WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

pumping to salton sea

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Make a canal to sea of Cortez use it for container ships. Eastbound trucks can avoid the so cal traffic and save time.

then brings fresh ocean water in as well. Win win for everyone
I don’t think they could do that without some locks?
The whole valley is below sea level.
It could fill the whole area!
🤔🤔🤔
Riding next to the ocean at Glamis....hmmm.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I would prefer they bring in freshwater but there is some big money looking at brine harvesting for lithium so this makes sense. Biggest lake in so cal could become useful again. If they start digging im buying waterfront property.

azsunfun

Reaction score
I would prefer they bring in freshwater but there is some big money looking at brine harvesting for lithium so this makes sense. Biggest lake in so cal could become useful again. If they start digging im buying waterfront property.
please keep everybody abreast of salt mine startup. definatly not a low sodium diet fishing lake.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Mexico will be in for big $ if sea water is used and pipe line

wallnutz

Reaction score
🤔🤔🤔
That’s a lot of beach front camping.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Oh the train gang is going strong! Just saw a news flash the other night, coming soon to a central California valley ! expect completion in 2029 !
Get your tickets now
As long as it’s an Elon approved rechargeable train. 🙄

Reactions: DLC

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
I own some “water front” property already. 😎

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If it could be financially feasible, it's a great idea! The salinity would allow the lake to house the same wildlife as it originally did. Also adding freshwater to the lake would reduce the toxic dust off the lake bed. However, if they don't plan a way to cycle water OUT, the same issue will eventually arise again.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
The bullet train was never going to be built. It was merely a way for Jerry Brown to keep all his consultant buddies employed while he was in office.

Never underestimate the ability of the government to fuck up boiling water. Google HART and that whole debacle in hawaii... 10 billion spent, 13 miles of track, rail cars that were built to the wrong specs that have been sitting for over a decade and they just now figured out the wheel set up is wrong for the tracks... Constant cost over runs delays changes, and a steady stream of politicians who go in on the board or as CEO etc then cycle out with a fat golden parachute when its the next one's turn. If Gavin survives the recall effort I'm betting he pushes it hard.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Never underestimate the ability of the government to fuck up boiling water. Google HART and that whole debacle in hawaii... 10 billion spent, 13 miles of track, rail cars that were built to the wrong specs that have been sitting for over a decade and they just now figured out the wheel set up is wrong for the tracks... Constant cost over runs delays changes, and a steady stream of politicians who go in on the board or as CEO etc then cycle out with a fat golden parachute when its the next one's turn. If Gavin survives the recall effort I'm betting he pushes it hard.

Oh come it‘s no that bad.....They have great looking artwork at each rail station location. :looking:

Dettom

Reaction score
All you have to do is look at AMTRAK if you want an idea about how effective government subsidized rail projects are. AMTRAK has never turned a single penny in profit, despite dubious claims by politicians who pushed it. It would be better if these hacks, would be honest and come out and say, “Look, we’re going to line our pockets with government money and make lots of bank. You, on the other hand, get to ride on the train, while we railroad you.”

dribble

Reaction score
According to the climate change crowd ocean levels are rising, not dropping.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
I am definitely in favor of returning that lake to it's legacy. my dad took us there once in the late 60's...it was huge and fun to float so high in the water.

it would be an asset to boaters.

maybe even a new opportunity for inland development, new housing, maybe even some (or a LOT of) upscale waterfront.

maybe even start some exploratory desalination, powered by the sun, like Israel does.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I
🤔🤔🤔

I'd be okay with that! Just Kidding.

I grew up in the desert and hunted the Salton Sea a lot. Almost lost my life a couple times. Mary Bono tried to clean it up and congress would never give her the money. I heard they found mineral deposits at the south end which are rare and needed for electronics. May have been lithium or something else, I should have further investigated. I further heard Pelosi has backdoor investment in that end so can almost guarantee there is some type of legitimacy to that.

Let it dry up and it will become a dust bowl affecting the Coachella Valley, but if the Dem's profit on that, I can see it happening. Otherwise, I would have thought they would have had to do something to prevent the dustbowl affect as it is so polluted that if those chemicals get airborne, people will get sick.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I

I'd be okay with that! Just Kidding.

I grew up in the desert and hunted the Salton Sea a lot. Almost lost my life a couple times. Mary Bono tried to clean it up and congress would never give her the money. I heard they found mineral deposits at the south end which are rare and needed for electronics. May have been lithium or something else, I should have further investigated. I further heard Pelosi has backdoor investment in that end so can almost guarantee there is some type of legitimacy to that.

Let it dry up and it will become a dust bowl affecting the Coachella Valley, but if the Dem's profit on that, I can see it happening. Otherwise, I would have thought they would have had to do something to prevent the dustbowl affect as it is so polluted that if those chemicals get airborne, people will get sick.
Well known fact the air quality lacks around the sea.
Any effort to restore and improve water levels as well as quality I'm all for it. I've always felt an exchange of water from the river and/or Sea of Cortez would be the simplest answer.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
🤔🤔🤔
Yup! I'm pretty sure that I-10 at Dillon road is below or right at sea level. That's a shit load of farm land that provides year round produce sunken forever....

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Yep. Build a damn at the border for the new river ! Tell Mexico to keep their shit...... literally. It’s the most polluted river in North America. Who would have thought.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Salton Sea.
Entirely a man made disaster.
Since 1906.
More water would be nice, not to feasible.
Let it evaporate, ends up a bigger disaster.
What to do?

Dan'l