WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question about Pentair Intelliflo pump

rrrr

Reaction score
We are having our pool redone with new tile, coping and Pebble Tec finish, so I decided to spring for a new Intelliflo pump. I spent a few hours installing it this afternoon and have been looking over the owner's manual.

Am I reading this manual correctly?

It appears there's no freeze protection built into the program...the manual says if it drops below freezing to turn on the pump and let it run. I'm thinking WTF, it cost over a grand and there's no provision for this? Adding a thermistor and needed software changes would be a no brainer for the manufacturer.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Freeze protection is a feature that would be built into the control panel, and would include pump run as well as valving. Thermistors are installed on the plumbing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
I saw that note, but the control panel is about another grand...guess I'll be turning on the pump when it gets cold.

soupersonic

Reaction score
I saw that note, but the control panel is about another grand...guess I'll be turning on the pump when it gets cold.

the factory default is enabled and set to 1000 rpm and 40 degrees f

rrrr

Reaction score
So does the pump have internal freeze protection without being connected to a control panel? I see indications on the internet that it will run below 40 degrees to protect the pump, but the information is unclear.

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
So does the pump have internal freeze protection without being connected to a control panel? I see indications on the internet that it will run below 40 degrees to protect the pump, but the information is unclear.

I thought freeze protection was a preset on that pump. I had my go to guy install my pump and have had no problems thus far.
Get one of your 12 year olds in your neighborhood to sort things out for you or you could just fly Phebus to Texas to fix your shit.:rolleyes

What the fuck do I know, I'm a JET BOAT owner. :eek Tell your lovely wife I said howdy. :)

soupersonic

Reaction score

I will find out for sure Monday.I think it senses air temp but not water temp but i am not positive.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Not sure where you live but My pump runs every night anyway. Here in Phoenix if its going to freeze its not going to be during the day so Im covered with the pump running every night.

rrrr

Reaction score
I thought freeze protection was a preset on that pump. I had my go to guy install my pump and have had no problems thus far.
Get one of your 12 year olds in your neighborhood to sort things out for you or you could just fly Phebus to Texas to fix your shit.:rolleyes

What the fuck do I know, I'm a JET BOAT owner. :eek Tell your lovely wife I said howdy. :)

You put a pool pump in your Hallett? Extension cord management must be a bitch. :D

Fonda sez hi!