WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pulled the trigger in LV

LuauLounge

Reaction score
My wife flew down last week and looked at it, we did a facetime, so I "looked" at it. Opened escrow yesterday with a close of next Friday. I'm flying down Tuesday to meet the inspection folks.
Thought is that it gives us a place to see if LV meets our needs. We've been going there for the last 30+ years for business and fun and we are tired of CA. Kind of a trial home, if it works, great, if not, we'll do somdthing else.
https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/4593-Madreperla-St-89121/home/29507876

braindead

Reaction score
Looks good, just be Leary of the hoa's

RodnJen

Reaction score
Congrats, allotta home for the money.

boatpi

Reaction score
Congrats, you are in the center of town, close to everything. Look at his HOA, these were built when land was cheap, large green belts, tennis courts, pool, etc.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Nice place and priced right! HOA holy shit! Did I count 6 different floors in there?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That HOA has to be a typo? Over 4k a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Looks nice! As for HOA stuff, I'm a Fred Sanford with cars, so they wouldn't like me. The cost seems pretty reasonable when you figure it's covering a lot of landscape and pool stuff you don't have to do, and gates to keep people out. Add in the drop in property tax as compared to Cali, and the fact you're leaving Cali, and it's all good!

DaveH

Reaction score
very close to the airport (lots of noise and traffic). older neighborhood with some rough areas around it. not trying to be a jerk but instead help a brother out who doesn't know the area and I have lived here for 20 years. would highly recommend taking a look for yourself at the location.

yes those HOA dues seem insane. I'm guessing being an older property needing much more maintenance of streets, roofs etc......kinda not surprised.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Appreciate the info. Our first choice was Las Vegas Country Club, but single story places are few, expensive and don’t last long. This is our LV starter place. I’m 69 and my wife is 72. It’s our pathway out of California. Selling our Sacramento house that we’ve been in for 33 years, keeping our rental and our Delta place. I’m guessing it will be 6 months to a year before we “move”. In the meantime, it will be a vaca home.
HOA fees are high, awaiting the HOA package and can walk if we can’t live with the terms and conditions.
HOA fee is the same we currently pay at our home for landscaping and pool service in CA.
Financially, we come out way ahead of where we are now.

boatpi

Reaction score
For that kind Of money you’re not gonna get much in Las Vegas nowadays and if you think about his position he’s a senior he’s looking for very little work to do it

looks like a very safe community he could always shop in Henderson a couple miles away going south, and the pool is taken care of the whole package kind of makes sense.

Of course what I would always recommend is going there at night and looking around the immediate area especially within your get a complex there could be renters there that are a problem people and it’s going to stand out or on a Sunday afternoon when they’re all drinking outside or not .

LuauLounge

Reaction score
From what I was told, again awaiting the HOA docs, this community does not allow rentals of any kind. Two edged sword, it eliminated a fall back plan of turning it into a rental. On the other hand, no rental issues

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Here is my opinion about living downtown.
There are some great neighborhoods but surrounded by bad neighborhoods. I have several friends that live in Turnberry Towers that love living there but all complain about the surroundings. The shit they have to drive through... hookers, drugs dealers, homeless, etc... they can’t and don’t shop in the area, always coming to Henderson or Summerlin for everything from gas, snacks and food. But they love it.
This home kinda has the same thing going on. No real crime in the neighborhood, but surrounding areas are heavily impacted.
Subject is in middle of map.
IMG_3266.jpg
IMG_3267.jpg

Here’s my hood in Henderson, little red X
IMG_3268.jpg

Good job of getting outta Ca. When we left OC in 2007 we kept our home there just in case we didn’t like Nv. We knew within 30 days we would never move back to Ca.

boatpi

Reaction score
You guys and live in Las Vegas are making some great points. the issue is if he has a particular budget for now and you’re not gonna get anything for $240,000 that’s going to be in a closed gated community like this .

You do get some pretty decent houses for about 320k or maybe 300 that are in nicer areas. things of just appreciated way too much. There are a couple houses near me two-story on small lots that are about 320K.

that’s in ZIP Code 89113 which is pretty much like living in country crime is crazy low, but that’s what you have to spend.

boatpi

Reaction score

81Sprint

Reaction score
Lived in Vegas since 04, and you might want to cruise that neighborhood for a little bit before buying. If you like it, congrats, but buying sight unseen, risky. Those HOA dues hopefully are a typo! One of the guys that works for me has a wife who is a great realtor if you need an alternate, i can pm you her info if you want more options

Last edited:

Quicksilver

Reaction score
For that kind of money I don't think you could get much more in the Vegas area. As has been said, the area around there is not the greatest, but not the worst either. The association fees seem high, but that can vary depending on what utilities and services they cover. I've been in the Las Vegas area since 1976 (born here).

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
The good news is that The Dispensary Lounge (no not that kind of dispensary) and Crown and Anchor Pub are both really close and great local spots for food and drinks. :cool: