WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PSA. 2 more havasu days under 110 degrees until?

Singleton

Reaction score
Next week is looking ugly
Rolling into town next Wednesday night for Fathers Day weekend. Hoping the app is wrong

Attachments

• 43BE63C7-5BA1-403A-BF4D-1FE28546161D.png
    43BE63C7-5BA1-403A-BF4D-1FE28546161D.png
    438.3 KB · Views: 205

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It’s quite pleasant sitting out on the porch right now.😊

Reactions: DWC

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
just bought one of these for the garage. Works good

1623301104896.png

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
:eek: I guess it was good I left town for a week. Funny thing is that it is kind of cool here in Hawaii at the moment.

gqchris

Reaction score
Wont see under 110 for months.
Wear yore sunscreen kids

On a side note, our dermatologist said on Monday to stop using sunscreen and that in the next few months we will all be hearing about lawsuits regarding sunscreen chemicals and them causing cancer. I was like WTF? I said what do we use then? He said wear a long sleeve rash guard all the time!

copterzach

Reaction score
Heard this song whine flying yesterday. Thought about y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy B.

Reaction score
When I first saw thread I thought you were talking about your psa level 😆 If you're in your fifties thats good anything higher than 4 time for full blood work panel and prostate check. I was going to congratulate you 0n your low score.

I just noticed the psa and not the 110 Havasu part its early.

riverroyal

Reaction score
lol, prostate exam was a few months ago. I must have flushed 300 gallons of water the night before. Thats why theres a drought!

DWC

Reaction score
Looks like the pool will be at spa temps sooner than expected. Night time swim almost back on.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
On a side note, our dermatologist said on Monday to stop using sunscreen and that in the next few months we will all be hearing about lawsuits regarding sunscreen chemicals and them causing cancer. I was like WTF? I said what do we use then? He said wear a long sleeve rash guard all the time!

I prefer them...and a hat. I hate sunscreen.

2Driver

Reaction score
in the next few months we will all be hearing about lawsuits regarding sunscreen chemicals and them causing cancer.

Yep and baby powder causes cooter cancer and Round-up cause Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. 🙄

The perfect next target, defendant has billions and millions can join the class action - golden.

just_floatin

Reaction score
W0W. I have been applying sunscreen lotion all day everyday for the past 20 years right after a shower. 🤔
Reference page 12 to review some brand name results that tested + for benzene. Banana Boat is my sunscreen of choice.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
This our first and last full time summer in havasu, wife retires in January so we will be sunbirds next summer and leave for cooler weather June - Sept.

NicPaus

Reaction score
This weekend looks like last of the nice weather at night. Shows 67 tomorrow night and 91 by next Friday night. 120 day Temps already starting next week.

Singleton

Reaction score
This our first and last full time summer in havasu, wife retires in January so we will be sunbirds next summer and leave for cooler weather June - Sept.

You had the perfect setup with the cabin in Kingman Mountains.

HBCraig

Reaction score
That's all I wear now when I am coaching on the ball field. I put sunscreen on my neck and face with a long sleeve shirt

Springfield

Reaction score
1st dibbs on borrowing the boat. 😆 😂😂 need a house sitter?

Singleton

Reaction score
Yes, but we wanted flexibility to anywhere versus just one spot, ie lakefront in Tennessee for a month next year is booked already.

Sounds like fun. Tons of places to explore in this great country.
Told the wife we need to travel more in the summer since we both work remote now.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Damn, I'm coming on the 16th-20th, I rented a place on the river across from Needles.

grumpy88

Reaction score
How do people who airbnb there river pads afford the electric bill ? When we are in parker our ac runs 24/7 but thats only a handful of days a month .

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
How do people who airbnb there river pads afford the electric bill ? When we are in parker our ac runs 24/7 but thats only a handful of days a month .
Most folks I know have an app which tracks the AC usage as well as propane for hot tubs and they charge them back for it on departure.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Or run solar and not worry about it.

Boat 405

Reaction score

gqchris

Reaction score
Most folks I know have an app which tracks the AC usage as well as propane for hot tubs and they charge them back for it on departure.
Anyone that charges me for "AC usage" on a vacation house rental would not get my business again. All I do is AIRBNB and never have I had that occur. I am respectful and never turn lower than 75ish.

But with that being said, most of these rentals this last year are newbies and first time at the lake. So I doubt they care less if they got hit with that "fee".

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Anyone that charges me for "AC usage" on a vacation house rental would not get my business again. All I do is AIRBNB and never have I had that occur. I am respectful and never turn lower than 75ish.

But with that being said, most of these rentals this last year are newbies and first time at the lake. So I doubt they care less if they got hit with that "fee".
I think the bigger issue is propane and heating the pool or spa non stop all weekend

hallett21

Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is propane and heating the pool or spa non stop all weekend

We don’t have a pool so it’s just the A/C. We figured in a little extra to cover utilities.

We were just at a wedding Palm Springs a few weekends ago. You had to call the Airbnb homeowner to have the thermostat set below 78. And every degree below was $35 a day.

The worst part was I go outside and the condenser was circa 1995. No wonder it cost so much your POS system is a dinosaur.

gqchris

Reaction score
We don’t have a pool so it’s just the A/C. We figured in a little extra to cover utilities.

We were just at a wedding Palm Springs a few weekends ago. You had to call the Airbnb homeowner to have the thermostat set below 78. And every degree below was $35 a day.

The worst part was I go outside and the condenser was circa 1995. No wonder it cost so much your POS system is a dinosaur.

The owner controlled thermostats can go fuck themselves. Especially in a desert environment.

gqchris

Reaction score
Yea I can understand that, I have done that with a per day charge. That I am fine with.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

I'd be sure to leave a comment on AirBnB for others to be aware of. Was that mentioned in the listing before you rented it?