WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quartzsite, AZ

zhandfull

Reaction score
Never been to Quartzsite before. Think this might be the year with the Cali lock downs. Where’s the best place to camp boondocking style?

Was looking at BLM Scaddan Wash area.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
La Posa South and North seem to be the most popular BLM areas. It’s nuts this time of year through the end of February with the swap meets and vendors but a good time if that’s your thing.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Tpc is the quartzite expert on camping .

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Just came through there Thursday. NO traffic at all and lots of space to pick out a good spot. The wife mentioned she'd never seen it so empty and we've been going through there for 17 years.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Just came through there Thursday. NO traffic at all and lots of space to pick out a good spot. The wife mentioned she'd never seen it so empty and we've been going through there for 17 years.
Not as many canucks from North of the border......yet

EPL

Reaction score
Don’t think any are coming. None of our friends are coming this year to Florida

I know a lot of people from Oregon and Canada that aren't going to Quartzite this year because of Covid !! We are planning on going in mid Feb !!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
What are your expectations for quartzite?
It's not for everyone but if you like doing nothing then you might like it
I don't get the attraction but to each their own
Ah, to be young again!! :D

zhandfull

Reaction score
What are your expectations for quartzite?
It's not for everyone but if you like doing nothing then you might like it
I don't get the attraction but to each their own
I'm good doing nothing but hanging out, people watching and checking out the vendors. Have the Jeep to travel around, the old mine and some of the trails look cool.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Yep! the Big tent is a Shit show after everyone bailed for Yuma, watch your speed as the cops are the crookedest you will ever find, and if the Best Chinese joint is still there! Fook'n RUN!! -- The Hot mustard was French's, and the bbq pork was sweet baby rays!

zhandfull

Reaction score
Quartzite used to be great before they raised their tax rates on rv sales and everyone left for Yuma.
Aren’t RV tax rates base on your state and city of residence like a vehicle purchase?

adam909

Reaction score
Theres alot of people camping off the 95 right now.. looks like you just pull off and find a spot.. its more of a hippy type atmosphere. Lots of snow birds in the rv parks. Silly als and taco mios are some good places to eat. Theres a cool outdoor bar behind the swap meet thats on the east side off the freeway.. theres multiple swap meet areas going on right now..

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Plomosa rd.
No host this year.
E66C6D48-4802-45AF-8A83-C59CAC4C53AF.jpeg

EPL

Reaction score
Theres alot of people camping off the 95 right now.. looks like you just pull off and find a spot.. its more of a hippy type atmosphere. Lots of snow birds in the rv parks. Silly als and taco mios are some good places to eat. Theres a cool outdoor bar behind the swap meet thats on the east side off the freeway.. theres multiple swap meet areas going on right now..

The bar behind the swap meet is "Bear Belly's" (Adult Daycare) !! Fun place !

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That big swap meet was pretty crazy last time I went. $2.00 Coyote faces. So weird! Camp anywhere it seems. My Father in Law was a rock and gem hound. He loved it out there.