WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quartzite

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
C2B2EE59-DFF9-490B-9B8F-B012791BF78E.jpeg
With the Govt Shut down the long term areas stopped issuing passes. They are not letting those with out passes in the long term areas. RV campers headed to the 14 day free areas instead.

Plomosa Rd 14 day free is usually mostly off roaders and very few of us but now seeing the Blue hair land Barron’s taping off huge sections.
I’ve been known to blast right through the tape.

We’re camped in the gasoline alley cul de sac
Section and do everything all night long the blue hairs hate.
Impact wrench opera, bright lights, loud music drunks yelling, Gibson exhausts and Gibson guitars all nite long.

We rolled out the X3 and headed down Tyson wash to Al’s Pizza.
Hand tossed with a full bar. Good place, just ok but not bad pizza located right next to the wash.
Makes most his money January through March so a bit pricy but we get it.
Cocktail girls and bartenders are way cool.
Good selection of IPAs. Desert Magic brewed in LHC.

The gem and mineral show is going for the next few weeks. Contractors and landscapers and decorators hit town for a few days to check it out and buy often in huge quantities.
Best time to buy are on the last few days the vendors don’t want to haul off their displays.

The big tent has the usual reinvented brooms and toothpicks and stainless bushings for your ass.

Our RV has oddball light bulbs that I’ve been trying to replace with LED so I’ll hit the LED guys booth.

More Pix and a few tales in a few hours.

Last edited:

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping this was a thread of the scorpions embedded in the resin paperweights. I must have a dozen that I got as a kid.

Reactions: TPC

Meaney77

Reaction score
What a bizarre place.... I remember driving through Quartzite a few years ago when my wife and I picked up our motorhome and drive it home from Phoenix. Wall to wall trailer, motorhomes and blue hairs in the middle of nowhere.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If you guys send me a S.E.S.E I’ll send you a penny in a bottle.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We’ll spend a few days here camped North of Quartzite then head up to the town of Bouce. Bouce is real off road friendly to dry campers and miles of good camping spots and trails of interest. Dump and fresh water available at the county park.

Dump and water in Quartzsite are now run by Thénardiers.

Kuen mountain offers some interesting off road trails and destinations Outside of Quartzite first.
The RV show begins this week and I have a punch list of expensive parts we need hopefully at a discount. Plus I want to test the tale you Lowball the RV dealers on the last day and they’ll bite. We may not stay that long.

Quartzite is pretty much a truckstop that fills up with old Blue Hair campers January through late March.

North of town where we’re at it’s mostly off roaders that skip the town entirely. Fuel is still much cheaper 32 miles away in Parker. Forget propane in Q lines are way long and it’s expensive. Tale is authorities stopped the dispensing of propane from trucks. Sellers must have a dedicated facility so it’s even more difficult to buy.

I filled 4 30 lb tanks in Inyokern at the amazing price of $1.90 a gallon at the feed and hardware store. Wife stocked up on burro treats.

Some talk overall interest is gaining amongst regulars to stay in Yuma instead of Quartzite and some have started the yearly migration skipping Q altogether.

Last edited:

kiethco

Reaction score
That's a silly Al's pizza, best around for 100 miles. We're heading out to QZ this Wednesday, love it there. We'll do a trip to the Desert bar in the buggy Saturday.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I need to get out and was thinking about doing a trip to Quartzsite and checking it out. Been through but never stopped.
Does that mean the dispersed camping area around the show is not available because of the shutdown. Passes not issued.?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We’ll spend a few days here camped North of Quartzite then head up to the town of Bouce. Bouce is real off road friendly to dry campers and miles of good camping spots and trails of interest. Dump and fresh water available at the county park.

Dump and water in Quartzsite are now run by Thénardiers.

Kuen mountain offers some interesting off road trails and destinations Outside of Quartzite first.
The RV show begins this week and I have a punch list of expensive parts we need hopefully at a discount. Plus I want to test the tale you Lowball the RV dealers on the last day and they’ll bite. We may not stay that long.

Quartzite is pretty much a truckstop that fills up with old Blue Hair campers January through late March.

North of town where we’re at it’s mostly off roaders that skip the town entirely. Fuel is still much cheaper 32 miles away in Parker. Forget propane in Q lines are way long and it’s expensive. Tale is authorities stopped the dispensing of propane from trucks. Sellers must have a dedicated facility so it’s even more difficult to buy.

