WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

pump issues

bunkrepair

Reaction score
Ok so here is the full story over the last few weeks...

I launched at windsor and some how sucked up sea-weed(sarcastic voice) i thought i had dodged it all but no I had it all up in the pump. i got it all cleaned out reluanched the boat and the boat was fine all day.

then on sunday i launched the boat at site 6 because im cheap and actually like the ramp and have zero issues using it... leaving the no wake zone the motor rev's and the boat hesitates a little then takes off like normal running full speed no issues. I park in the channel for a hour or so and relax with the chick and we decide to go for a boat ride. get to the end of the no wake zone in thompson bay and go to accalerate and the boat acts like it did when we sucked up the crap at windsor. I babied it back to the ramp and put it on the trailer and said ill look at it when i have time.

Well i just took the inspection cap off the pump clean as day checked the intake grate its clear.. I do not know anything about berkley jet pumps the impellor/prop looks fine..

any idea where i should start?

thanks
sean

bunkrepair

Reaction score
yeah bill i have kinda came to that conclussion..

never done anything with a jetpump besides open the hand hole time to start a new learning experience tomorrow

anyone have any pointers

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score
pull the bowl off and check to see if the viens are still a litle pluged up and if the impellor viens might have stuf stuck in em

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
yeah bill i have kinda came to that conclussion..

never done anything with a jetpump besides open the hand hole time to start a new learning experience tomorrow

anyone have any pointers

Just saw the other thread. From what I remember it wasn't too bad.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Ok so here is the full story over the last few weeks...

I launched at windsor and some how sucked up sea-weed(sarcastic voice) i thought i had dodged it all but no I had it all up in the pump. i got it all cleaned out reluanched the boat and the boat was fine all day.

then on sunday i launched the boat at site 6 because im cheap and actually like the ramp and have zero issues using it... leaving the no wake zone the motor rev's and the boat hesitates a little then takes off like normal running full speed no issues. I park in the channel for a hour or so and relax with the chick and we decide to go for a boat ride. get to the end of the no wake zone in thompson bay and go to accalerate and the boat acts like it did when we sucked up the crap at windsor. I babied it back to the ramp and put it on the trailer and said ill look at it when i have time.

Well i just took the inspection cap off the pump clean as day checked the intake grate its clear.. I do not know anything about berkley jet pumps the impellor/prop looks fine..

any idea where i should start?

thanks
sean

Sean Typically what you can see (and remove) on the intake side (thru the cleanout) can be 50% of what made it to the exit side (back side of the impeller, inside the bowl) Call if I can help Tom

Last edited:

Brian

Reaction score
Rope packing gland might be loose and sucking air. Maybe check that and see if it needs snugging up.

cave

Reaction score
it doesn't take much to have the pump to cavitate. At last years tube float in Parker I sucked up fishing line. Prolly 50 feet of line. Thats what I pulled out back home. So I pulled the bowl to rebuild the pump and found that there was another 100' of line wrapped tightly around the shaft up against the back side of the impellar. Removed that line. Took the boat out and she ran great.

Amazing what a tiny piece of anything caught in the pumps flow will jack your day. Our local lakes have been cluttered with debri. Thankfully I have a set back pump that allows me to remove the hand hole cover out side
the boat.

I would check the back side of the blades. I tiny rock or chunk of wood will make your pump spin.

Many weekends spent doing this maneuver this Summer.
1001718_10201187200233457_437363796_n.jpg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
it doesn't take much to have the pump to cavitate. At last years tube float in Parker I sucked up fishing line. Prolly 50 feet of line. Thats what I pulled out back home. So I pulled the bowl to rebuild the pump and found that there was another 100' of line wrapped tightly around the shaft up against the back side of the impellar. Removed that line. Took the boat out and she ran great.

Amazing what a tiny piece of anything caught in the pumps flow will jack your day. Our local lakes have been cluttered with debri. Thankfully I have a set back pump that allows me to remove the hand hole cover out side
the boat.

I would check the back side of the blades. I tiny rock or chunk of wood will make your pump spin.

Many weekends spent doing this maneuver this Summer.
1001718_10201187200233457_437363796_n.jpg

You might should run over stuff more often. Then you can set back and enjoy the view.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2