WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question for AZ R.E. professionals

howard rogers

Reaction score
I paid off my house, got documents from bank showing loan paid in full and that a transfer fee was processed. Am I supposed to receive any documentation from the county like a deed or something? House in Ft Mohave, county is Mohave. Thanks.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I never received anything
I don't think they care if you have a loan or not. As long as you keep paying taxes
Yup it’s never “paid for”, as far as Taxes are concerned.

X Hoser

Reaction score
In California they use a Reconveyance Deed of Trust that removes the lender from the title I believe. Not sure about AZ??

Reactions: C-2

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Your mortgage bank should file with the county a deed of trust that says the loan has been paid in full and they release interest in the property. I was in a similar position not knowing what the lender did. I called the Mohave County recorders office, they were really helpful and sent me a copy of what the bank sent them, for a $10 fee and an email from a human explaining.

Get a copy of your deed and release of deed documents from:
Mohave County Recorder’s Office
PH 928-753-0701
[email protected]

D19

Reaction score
No it’s not like a car. Just make sure the Reconveyance was filed with the county and all is good.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The property was already in your name. It was just encumbered with the lien.

C-2

Reaction score
In California they use a Reconveyance Deed of Trust that removes the lender from the title I believe. Not sure about AZ??

Yup, you should receive a reconveyance from the "trustee" on the loan.

You were the trustor, the bank was the beneficiary, and the trustee is the company whose job is to issue the reconveyance after the loan has been paid, or to foreclose if the loan was not paid.

It can take several months. You will receive a copy of a recorded copy (stamped from the county recorder showing the date it was recorded and the instrument number)

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
A problem I hope to have in a couple of years. Congrats to OP.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I paid off my house, got documents from bank showing loan paid in full and that a transfer fee was processed. Am I supposed to receive any documentation from the county like a deed or something? House in Ft Mohave, county is Mohave. Thanks.

Your house basically has a Carfax report on it called a Chain of Title. It shows all deeds and loans ever recorded against it. They just file a form stating that there is no more loan against the property but the original grant deed from your purchase remains the same. If you want you can shoot me your info and I can pull it for you to make sure the release was recorded unless you already have it sorted out. I have access through work.