WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PWC 2001 Yamaha XLT1200 two stroke

tab2rvr

Reaction score
Who's good in Parker or Lake Havasu area to work on a PWC 2001 Yamaha XLT1200 two stroke (Engine Problems)

tab2rvr

Reaction score
I may be able to help, what do you have going on?
I was riding it and it just died I tried starting it but it just keeps cranking over like it’s out of gas which it isn’t. Next trip to the river I’ll check the compression on each cylinder and see it that tells me anything. I’m open for suggestions or who could look at it and maybe fix it if needed in the Parker/ Lake Havasu Area.

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
Compression is definitely the first place to start, just because there is fuel in the tank doesn’t mean there is fuel in the carbs. If you have compression and spark then hit it with some starting fluid to see if it pops over.

I was riding it and it just died I tried starting it but it just keeps cranking over like it’s out of gas which it isn’t. Next trip to the river I’ll check the compression on each cylinder and see it that tells me anything. I’m open for suggestions or who could look at it and maybe fix it if needed in the Parker/ Lake Havasu Area.

tab2rvr

Reaction score
Compression is definitely the first place to start, just because there is fuel in the tank doesn’t mean there is fuel in the carbs. If you have compression and spark then hit it with some starting fluid to see if it pops over.

tab2rvr

Reaction score
Thanks I’ll try that and if no luck I’ll bring it over for you to look at. Send me the link of you web page and I’ll contact you next time I’m coming out and setup an appointment.

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
Thanks I’ll try that and if no luck I’ll bring it over for you to look at. Send me the link of you web page and I’ll contact you next time I’m coming out and setup an appointment.

Sent you a message

boatnam2

Reaction score
I had a 1300 GPR 2001, It started and ran but would shutoff, thought it was the battery but ended up being a dead cylinder, i did find a few guys through trying to sell it that would fix it, see if i can find their numbers for you. I ended up selling it for basically nothing.