WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Put tires on the hard to find list…

2Driver

Reaction score
Getting the Gladiator lifted with a Mopar lift so I let the dealer quote tires. There is nothing available to them that I want. LOL the guy trys to tell me to go with 305 or 315 Nittos. I said, I don’t want a homie mall crawler, but thanks I try Discount.

Discount found my Toyo AT3’s, but had to have some sent from IL and some sent from Cali to complete the order. I was lucky to get those and it will take a week to get them

Geez how long until the supply chain cools off?

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Most tires are hard to find. When looking for wheels and tires for my Jeep. Most everything was out of stock. Finally scored a set on offer up

hallett21

Reaction score
I was going to post about this. My tires are 3 weeks out I’m told.

Tire shop tried to sell me Falkens but I wanted toyos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I have Toyos Open Country R/T (didn't want noisy M/T's) on my Gladiator and wanted them on the F350 but they weren't available back in March so I went with Nitto Ridge Grapplers - just as quiet and good on and off road as the Toyos (they are sister companies).

37's side-by-side.png

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
When everything shut down last April, the majority of the tire manufacturers shut down operations for anywhere from 30-75 days. We were told that the average manufacturing facility can produce somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k-25k tires per day per location. That equals 600,000-750,000 on average per location deficit. The bottleneck really didn’t start to take place until the beginning of those year, even on common sizes. In order to catch back up, most manufacturers are producing their bread and butter sizes and will eventually start producing less popular sizes like the 35’s, 37’s, etc.

Couple all of that with a huge increase in demand for larger sizes. Where a 35” was a large tire just a few years ago is small in today’s standards. You can fit a 35” on most 3/4 and 1 ton trucks without suspension modifications. And a 37” will fit on the Ford and Rams with just a level kit. All of that being said, consumers are spending money on their trucks, so they want the bigger options. On the suspension side of things, Carli had an increase in business of nearly 100% in 2020. At the beginning of this whole ordeal, no one would have predicted that. CJC, their primary installer has a back log of nearly 6 months for installs. It really was a perfect storm.

Add to this, I was told that Nitto “ripped the bandaid off” and expanded manufacturing by 1mil sq ft. I’m assuming Toyo is part of that since they are sort of the same company.

I talk with Toyo at least once a week and the answer is always “there’s a nationwide back order with no eta.” It’s a complete mess for my business and my recommendation is, get what you can where you can. At least for the time being.

2Driver

Reaction score

I have Falkens coming off the Gladiator if you want them. If they were 34’s Id keep them I was surprised about the quality. Pretty much think they were bfgs

hallett21

Reaction score
I have Falkens coming off the Gladiator if you want them. If they were 34’s Id keep them I was surprised about the quality. Pretty much think they were bfgs

Appreciate the offer but I should be good till new tires show up.

Who would of thought take offs would be the next goldmine lol

Singleton

Reaction score
This is the reason the new tires and wheels on the F350DRW are postponed. Price jumped up a ton, so I will burn through the stock setup and then upgrade when stock needs to be replaced

hallett21

Reaction score
When everything shut down last April, the majority of the tire manufacturers shut down operations for anywhere from 30-75 days. We were told that the average manufacturing facility can produce somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k-25k tires per day per location. That equals 600,000-750,000 on average per location deficit. The bottleneck really didn’t start to take place until the beginning of those year, even on common sizes. In order to catch back up, most manufacturers are producing their bread and butter sizes and will eventually start producing less popular sizes like the 35’s, 37’s, etc.

Couple all of that with a huge increase in demand for larger sizes. Where a 35” was a large tire just a few years ago is small in today’s standards. You can fit a 35” on most 3/4 and 1 ton trucks without suspension modifications. And a 37” will fit on the Ford and Rams with just a level kit. All of that being said, consumers are spending money on their trucks, so they want the bigger options. On the suspension side of things, Carli had an increase in business of nearly 100% in 2020. At the beginning of this whole ordeal, no one would have predicted that. CJC, their primary installer has a back log of nearly 6 months for installs. It really was a perfect storm.

Add to this, I was told that Nitto “ripped the bandaid off” and expanded manufacturing by 1mil sq ft. I’m assuming Toyo is part of that since they are sort of the same company.

I talk with Toyo at least once a week and the answer is always “there’s a nationwide back order with no eta.” It’s a complete mess for my business and my recommendation is, get what you can where you can. At least for the time being.

We’re you able to stock up before the “spigot” got turned off?

Wild how we went from the mentality of never hold inventory to this.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of 35” Patagonia mud terrains. I really like them so far. Have about 3000mi on them and they are running smooth, quiet and even so far. They are much less $$$ than the BFG KM2’s I have been running.

Roaddawg

Reaction score

Glad you were able to get me the Toyo's when you did

CLdrinker

Reaction score

Toyo’s are the shit. But I have had great luck with these new Falken AT3.

the old Falkens sucked a bag of dicks.

Cdog

Reaction score
This is the reason the new tires and wheels on the F350DRW are postponed. Price jumped up a ton, so I will burn through the stock setup and then upgrade when stock needs to be replaced

Same boat for me. I have wheels. No level & tires yet. I don’t really want to pay out the asshole and be told I’m lucky to get it. Meh....

HavaToon

Reaction score
Same boat for me. I have wheels. No level & tires yet. I don’t really want to pay out the asshole and be told I’m lucky to get it. Meh....

Strap Performance in north Phoenix has Carli kits in stock. The only place in AZ. My truck is there now getting a commuter kit.

Tires will up next, looking for 325/60R20 Toyo AT3’s.

Cdog

Reaction score

HavaToon

Reaction score
I’m going with the toyo at3 37/20’s. Probably gonna try to get this done after my Montana trip.

You may want to call and reserve a kit. He had 8 kits come in 2 weeks ago and I was #3 on the list then.

DWC

Reaction score
Couldn’t find tires for the truck for a little while. Went to Tireman in Havasu to get the SXS wheels/tires mounted. Asked if they could hook it up and it was done by the time we were ready to launch the next morning.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
We’re you able to stock up before the “spigot” got turned off?

Wild how we went from the mentality of never hold inventory to this.

So it's kind of funny, on the big stuff (35's/37's), we didn't do a lot prior to COVID. But then our business changed and about October we started selling kits and then January hit and the kits started arriving and people needing tires and there was limited supply. Even now, I don't do enough large tires to justify stocking several sets, but I have been keeping a bit more and grabbing things when I can.

All the basic sizes have been fine. We have enough options and "like options" within our warehouses that are local. And 90% of our customers walk in and are not brand specific on what they want.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have Toyos Open Country R/T (didn't want noisy M/T's) on my Gladiator and wanted them on the F350 but they weren't available back in March so I went with Nitto Ridge Grapplers - just as quiet and good on and off road as the Toyos (they are sister companies).

View attachment 1010676

This. If you hate Nittos and love Toyos I lol a bit inside.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I need a set of 35 Toyos AT3 and cannot find shit....

luckily I don’t drive that truck much. But I will need a set very soon.

2Driver

Reaction score
I need a set of 35 Toyos AT3 and cannot find shit....

luckily I don’t drive that truck much. But I will need a set very soon.

Discount found my AT3, but they had to have them shipped in from 2 different states. I know where a set of Toyo MT 35’s are if that helps but they are MTs.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score

Same here. I am just going to burn out the stock tires on the F150. By then all this crazy will be over and most likely we will be in a recession. :rolleyes: