WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quesadillas

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to lose weight again after losing 60 and putting back on 25 pounds. I’m so sick of just chicken, salads, no breads, no rice, no beans, no nothing. Bread has about 30 carbs per slice! Tortillas, at least the thin ones from Guerrero only have 20 carbs. There’s no carbs in meat, cheese, or salsa, very few in avocados so I’ve been doing quesadillas a lot lately.

I’ll grab a chicken at Sam’s Club, debone it, chop it up and add about 7-10 big spoonfuls from the jar of hatch chilies from Sam’s, add a few shakes of adobo seasoning, mix it up and set to the side. Now smash 3 avocados then add a can of Rotel tomatoes, and a few more shakes of adobo seasoning. Warm up the tortilla, flip it, add some shedded cheese of your choice, I do pepper Jack, add some of the chicken green chili mixture, add some more cheese and fold the tortilla over and let the cheese melt. It’s best to keep the chicken mixture warm to speed up the melting process. Add some of the guacamole and chow down. It’s pretty filling and pretty low carb too. You can use whatever meat you have laying around, the green chilies seem to blend good with carnitas also.
Just thought I’d pass some low-carb ideas out there for us guys trying to maintain our “fightin’ weight”.

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
You should’ve put a warning on this thread, now I’m hungry dammit!😂

jesco

Reaction score
Im the "quesadilla guy" out at the river in our park... usually after large amounts of drinking, hahahah. Ill usually take whatever leftovers there is from our group dinners. Tri tip, ribs, taco meat, bbq chicken, whatever dinner was that night usually ends up in a dilla... and Ill make a few cheese ones for the kids and just incase the shredded BBQ ribdilla isn't a hit, hahahaha. The big hit is always the Pizzadilla... tortilla, tomato sauce, pepperoni and/or sausage, and mozzarella cheese. Never go wrong with a quesadilla!!!

beertruck

Reaction score
I have been eating low carb tortillas to make wraps. They are 8-10" depending on the brand, and usually 3-6 carbs each. I like this one the best, they are soft and fresh, and 10"

Unknown.jpeg

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Del taco diet.
Actually if you get 2 Classic Grilled Chicken burritos with no tortilla, just have them put them on a Nacho plate with chipotle sauce instead of their secret sauce (sour cream), it makes a decent salad. Then just add about 6-8 packs of Del Scortcho sauce.

Last edited:

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Actually if you get 2 Classic Grilled Chicken burritos with no tortilla, just have them put them on a Nacho plate with chipotle sauce instead of their secret sauce (sour cream), it makes a decent salad. Then just add about 6-8 packs of Del Scorcho sauce.

Chipotle sauce is bomb too

2Driver

Reaction score
Make yourself a dang case-a-dilla

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
I've tried several of the low carb tortillas and many of them taste like cardboard to me. Lately i've been using these. They taste like regular tortillas and keep that nice soft texture.
1623268700653.png

Nikwho

Reaction score
Is that a real book? Would love to take a gander. My plan of action is just to burn off any/everything over 2k calories a day on the treadmill! So, large Butterfinger Sonic Blast?? SURE! But that means that I'll have to run a 10K on the treadmill that evening! Sucks horribly, but makes me think about eating crazy. Food has to be "paid back" that day via workout. Alcohol can be paid back the following day.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Is that a real book? Would love to take a gander. My plan of action is just to burn off any/everything over 2k calories a day on the treadmill! So, large Butterfinger Sonic Blast?? SURE! But that means that I'll have to run a 10K on the treadmill that evening! Sucks horribly, but makes me think about eating crazy. Food has to be "paid back" that day via workout. Alcohol can be paid back the following day.
It is. Original publish was 1964. Bought it on Amazon
1623281167627907152539.jpg
16232811980071018418168.jpg

Reactions: DLC

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
my son is on a "no carb" diet. He makes "tortillas" out of grated cheese, sprinkles it on the blackstone in a round till it crisps up a bit