WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Public school curriculum BS

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Surely this can’t be news to you CA peeps?

2943FDB9-FAFE-47EA-B204-4301D0CB6869.jpeg

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
If you have a kid in public school watch this video... it's from the Long Beach Unified District where we live... THANK GOD our son is in private school (homeschooled last year)

We’re in Lakewood. Send our kids to Valley. Worth every penny!

Misslbhsbz

I approve this & lbhsbz message!
Reaction score
We’re in Lakewood. Send our kids to Valley. Worth every penny!
We're at LCS... love it there! For 5th grade I homeschooled(not distance learning) because of all the bullshit uncertainties but he will be back on campus for 6th grade bc I won't be able to homeschool with lbhsbz at home as well... I'll loose my ever lovin mind doing that lol

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Doctor's assign genders, really???? I think your X & Y genes do that! What absolute horse shit! And the kids being taught this crap will be running the asylum when we are in nursing homes!
I think you're confused.
The video says Dr's assign gender (male or female) at birth based on the body parts they see on the baby. I'm assuming this is for the birth certificate.
Why is this wrong??
......and based on some of the wingnuts having children these days, it seems to me having a Dr. do it at least gets the first step right.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think you're confused.
The video says Dr's assign gender (male or female) at birth based on the body parts they see on the baby. I'm assuming this is for the birth certificate.
Why is this wrong??
......and based on some of the wingnuts having children these days, it seems to me having a Dr. do it at least gets the first step right.

To be fair, these “woke progressives” can’t even figure out what a mom is...it’s way too much to ask for them to recognize what sex a baby is.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Unbelievable !! Sad for kids to have this BS in schools .

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
We're at LCS... love it there! For 5th grade I homeschooled(not distance learning) because of all the bullshit uncertainties but he will be back on campus for 6th grade bc I won't be able to homeschool with lbhsbz at home as well... I'll loose my ever lovin mind doing that lol

We have lots of friends at LCS and sometimes go to Arbor Road. We’re blessed to have these options!

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
So, if enough parents choose to send their kids to private school, public school will need less funding correct? We know there will not be a tax decrease, hmmm..... seems like a good plan to me. I wonder where that extra $$$ will go, well we know our elected officials will be transparent with the funds. When do the adults (taxpayers) get to be in charge again?

EmpirE231

Reaction score
So, if enough parents choose to send their kids to private school, public school will need less funding correct? We know there will not be a tax decrease, hmmm..... seems like a good plan to me. I wonder where that extra $$$ will go, well we know our elected officials will be transparent with the funds. When do the adults (taxpayers) get to be in charge again?

Don't you worry now! all the new migrant children need schools to go to...

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Don't you worry now! all the new migrant children need schools to go to...
Brilliant, now we can pay for private schools for our kids, then pay taxes for the newly arrived Democrat's kids. I am kinda slow.....

Joe mama

Reaction score
All this shit is brain washing our young kids early on. I’m cool with someone being gay, but I’m sorry God made you a boy or a girl and it is what it is. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t make mistakes.

Mike K

Reaction score
What about all those parents that can’t afford the private school tuition ... or have the influence to get their children admitted ... “THAT’s” when SHTF ! All those angry parents are gonna make a ton of noise ... and I hope they do and ... hey ... that’s worth rioting for! 😎

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think I read @was thatguy 's statement from another thread...something along the lines of not really caring about others' genders, race or beliefs. No feelings one way or the other, until we were made to fully "accept" it, regardless or our own beliefs.

I didn't care before, but I'm becoming more angry with being told what I'm supposed to believe.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What Rick have ya’ll been living under? This shit has been in the pipeline for years.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
Theres absolutely no way we would be able to afford to send our daughter to Valley, isn't it like $1,000/month or something? She is only 4 so we have time to plan but moving outta state may just be the best option. Unless I come into money lol. My stepson is graduating Millikan in a couple weeks and he has already drank the koolaid...

Misslbhsbz

Reaction score
Theres absolutely no way we would be able to afford to send our daughter to Valley, isn't it like $1,000/month or something? She is only 4 so we have time to plan but moving outta state may just be the best option. Unless I come into money lol. My stepson is graduating Millikan in a couple weeks and he has already drank the koolaid...
That sucks about the stepson! But there's still hope for the wee one! Look into LCS it's a great school and half day kinder isn't that badly priced of I remember right... but we're hoping to get out in the next couple years oursleves

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
My daughter went to LCS thru 9th grade. I wanted her to get a glimpse of public high school. She graduated from Lakewood HS. Thank god it was before all this "woke" stuff.
Best choice ever to send her to private school.
If I had to do it again, I would without hesitation . Her education, safety, morals and life lessons were worth the years of overtime and a few of Daddy's toys.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Pat is a mellow sweetheart...what are you worried about...🤣

hallett3

Reaction score
Apparently you can opt them out of the puberty/sex ed thing... but I'm the mean time pay attention to what their learning
I know a teacher in Long Beach and she said they are really pushing this stuff hard and the racial justice crap. She opted to leave her job l. She told me that this is not teaching. It’s a political hack job and it’s hurting the kids future on education. That’s not what she signed up for. Also she said if you reject the new teaching guidelines, your career is done .

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
The parent all need to say no to this crap .
People can be in control but most are like sheep.

Misslbhsbz

Reaction score
The main problem is we're surrounded by "woke" snowflakes for parents who still think that Newsome is a great governor and that the idiot mayor is doing a good job too... the idiocy is strong with them and there's no chance of talking any sense into them

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Between this and critical race theory, that’s a sad situation. Too bad private school is so expensive. The high school I went to in Massachusetts is now $12,900 per year!!! Adjusted for 1982 it was $1800.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
After this post I looked into Private School. There is only a couple close, they are both Christian schools. We are not super religious but still have a lot of those values so I am going to talk to the wife.

Just over 6k a year and they give a discount for the 2nd kid.

We can afford it but it's definitely not something that I've budgeted for. So will see after we do a thorough deep dive into public school.