom, I actually haven't eaten at Proud Marys for many years, lots of people like it, but they don't have liquor....just beer and wine, so I never go there.

So I'm "not guilty".....:D:D:D

I always go to Turks, where the food is good and they have the worlds strongest Bloody Marys (fill the glass with ice and vodka, and add a couple tablespoons of Bloody Mary mix)....my kinda drink.

:beer

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I can almost smell the waitresses at Wind n Sea:beer:D

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I knew Mary and her three sons. One of them lived across the street from me in high school. I used to work there right out of school. Now we eat there once or twice a year.

I heard they sold it several years ago, Mary moved to Colorado and not sure what happened to the kids. Kenny, one of the sons, invented the Pelican, it was a folding beach chair with a backpack and straps. I would help him build them after school.

Fond memories of that place and the family...

BajaMike

Reaction score
We used to like going to the Jolly Roger for breakfast and watch the launch ramp follies from upstairs. My favorite was the Trash Can Skillet, little bit of everything in it:D NSF

Jolly Roger is great.....one of the few places in the harbor with dock space (for 2 or 3 boats) where you can pull up and park and have a nice meal and some drinks.

And you can watch the ramp follies and lots of boat traffic.

linds

Reaction score
I am so sad to see it gone. They are going to rebuild right? Nothing like a Proud Mary's breakfast to cure a hang over! That was the best cure for until I moved :( I grew up going there and the Jolly Roger and the harbor is a great place to walk around... it will be sad to see it like this. At least Turks is still there :beer When Turk passed away a group of us went there to all take a shot together in memory of Turk... good times!

BajaMike

Reaction score
Yea, they are going to re-build it, the owners say it will be open by Memorial Day.