WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PWC Question

Boat211

Reaction score
I know I know, we all hate them but regardless my parents want one. They asked my opinion on them and I have no idea. Anybody here have any knowledge on them? They will want a 3 seater. Any of them shine? Any to stay away from? Thanks for any info.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I bought a set of used super charged seadoos years back. I use them a couple of times a year when I have to entertain clients at the lake. All of the newer ones - 4 stroke SC / 2008 plus newer ride and speed wise will be more than enough. I would highly advise getting a matched set on a trailer. Riding passenger is not comfortable and resale will be easier. I would find a pair 3 / 4 years old that have been gently used. Enjoy!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The best Sea-doo is a a Sea-dont

But if you must....non turbo yamaha is the reliability champ

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Just picked up a '18 Sea Doo GTI SE 130 from my local dealer (Ridenow in PHX) Seemed to be a good mix of features, power, and value...

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
X’s 4 on the Yamaha. We bought the Yamaha VX Deluxe...it is supposed to be bullet proof. It can hit the low to mid 50’s, which is enough for most. I am going for something supercharged for me, for the next one.

Bought ours at Parker Motorsports.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We have the current Kawasaki 3 seat and the handlebar vibration is pretty numbing to the hands.
Dunno if the Yamis and Sea Doos are the same, but it's bad enough that I would have bought something else had we known it beforehand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9e1261f7f2e2d83986ded907b2f7eca2.gif

NicPaus

Reaction score
I just bought a 3 seater Yamaha Supercharged. Everyone hates them until they own 1. Already pissed off a few boaters by passing them with ease. Got the speedo up to 75 with more to go.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I just bought a 3 seater Yamaha Supercharged. Everyone hates them until they own 1. Already pissed off a few boaters by passing them with ease. Got the speedo up to 75 with more to go.

GP 1800?

Sunset

Reaction score
I have owned both if you get a Sea doo and want a supercharged model GTX get a 2008 or after because of supercharger problems on early ones.
The Yamaha is easier to maintain.
I sold mine last year and wish I had not great for checking out mouth of river.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I have owned Seadoo's since the old 2 strokes in the 90's, currently I have a 2006 GTX 155 that we use for pulling tubes and skiing behind that now has a little over 300 trouble free hours on it and a 2015 GTR 215 which is a blast drive around. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the newer 4 strokes all seem to be pretty solid. They do drink the fuel, my GTX goes through about 15 gallons in 4 hrs, where as my GTR goes through the same amount in 3 hrs. Most all the newer models have some sort of eco-mode which will help conserve fuel so if you want to just cruise down the lake at 40 mph you will most likely get more ride time per gallon.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I have a pair of kawi ultra lx’s. Non supercharged models for easy maintenance and hassle free.
They are not for racing boats, they are capable of doing more than we will ever do with them. Just a recreational toy, cool to explore with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCHB

Reaction score
I picked up a Yamaha for the hot summer afternoons when I want to go for a ride. So far I like it. Reliable Reliable.

Taboma

Reaction score
Nah, not all us forever boaters hate PWCs, just other people riding them :rolleyes: :p
Wife and I have owned one type or another of PWCs for 30 years, of course as we aged, the skis grew larger --- yet faster.
More than 90% of the time over the past numerous years, we launch the skis and the Cole stays garaged. Even got to where if somebody (novice type) wanted to water ski, I'd pull em behind my wife's Yamaha 3 seater.
I find it far less stressful, we can explore anywhere, beach essentially anywhere, they haul ass, overall we have a lot more fun with them than we do with the boat. The real bonus is the clean up, a bit of spray here and there, towel off and we're done. I've made custom beach skids so we can keep them secure on the beach below us at night, where as with the boat, I'm a lot more nervous of wind, weather and theft.
You won't find us wandering aimlessly spinning donuts, we drive em like we're boating, pick a line, enjoy the ride. We also strive to give you boaters are much berth as possible, no, we don't want to snuggle or exchange paint.

Now if we could just keep you fucktards in your 30+ foot cats running 100+ from hosing us down when we're already hugging the reeds --- because after all, you racing your buddy back to the trailers mandates you taking that sliver of a line, even if somebody else is already in it :eek: ----- My point is, like PWCs, there's always somebody on the water we love to hate :rolleyes::p

rvrrun

Reaction score
Nah, not all us forever boaters hate PWCs, just other people riding them :rolleyes: :p
Wife and I have owned one type or another of PWCs for 30 years, of course as we aged, the skis grew larger --- yet faster.
More than 90% of the time over the past numerous years, we launch the skis and the Cole stays garaged. Even got to where if somebody (novice type) wanted to water ski, I'd pull em behind my wife's Yamaha 3 seater.
I find it far less stressful, we can explore anywhere, beach essentially anywhere, they haul ass, overall we have a lot more fun with them than we do with the boat. The real bonus is the clean up, a bit of spray here and there, towel off and we're done. I've made custom beach skids so we can keep them secure on the beach below us at night, where as with the boat, I'm a lot more nervous of wind, weather and theft.
You won't find us wandering aimlessly spinning donuts, we drive em like we're boating, pick a line, enjoy the ride. We also strive to give you boaters are much berth as possible, no, we don't want to snuggle or exchange paint.

