WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quartzite

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wife and I usually stop off if our destination route passes through here.
A few interesting trails the wife still wants to explore. It’s good trail riding here.

Camped on Plomosa wife walked the dog while I pressed buttons setting up camp.
Over an hour we got surrounded by single women living in their cars and vans.
Some sadly obviously homeless, some by choice.

By now the town is usually cleared out. Snowbird campgrounds 1/2 empty but no sign of that yet. May be the weather resetting plans.

This morning:
1B20FF19-9CE8-4C0D-B1C0-9A35E9C1F3BB.jpeg

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wife and I usually stop off if our destination route passes through here.
A few interesting trails the wife still wants to explore. It’s good trail riding here.

Camped on Plomosa wife walked the dog while I pressed buttons setting up camp.
Over an hour we got surrounded by single women living in their cars and vans.
Some sadly obviously homeless, some by choice.

By now the town is usually cleared out. Snowbird campgrounds 1/2 empty but no sign of that yet. May be the weather resetting plans.

Doesn't that make you feel uncomfortable in leaving your rig unattended and heading out to ride for a few hours?

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Doesn't that make you feel uncomfortable in leaving your rig unattended and heading out to ride for a few hours?

Yep.
Its why we bring the guns and other valuables along in the Can Am.
We stay in camp at night.
Rangers told us break-in unlikely but bring items in at night.

Less Ranger presence, no camp hosts. Used to see lots of this at Scanlan and Dome Rock but now in the washes along Plomosa Rd. Never used to see tents and tarps out here

Rule is camp within a certain distance of the pit toilets if they don’t have a porta potti.
No pit toilets out here so they shit in the dry creeks around tall scrub brush.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Tell me about the single women. My buddy Colin needs a chick. The dating pool up in arrowhead can’t be whole lot worse than the lot lizards in quartzite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh brother.

Rule of thumb: The nicer the van build = the younger and more attractive and thinner the owner.

‘89 Buick Regal with missing hubcaps to new Ford Dually trans vans - it’s a cafeteria for your erotic desires.
33f last night must have sucked.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Yep.
Its why we bring the guns and other valuables along in the Can Am.
We stay in camp at night.
Rangers told us break-in unlikely but bring items in at night.

My travels start next month. Call me paranoid but my trust in people is not like it used to be. Always have my head on a swivel but that's the same whether on the road or not.

Stay safe

welldigger00

Reaction score
Oh brother.

Rule of thumb: The nicer the van build = the younger and more attractive and thinner the owner.

‘89 Buick Regal with missing hubcaps to new Ford Dually trans vans - it’s a cafeteria for your erotic desires.
33f last night must have sucked.

Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
My travels start next month. Call me paranoid but my trust in people is not like it used to be. Always have my head on a swivel but that's the same whether on the road or not.

Stay safe

x2
last time out off-roading in the Jeep, we saw a younger guy approaching our group waving a shirt in the middle of BFE. 2 in our group walked to approach him (with guns hidden), I walked back to our 4 vehicles and everyone pulled out a gun just in case. Ended up being a group of 5, 20yo stuck in the middle of nowhere and they where stuck for 6 hours. After we got back to camp, we realized we should of call it in, the 5 kids where not from our country.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
x2
last time out off-roading in the Jeep, we saw a younger guy approaching our group waving a shirt in the middle of BFE. 2 in our group walked to approach him (with guns hidden), I walked back to our 4 vehicles and everyone pulled out a gun just in case. Ended up being a group of 5, 20yo stuck in the middle of nowhere and they where stuck for 6 hours. After we got back to camp, we realized we should of call it in, the 5 kids where not from our country.

Wife is good at picking out those that are stuck and will eventually be asking for a tow.
If they have a legit hard point to connect to we usually help. Some are in such a big pickle we can’t and call a service.

Many of these women are college grads on a job leave of absence adventure and enjoying themselves on the cheap.
Some we fear may be Covid unemployment but hope not.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Though we reload most our own, Ali touches base with the Quartzite ammo lady for a deal on supplies.

.223 is $1 a round now so reloading is essential.
45 cal is still in demand but available in bulk- but quietly.

Over 2/3 the various other vendors are gone by mid March.

Wind was blowing a day earlier than predicted and like a MFSOB.
Rain plus I10 traffic at a standstill so we rolled into the free Morongo RV parking and wait it all out.

Dinner, drinks lively video poker, friendly “stay as long as you like” staff.

The tribe flattened another 10+ acres west side and northside for RV and semi parking. Plenty of room.

Excellent.
612934E1-6195-455F-8DDC-9B6F050884FE.jpeg
04ECA03A-5F85-4EDB-ABBF-B341C4A13999.jpeg
66E913A1-007B-4ABE-A2A1-78EB2AF631A5.jpeg

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The advent of the internet seems to have brought a whole contingency of vagabond 50+ women living in vans into the Quartsite area now. It’s sad to see!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The advent of the internet seems to have brought a whole contingency of vagabond 50+ women living in vans into the Quartsite area now. It’s sad to see!
EB21449A-0582-41B0-B583-34AD33698F59.jpeg
E8ED6301-4C1B-40C8-B9D4-75507CD05039.jpeg
D804546C-AE4E-45FE-8954-578C09B1BBB5.jpeg