WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Queen and the Cowboy Cheerleaders

rrrr

Reaction score
I saw Queen with Adam Lambert play Dallas on Tuesday night. It was a fantastic show. Roger Taylor was killing it all night, and I was in awe watching my guitar hero Brian May perform.

When the band played Fat Bottomed Girls, there was a surprise...the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders came out on stage and performed. The stage had a traverse stage section that extended into the audience about 60’, the girls lined both sides of it and also the entire main stage.

I was into the music and didn't really fixate on the girls, but they were all definitely hot stuff.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Very cool, but its racist towards fat bottom girls, I am troubled. Still cant wrap my head around seeing Adam sing those songs.

rrrr

Reaction score
Lambert did very well. He opened the show by saying he's not Freddie, and no one will ever get close to his level of talent. He also said it was an honor almost beyond his comprehension to be asked to perform with Brian and Roger. The crowd gave him props for that, and he received a lot of applause during the evening.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Tie your mother down favorite song from Queen. We will rock you is criminally overplayed but on Live Killers is it smoking.

H2O

Reaction score
Saw them at the Forum last week...great show. They sounded awesome (although could have been a little louder) and May and Taylor shredded as usual.

Having seen them live several times with all the original members, I was a little reluctant to see them again with the current line-up, but it was def worthwhile.

IMHO (as a lighting designer) the set design and lighting was a step above most recent shows. Not in an over the top "fire all your lasers at once" or blind the audience with 500,000 lumens of LED light (which seems to be a recent trend)...but tastefully and artfully done with incredible technology.

i.e. before the concert starting I thought I was looking at a giant carved, acrylic, backlit crown on the stage. Turns out it was a high resolution screen that could display video and virtual 3D effects. Very cool....

crap cell phone pics don't do it justice

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg
IMG_3431.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well Adam Lambert is as gay as Freddie mercury, but he is no Freddie mercury....[emoji202][emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Well Adam Lambert is as gay as Freddie mercury, but he is no Freddie mercury....[emoji202][emoji39]

Yeah and probably didn’t even appreciate that fine view of the cheerleaders! I would have forgot what the hell I was singing!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Yeah and probably didn’t even appreciate that fine view of the cheerleaders! I would have forgot what the hell I was singing!
I didnt hear or see anything when the cheerleaders came on stage [emoji39]

thmterry

Reaction score
Brian May turned 72 last week. He has a PHD in astrophysicis and is a great rock star, Crazy life!!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
We saw Queen with Paul Rodgers at the Honda Center back when they toured - 5th row and it was an awesome show

o6okNtqr4rfMswyvkwhq7K.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
Paul Rodgers is an incredibly talented singer.

SixD9R

Reaction score
The cheerleaders were the only reason to watch that video.

spectras only

Reaction score
Me and the wife saw Queen with Lambert together , she went to see them more with her girlfriends every time they came to Vancouver. I always liked Queen and Freddie, have LP's from them in my archives. While Lambert never claimed to be Freddie, credit is due to him, he's a great vocal. I think if he wasn't gay, he would have won american idol, instead of being a second runner up.;)
You want to hear Lambert's vocal range, watch this YT video.You can't be closed minded because he's a fag:p

Fat bottomed girls will feel offended, because there was not one fat bottom girl was in that lot.:p:D we'll be hearing protests about that song in the near future, for sure.;)

Last edited: