WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pure Gas - Ethanol Free

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Found this list FYI

Ethanol Free Fuel.PNG

fmo24

Reaction score
I’ve seen quite a few Ethanol free pumps here in central Florida but it seems expensive compared to regular pumps

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Why don't any have 93 octane? Here is a great site for mixing fuels of different octane to achieve a desired octane. You don't want to run more octane than you need,that will kill HP.

You can also just use simple ratios [emoji106]

For example:
1 gal 50 octane + 1 gal 100 octane = 2 gal 75 octane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Why don't any have 93 octane? Here is a great site for mixing fuels of different octane to achieve a desired octane. You don't want to run more octane than you need,that will kill HP.

Sunoco used to sell 94 unleaded at one time, though that was unique to them. Everyone else sold 93. Now what I see is 87, 89, and 91 uniformly everywhere. The non-ethanol is 90. The fuels marketers have changed. Now it's Speedway (formerly Hess), Marathon (formerly Mobil), and Sunoco. with a few odd brands interspersed. Sinclair is one such, and Gulf is another. But that's it. The fuel all comes from one terminal in Syracuse NY. The local price reflects the distance from said terminal.

Around here AvGas is restricted to airports and any sort of race fuels are only available at race tracks. Can't just pull up and fill up at either. The airports cannot sell to non-aviation or in cans, and the race tracks cannot pump into "registered street ready" vehicles and you're going to have to buy a "pit pass" to gain entry on foot and pay full entry fees for a car whether you race it or not.

This... is what voting democRAT gets you.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Hava-Gas on on Palo Verde N and Lake Havasu Blvd has AV-Gas as well. It's a shell station.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I just bought some 100 octane leaded the other day at Downs in Temecula. I rather have unleaded for my saws and wackers. I usually stockpile it through the summer from Parker oil, but I didn’t go to the river this season. My next attempt will be av gas from French Valley.

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
100 octane ll avgas is available at my local muni airport 🙂

PaPaG

Reaction score
There is a station in Bullhead that sells ETH Free not named on this list as well, I think it was Maverick north of the North Wally World...It has a huge sign out front.

Vector

Reaction score
I looked on pure gas for Inland Empire but there aren’t any around. Anyone know the nearest place to Corona/ Ontario for ethanol free gas?

rvir4us

Anyone got some jack d?
Reaction score
Meritoil.com

Bloomington
They sell 5 gallon pails (Sunoco) or u can buy 100 octane in bulk

traquer

Reaction score
Sunoco used to sell 94 unleaded at one time, though that was unique to them. Everyone else sold 93. Now what I see is 87, 89, and 91 uniformly everywhere. The non-ethanol is 90. The fuels marketers have changed. Now it's Speedway (formerly Hess), Marathon (formerly Mobil), and Sunoco. with a few odd brands interspersed. Sinclair is one such, and Gulf is another. But that's it. The fuel all comes from one terminal in Syracuse NY. The local price reflects the distance from said terminal.

Around here AvGas is restricted to airports and any sort of race fuels are only available at race tracks. Can't just pull up and fill up at either. The airports cannot sell to non-aviation or in cans, and the race tracks cannot pump into "registered street ready" vehicles and you're going to have to buy a "pit pass" to gain entry on foot and pay full entry fees for a car whether you race it or not.

This... is what voting democRAT gets you.

Last time I was at Willow Springs in 2020 you could have filled up anything your little heart desired. No one around the pumps just insert your CC and do your thing. Expensive as hell though, it might be better to just order the barrels directly from VP or something

Seas

Reaction score
Where can you buy 100 avgas in Bullhead/Laughlin? Unlike LHC, last time I asked, you can't fill up your boat at the Bullhead airport

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Where can you buy 100 avgas in Bullhead/Laughlin? Unlike LHC, last time I asked, you can't fill up your boat at the Bullhead airport

There is an Airport down in Ft. Mohave. I do not know the details, but know several people who take the boats down and fill up.

Vector

Reaction score
Yes.
How much was the five gallons of Sunoco?
It wasn’t cheap! $68 for 5 gallons. Next time I go to Parker Oil I am going to take two 5 gallon jugs and fill up with ethanol free so I have it at the house

When you run the AV gas are you adding 2 stroke oil?

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
It wasn’t cheap! $68 for 5 gallons. Next time I go to Parker Oil I am going to take two 5 gallon jugs and fill up with ethanol free so I have it at the house

When you run the AV gas are you adding 2 stroke oil?

Yikes!
I put it in the dirt bikes and quad so it doesn't gum up during the summer. The rest goes to make some two stroke gas and what's leftover goes into my street bike that has four carbs that is a major PITA to clean if it goes haywire. I haven't had much luck with StaBil. Just heard about the two stroke oil trick a few hours ago. LOL
My buddy says it's just for lubrication. Is that all?

Vector

Reaction score
Yikes!
I put it in the dirt bikes and quad so it doesn't gum up during the summer. The rest goes to make some two stroke gas and what's leftover goes into my street bike that has four carbs that is a major PITA to clean if it goes haywire. I haven't had much luck with StaBil. Just heard about the two stroke oil trick a few hours ago. LOL
My buddy says it's just for lubrication. Is that all?
Yes just for lubrication. I believe you put a pint or 16oz for every 50 gallons.

petie6464

Reaction score
Parker oils pure gas is pure crap, unbranded because is garbage.

I use pure fuel in my saws, nothing but problems using it. Went to a quality and little more expensive fuel no more problems.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Parker oils pure gas is pure crap, unbranded because is garbage.

I use pure fuel in my saws, nothing but problems using it. Went to a quality and little more expensive fuel no more problems.
I haven’t experienced that. I usually get 30-35 gallons through out the summer for my equipment. Matter of fact, I have a friend picking me up another 5 gallons this weekend.

petie6464

Reaction score
I haven’t experienced that. I usually get 30-35 gallons through out the summer for my equipment. Matter of fact, I have a friend picking me up another 5 gallons this weekend.

Maybe it was a fluke, just not worth it to me when I'm up cutting wood its three to four hours to go get gas!

Vector

Reaction score
What octane is the ethanol free at Parker Oil? Or is all the pump gas ethanol free?