WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Putting green in havasu

calkid

Reaction score
Getting ready to install a putting green at the Havasu house too, following.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I don’t want to blast the company that did mine, hopefully they will redo it, used the wrong turf and loaded it with sand. There is a company out of Vegas that will do it if it doesn’t get fixed. If you find someone here that does a good job, please post it.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Any updates on this thread? Any tips/suggestions?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I used Havasu Turf pros and was over all happy with their work. I know that isn’t who the OP had used.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Interested in what the best product out there is for the Arizona heat. I am considering adding a putting green to back yard even though I don’t golf 🤓

gmnhra

Reaction score
Islander Resort just put one in last year...
looks good to me
give em a call to see who did theirs
Rick is pretty picky about stuff..

nowski

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, will a home putting green be bad for your golf game?

Wouldn't the putting greens at the courses you play better simulate the greens on the course?

If not a golfer it probably doesn't matter. I like the idea, it's just a thought...

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't the putting greens at the courses you play better simulate the greens on the course?

speed of the green change from course to course, mine at home is pretty consistent. So, when I get to the course, I can determine if it’s slower or faster than my home green. It has improved my putting.

Not Havasu house.

DB / HAV

Reaction score

If not a golfer it probably doesn't matter. I like the idea, it's just a thought...
It really did improve my putting. The landscape company that did mine did a horrible job and didn’t fix it. what LHC Kirby said, you make minor adjustments on the course. I will redo mine hopefully soon

NicPaus

Reaction score
I put one in a few months ago in Redondo Beach for a customer. It's a putting green for practice. I am not a golfer. He explained he wanted it perfectly flat to dial in his putting and his kids putting. Not meant to be like the course. Apparently there are lots of issues with them. The ball veering within 3' of hole or hitting a variation in the turf.. His friends have had them installed and not happy. I got lucky while I was at Synthetic grass warehouse the guys waiting on there order next to me only did putting greens. They gave me some great pointers. If I had a big job needing one I would sub it to them. You can watch a video on Synthetic grass warehouse site that helps as well. It's not easy like installing artificial turf. And my price was half of what they would of charged. Didn't realize avg putting green is $25K here in So Cal from what they told me.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I have put in a few. Put a chipping area at one end. Seam in a little mound and taller grass around the putting turf. Practicing those short chips shots really is helpful.