WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Puter ?

Riodog

Reaction score
What's the difference between an Apple puter and one that runs windows?
Just built a new one and wondered if I could put an Apple program on it.

Rio:confused::confused:

Riodog

Reaction score
TTT

Cmon, someone's gotta know the answer. You all don't think for one minute that I hang around this place for "boat stuff" do you?
Rio

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
I think you have to be a graduate student to run anything Apple. :point:beer:D

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
So I did a google search and found a few programs that will let you run Windows programs on Apples, but not the other way around. :smackhead

BajaMike

Reaction score
So I did a google search and found a few programs that will let you run Windows programs on Apples, but not the other way around. :smackhead

Jordy's right.......you can run Windows programs on a Mac, but not Mac programs on Windows.

:beer

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
In the commercials, the guy representing Mac seems much more self assured than the guy playing the PC.
Other than that, damnedifIknow.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
The answer you're probably interested in is no. You can't run Apple programs on Windows.

You can, however, run Apple's operating system on your PC. There is a hack that will allow you to install the Leopard OS. With Leopard installed, you can run Apple programs but I doubt that's what you're asking.

.... so no, can't do it.

Riodog

Reaction score
The answer you're probably interested in is no. You can't run Apple programs on Windows.

You can, however, run Apple's operating system on your PC. There is a hack that will allow you to install the Leopard OS. With Leopard installed, you can run Apple programs but I doubt that's what you're asking.

.... so no, can't do it.

Tom, that's exactly what I'm asking. I want to try the Apple OS on this new puter that I built. It doesn't have any OS on it at the moment and instead of installing MS I wanna know if I can make an Apple outta it.(not just apple programs-the whole enchilada). Bill Gates has too much money so I wanna spread it around.lol
Rio

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Rio doing this will upset the delicate balance and the PC guy will blue screen.

qt_ad_placeholder_20060501.jpg

I am courious to know how it works if you give a go at it.

Riodog

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, I knew I could count on our "puter whizzes" to come up with the answer.
Rio:D