I filled 4 30 lb tanks in Inyokern at the amazing price of $1.90 a gallon at the feed and hardware store. Wife stocked up on burro treats.

Some talk overall interest is gaining amongst regulars to stay in Yuma instead of Quartzite and some have started the yearly migration skipping Q altogether.

I believe you are referring to Bouse correct? An ex neighbor of mine, Steve Bouse's uncle founded the town.

I sold my 5th wheel trailer to a guy that owns property in Salome which isn't too far from Bouse.

kiethco

Reaction score
Everything's still open in Quartszite. In the BLM camping areas dumpsters are still being emptied, dump stations open, and water.
They've asked campers to pick a site and come get the permit once the shut down ends. Quartszite is good to go!

grumpy88

Reaction score
That's a silly Al's pizza, best around for 100 miles. We're heading out to QZ this Wednesday, love it there. We'll do a trip to the Desert bar in the buggy Saturday.
How long does it take to get to the desert bar from quartzite? How many miles do you think it is ?

grumpy88

Reaction score
I wanna say it's about an hour, I mixed it up on/off road in the buggy.
I hope this does not come off stupid but we are talking about the desert bar in parker from quartzite correct ?

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
I'll be arriving Friday morning and camping off of Dome Rock Road through Monday. Its my first time in my new rv towing my jeep so i'm a little nervous. I've been going for about 15 years with my parents and their friends, makes me feel real young:p I really enjoy the swap meets north of the 10, however they have dwindled in the past years. Tyson wells is also fun and then I always end up checking the RV show out. We always come back to camp early Sunday to watch football:D Go RAMS!

River Runnin

Reaction score
;) The grub steak has the best fish and chip for 200 miles around! lol

jesco

Reaction score
Do you have a .gpx file or any type of nav file on this? I have a place in Ehrenberg, we can make it to Sillys pretty quickly if we don't stop. But I always heard from QZ to Desert Bar was a pretty long run... Guys in our park did it once few years ago, I think it ended up being 100 miles +/- each way. Took them all day to go round trip.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The SXS highways around town are the washes. Traffic is gridlock.
No Az plate and you’ll be ticketed on the street. LEOs galore.
Shows were just too slammed with people so we skipped most of that.

I was able to find the 20’ length of seal I needed for a savings of about $100 over what we found on the net. Nothing else really.

Picturesque trails:
EBC75F9B-E900-49C2-AE6B-EDC2C3C56D8C.jpeg
A8C5074C-E080-44A1-A41D-2CA1ADDF5565.jpeg
Three full bars in town. None have food that’s remarkable nor above average. One small grocery one pop up grocery both are expensive and limited.
Raspberries in the old folks beers at Al’s.
9D249ADE-27F4-477F-ACCE-5FECE9C32F70.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I believe you are referring to Bouse correct? An ex neighbor of mine, Steve Bouse's uncle founded the town.

I sold my 5th wheel trailer to a guy that owns property in Salome which isn't too far from Bouse.

Yes Bouse. Cool little town with a nice bar to meet locals and scratch the surface of the place.
SxS paradise.

Even with 4 bars, their is no internet service with so many visitors pressuring the system in the Q area.

We hit the running man fuel station in Parker. 100 Oxy-no lead Race gas $7.99 at the pump. Card readers probably permanently out of order.
Diesel found for 2.69 ll 2.49.

Weather has been outstanding.
We’re working our way to the Dunes in a few weeks.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I need to get out and was thinking about doing a trip to Quartzsite and checking it out. Been through but never stopped.
Does that mean the dispersed camping area around the show is not available because of the shutdown. Passes not issued.?

Poachers are using the long term pay areas as well as people that already paid before the shutdown.

The State trust area has/had “schoolies” converted busses.
Lots of drama there. Feuds, fights up all night yelling and screaming at each other.
“Less than 5% of the camping area and it’s 75% of our problems” one Leo told us at Als.
2 weeks $15 I think.

There are five or six BLM 14 day free areas that have more RV pressure with those that follow the rules and are waiting for the long term to re-open.
Ya just check in with the campground hosts.

Strangers though miles of open camping space will camp close to off roaders for several reasons. Someone in their RV feels safer and more secure next to a busy camp and if they get stuck they know a camp with 4X4 Dually’s are right there to help.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I think Boatcop is hep and dialed in on the Desert Intaglios.
This old Jasper Russ did a few YouTubes on them: