WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question about consignment in Havasu

Brobee

Reaction score
I have my river truck in Havasu that I’d like to sell so I can downsize to something more on par with what I need. It’s a 2003 F350 crew cab 7.3l with around 97k miles. I don’t really have the time to go through with showing it and the selling process, especially since it’s in Havasu and I’m in SoCal.
Has anyone had any dealings, good or bad, with the local resellers? I know a couple are on here so that might sway the opinion. Let me know if you thought it was worth it and how the process went. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Not sure I would use a broker on something with that kind of value.

Why not just list it here and set the price for a forum member that makes sense compared to what you would pay in commission?

A nice 7.3 will sell here for a fair price

boatsntoys

Reaction score
Not 100% sure in Arizona. In California, title given or not, you will lose your truck if it’s sold, weather or not you receive the money from the broker/ dealer.

You and that Broker/ dealer have entered into a business agreement to sell your truck. An innocent 3rd party buys the truck from the dealer in good faith, knowing nothing about your business arrangement with the dealer. In the end, DMV will transfer title to the 3rd party.
You will now burdened with having to collect from the dealer. Immediately try to be first in line to attach his dealer/broker bond. Bonds are not distributed equally, first come is first paid. However, first in line is always the state for any unpaid registration fees, then you as long as no one got there ahead of you. Bonds are usually only about 50k, that was a few years ago, maybe they have gone up.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
SRW or DRW, standard or long bed. Gas or diesel.
Post some pics, and more details, whatcha got.

Edit, Re read, 7.3 = diesel so there that answer, lol

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Boat Brokers did NOT do well for us on consignment. Brought our 40' 5th wheel home after their contract period and sold it in 2 weeks for our asking price. A lot of on site inventory was Boat Broker owned and featured.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I do believe someone just showed 2FF how it is really done!

Brobee

Reaction score
If its 4wd and long bed you got the holy grail of Fords. Should be a easy sell. Post a few more details and pics.

It’s a short bed, but it is 4wd. I just had it out at the opening day of the Desert Bar so it’s dusty, but she cleans up nice.
Adjustments.JPG
IMG_0020_Original.JPG
IMG_0019_Original.JPG

Runs great and will tow a house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
Not sure I would use a broker on something with that kind of value.

Why not just list it here and set the price for a forum member that makes sense compared to what you would pay in commission?

A nice 7.3 will sell here for a fair price

X2. No need for a boat broker. Nice truck. That’ll go quick. Bring it to the RDP regatta with a fair price and you’ll need a ride home.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't think you will have any problems selling it to be honest..

RD