WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Purchased trailer

Keymyster

Reaction score
Bought a 22' Cruiser MPG travel trailer. Can't wait to try it.
IMG_1297.JPG

Singleton

Reaction score
Congrats.
It’s been since Labor Day since I used mine. Have a 7 day Thanksgiving Trip at South Carlsbad beach starting on the 17th. Can’t wait!

Keymyster

Reaction score
Never had a trailer before. Had a camper years ago. So this will be interesting.

spectras only

Reaction score
Keymeister, walk around the trailer and make sure, all places like front cap and rear wall trims have sealed properly. If you see any suspicious gaps, calk it. Also, if your new TT doesn't have slide topper, get one installed as soon as you can. There's a lot to learn for a newbie about travel trailers.;) And most important, don't travel with fresh and grey tanks full.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Keymeister, walk around the trailer and make sure, all places like front cap and rear wall trims have sealed properly. If you see any suspicious gaps, calk it. Also, if your new TT doesn't have slide topper, get one installed as soon as you can. There's a lot to learn for a newbie about travel trailers.;) And most important, don't travel with fresh and grey tanks full.

That's intimidating. You guys could write a book for us TT noobs

Tahoe540

Reaction score
Nice looking trailer, I am sure you will enjoy it!!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Why ?

I understand the idea that the gray would splash backup into the fixtures. Why not fresh, other than the weight?

Curious as well. I have traveled many times with full tanks. Maybe not black and gray. But almost always with fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Curious as well. I have traveled many times with full tanks. Maybe not black and gray. But almost always with fresh.

Back in the day many full tanks were falling out of their perches from the weight of being full. I have been out of the RV gig for some time now and don't know if things have changed. This wasn't a problem with one manufacturer either.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Good looking trailer! Let the good times roll!:D

Keymyster

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Congrats. If you are towing with a halfton watch out for an old geezer in a diesel pusher towing a Fiat. Make sure to pass him at the worse time. As for towing with tanks full or empty, I always towed empty unless we were dry camping. I would fill fresh water then. Ours held 100 gallons of fresh. No way I would tow to the river in 110+ degree heat with an extra 800 lbs. making the truck work harder. Mabye I would put 20 gallons in but that was it.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Congrats. If you are towing with a halfton watch out for an old geezer in a diesel pusher towing a Fiat. Make sure to pass him at the worse time. As for towing with tanks full or empty, I always towed empty unless we were dry camping. I would fill fresh water then. Ours held 100 gallons of fresh. No way I would tow to the river in 110+ degree heat with an extra 800 lbs. making the truck work harder. Mabye I would put 20 gallons in but that was it.
Yep, just enough to use on the road.

sintax

Reaction score

Yup, I also like to do this little trick to save time when I get home. I crack the black tank just a bit so its empty when I get home!

joking joking!

Nice looking trailer! Looks nicer than my house!

zhandfull

Reaction score
I always towed full fresh water 110 gallons heading out and full black and grey tanks heading home. Never an issue with the 2001 Weekend Warrior for over ten years. I did have the whole front stabilizer jack assembly crossmember fall off on the freeway when one of the jacks fell down in the first year. It was covered under warranty though back then.

spectras only

Reaction score
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/mpg-2800qb-by-cruiser-rv-any-thoughts-279623.html
This guy's MPG trailer was a 2016 model. My opinion of the majority of TT's, including my higher end Denali, are hit and miss without proper QC in the industry. No surprise, Arctic Fox, Lance and some others are more expensive.;)

Excerpt from above article in the link. These kind of scenarios happened way too often in the past but shouldn't happen now a days, after all the bad rap of the trailer manufacturing industry.:rolleyes:

"Thought I would add this to my sob story. It's almost humorous at this point...sad, but you just have to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

So, we got the trailer back from the dealer after 4 months of work on it...front cap replaced twice, back cap replaced once. They had it from Jan through April. So, we get it back and due to life and never actually planning any trips because we didn't know when we'd get it back, there it sat in our driveway for most of the summer.

Then, in July, a friend asked if they could borrow for a family outing...absolutely we said! Someone should get use out of the damn, expensive, thing. I had no problem lending it to them as they are extremely careful, responsible...etc. They take it camping for just 2 days...on their way back they're on one of the biggest freeways in Washington...I-90...coming down Snoqualmie Pass. Suddenly, my friend driving gets flagged down by another driver telling him to pull over quickly. Once he pulls over they realize that the Gray Water Tank had literally just dropped out of the bottom of the trailer. It was not a bumpy drive, they never ran into anything...nothing happened, it just decided to come loose and drop down. It dragged on the freeway and the gray water was everywhere. All of the piping to the tank ripped out as well".

spectras only

Reaction score

My fresh water tank capacity in my 289RK Denali is only 56 gal/448 pounds, grey water 84 gal/672 pounds. Larger TT's & 5th wheels hold a lot, more weight.

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I always towed full fresh water 110 gallons heading out and full black and grey tanks heading home. Never an issue with the 2001 Weekend Warrior for over ten years. I did have the whole front stabilizer jack assembly crossmember fall off on the freeway when one of the jacks fell down in the first year. It was covered under warranty though back then.

Same here. I have towed all over the western US and never tow empty. My trailer holds 100 ga fresh. Water and 75/75 black and gray. My trailer actually ties better with the fresh tank full. As it sits directly over the axles and limits the bumpiness of the road.

IMG_0892.jpg

spectras only

Reaction score
20160408_144935.jpg
R B, I assume you do dry camping a lot in the desert, so take water with you makes sense. Wife and I glamping most of the time, so it makes sense for me not to carry all the extra weight. Our unit is 7700 dry. Also, our TT has enclosed bottom so I can't inspect without taking the sheeting off to see how well the tanks are attached.
Our unit is a 2016 model with 3 yrs structural warranty so I don't want to mess with it until that expires.

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 699422 R B, I assume you do dry camping a lot in the desert, so take water with you makes sense. Wife and I glamping most of the time, so it makes sense for me not to carry all the extra weight. Our unit is 7700 dry. Also, our TT has enclosed bottom so I can't inspect without taking the sheeting off to see how well the tanks are attached.
Our unit is a 2016 model with 3 yrs structural warranty so I don't want to mess with it until that expires.

I rarely dry camp. Even in the Dez we have water (well), 50 amp, and septic. I leave it full for 2 reasons (1)-it tows better, less bounce (2)- if the shit hits the fan I have 100 gals of water, 50gals of fuel and a place to hideout in the middle of no where. [emoji6]

Last edited:

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I travel full with the fresh most of the time (60 gal). Coming home, many times the grey and black are mostly full (42/42). Of course with a cabover it is just sitting in the bed of the truck. Many of the places I go don't have water readily available. some are full dry and others are stringing the hose brigade.
The Arctic Foxes are not a cheap unit and avoiding problems like this are one of the reasons. They are not perfect but are solidly on the better side of the bell curve.

HCP3

Reaction score
Watch out for battery theft. I put in Anderson plugs between the battery and trailer after the first theft. I pull the battery out and put it in my garage after every trip now.

1411974326.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Trailer!

I just sold my 5th wheel trailer. Delivered it Sunday to a snowbird with property in Salome.

spectras only

Reaction score
Watch out for battery theft. I put in Anderson plugs between the battery and trailer after the first theft. I pull the battery out and put it in my garage after every trip now.

Same here, albeit never had batts or propane tanks stolen yet. I drilled a hole in the wing nut that's holding the propane tanks down and have padlock on it. It's only a deterrent for the crooks to go to the next trailer to steal from.
;)
1411974326.jpg