Now if we could just keep you fucktards in your 30+ foot cats running 100+ from hosing us down when we're already hugging the reeds --- because after all, you racing your buddy back to the trailers mandates you taking that sliver of a line, even if somebody else is already in it :eek: ----- My point is, like PWCs, there's always somebody on the water we love to hate :rolleyes::p
They are great to have, in addition to the boat. When our girls want to stay at the house with the grandparents, my wife and I will go to Parker for the day with the Sea Doos.

The only thing I would add to any of this is buy three seaters. Even with one person they are a blast and more stable for boarding in deep water. Most of them come with the retractable boarding step on the rear and that's a must have for older riders. This year Sea Doo came out with a modular system to replace the third seat a cooler or other accessories that clip in place. It's a nice feature and available on the new ST3 hull. My GTX is going up for sale and getting replaced with the RXT-X, the wife being faster than me is getting old.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The new Seadoo has a ridiculous amount of storage.

The 2 seater Supercharged is a little lighter easier to handle than the 3 seater. I sold my 2 seater as it towed toys great but was not legal. No hesitation when tubing they just go. The 130-155 hp skis you have to get on it. Only issue with the supercharged is who you let ride them. I recommend some experience before jumping on 1.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I just picked up a SVHO the same one nick has, i love the thing, hauls ass is very quiet and can spank pretty much all the stock shit out there.

Englewood

Reaction score
We have a couple of the Kawasaki 300x's. These things are stupid fast. 300hp. Gets up to 75 faster than anything Ive ridden in. The acceleration is mind blowing.

Supercharger can get quite thirsty.

I'd go Kawi or SeaDoo...

rvrrun

Reaction score
We have a couple of the Kawasaki 300x's. These things are stupid fast. 300hp. Gets up to 75 faster than anything Ive ridden in. The acceleration is mind blowing.

Supercharger can get quite thirsty.

I'd go Kawi or SeaDoo...
Kawi isn't limited to 70? Our RXT-X will sneak up to 71 or 72 before the limiter catches it.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Kawi isn't limited to 70? Our RXT-X will sneak up to 71 or 72 before the limiter catches it.

I believe all PWC are limited to 70mph as per Coast Guard. I have 3 215hp Sea Doo GTXs, they do 69-70 mph all day long. Never understood why people spend more money to have a 300hp PWC that only goes the same speed..

rvrrun

Reaction score
I believe all PWC are limited to 70mph as per Coast Guard. I have 3 215hp Sea Doo GTXs, they do 69-70 mph all day long. Never understood why people spend more money to have a 300hp PWC that only goes the same speed..
That's what I thought too, but there are kits to unlock them.

...and I thought the same thing until my wife got her RXT-X. It's too much fun to put that thing in sport mode and pull the trigger. Any faster than 70 and I'd probably kill myself. Getting to 70 and doing it over and over is a blast.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
That's what I thought too, but there are kits to unlock them.

...and I thought the same thing until my wife got her RXT-X. It's too much fun to put that thing in sport mode and pull the trigger. Any faster than 70 and I'd probably kill myself. Getting to 70 and doing it over and over is a blast.

I only ride the skis during the week at Parker. I'd ride my Sea Doo at 80 if it could, the steering assist keeps it nice and straight.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I only ride the skis during the week at Parker. I'd ride my Sea Doo at 80 if it could, the steering assist keeps it nice and straight.
That's primarily where we ride them as well. Mine in a GTX 155 and I can pretty much ride it dam to dam with it pegged. Her RXT-X is the same hull except for the adjustable sponsons and it feels likes its on a knife edge compared to mine.

What's the steering assist?

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
That's primarily where we ride them as well. Mine in a GTX 155 and I can pretty much ride it dam to dam with it pegged. Her RXT-X is the same hull except for the adjustable sponsons and it feels likes its on a knife edge compared to mine.

What's the steering assist?

They are on the GTXs. Sure helps when going slow too.

20180411_184412.jpg
20180411_184454.jpg